SlammedRanger

Couple small issues

First it wont let me put my signature in. Signature is set to a max of 5 lines.

Second i dont have the option to show all forums. I have to chose a topic and in the sandbox it wasnt that way

Screenshot_20191124-154146_Chrome.jpg

On the second are you talking about the notifications at the bottom? If so it's still there but we have a lot more sections here so it's way down on the list.

14 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

First it wont let me put my signature in. Signature is set to a max of 5 lines.

Ya, there are max Sig lines set. How many should we allow? Yours is so long it might be better to put it inside a spoiler container.

1 minute ago, retro said:

Ya, there are max Sig lines set. How many should we allow? Yours is so long it might be better to put it inside a spoiler container.

Whats a spoiler container? I totally agree mine is too long lol

Neither of the things i have circled are on the new site. I used them the most. I dont like choosing an individual forum section to view new posts. I just refresh a list of all new posts from all sections to see new posts quicker.

9 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

Whats a spoiler container?

The eyeball button in the editor.

preview24.png

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, retro said:

The eyeball button in the editor.

preview24.png

Spoiler idea didnt work. Still said to many lines. Good thought though!

Well thats a bummer! I didn't know the spoiler is limited. Maybe it will work with a quote box? Or maybe I gotta increase the Sig lines setting? I'll try that.

If putting it in a spoiler box will make it take up less space i am 100% for it! We can just kindly ask people to use spoiler boxes if there sigs get out of hand. I know mine is a direct example and i want to lead by doing it right.

• Like 1

I just increased the limit... see if the spoiler works now?

20 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

Is there a way to change the genaric reveal hidden content to signature or something else?

I've been wondering about that label too. I'll look into it later on. Does it work now? If so I'll decrease the limit until I break it, then increase until it works so we know how many lines we gotta allow for that container.

• Like 1

Just wanted the newer members know... I can't give ratings , or see pics (sometimes i can right click and open them in a new window, 

YES! It bothers me that i CAN'T give ratings! You guys deserve them! 

https://atvhonda.com/index.php?/gallery/

Also..... So far i have no issue viewing the gallery! I should be updating to a new operating system soon. Just wanted y'all to be aware, we now return you to the regularly  scheduled program...

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

when i use an Emoji, things slow down. the page reacts differently. it does the same on the windows HDD. the linux drive, doesnt have any blockers yet, as i have just got it going. it shouldn't be a blocker problem. i think this only happens at this site.

should i have opened a new topic on this?

Edited by LedFTed
question

I very seldom use the emoji. They never slowed the page down for me but do take a while to load to view them all to insert them.  The 1-2 second delay never bothered me though. 

yes the emoji screen does take a little time to load, depends on your internet speed I'm sure...I use them a fair amount

On 1/3/2020 at 3:41 AM, LedFTed said:

when i use an Emoji, things slow down

There are a lot of emojis loading in that small popup at the same time. I will look into caching those so they'll load instantly when I find some spare time. It's on the TODO list.

as far as speed i should have enough. i only use the 1st section of emojis. at the moment, they are not so important, i still like to use them.

maybe the list could be thinned down a bit, to speed things up. whenever the time permits.

On 1/3/2020 at 3:41 AM, LedFTed said:

when i use an Emoji, things slow down.

I did some reading and found out the Twitter style emoji sets load very slow and that there is no fix for that. So I changed the emoji set to Native. Let us know how those work. Thanks for finding and mentioning this problem!

emoji test

😀 😎