SlammedRanger

Couple small issues

5 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

yes... i believe so, fish. i know what my count is ... so lets test this.. this idea... mine is 1753 ... take one away fish. (just for testing) lol, but you can leave it off as proof. i don't think any of the other ratings take points away... 

image.jpg

I was gone all day , had to make father in Law's wake and funnel , he was 91 years old , he had a good life ,  I be glad to make 71 in decent health ---------      seen your post , I will give it a try and see what happens to unlike a like , it might be different for me having that mod title  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

I was gone all day , had to make father in Law's wake and funnel , he was 91 years old , he had a good life ,  I be glad to make 71 in decent health ---------      seen your post , I will give it a try and see what happens to unlike a like , it might be different for me having that mod title  

I gave you a like , it went up one after I refreshed the page , then unliked it , refreshed and the nember went back down , but it was quick , maybe if an amount of time went by it would act differently  ---PS --I gave you that like back , LOL 

• Like 1

sorry to hear about the father-in-law ... how's ms fish, and family doing ?  my thoughts and prayers ... stuff the ratings... doesn't matter when compaired to real life... it was just something that got my eye..

6 hours ago, oh400ex said:

Yes and a "sad" rating takes away one point? Does "confused" as well? 

Not sure just going off observation...

Edit: Also if a post is deleted the reactions associated with the post would too I believe. Retro can clarify...

I ain't going to give anyone a Sad Face no more , I didn't realize it was a bad thing , some stories are sad like when Jeep's tire got ripped , I postes a Sad Face cause I was sad he got ripped , then OH400EX video about a turtle neck guy from San Fran didn't impress me , so I gave a Sad'dy , but don't want no ill effects from it , there were some other times with music , I didn't like the video and gave a sad face ------so what kind of results happen from giving someone  a confused face 

• Haha 1

I anyone has a Sad Face from me , let me know and I will un-sad it !!!!!  LOL 

24 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

OH400EX video about a turtle neck guy from San Fran didn't impress me , so I gave a Sad'dy

No worries here. I am of the mindset that we should have a "dislike", "heartbroken" and a few more to make it more clear. Shade would wear out a "wrong" reaction lol
Do see the simplicity argument though and don't see any overall problem with some internet points getting taken back if someone makes a post others don't like.

I don't like how "sad" is currently used as "dislike". Sad should be a neutral emote or positive and "dislike" or "wrong" should be a "take away his internet points" sort of deal IMO

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

No worries here. I am of the mindset that we should have a "dislike", "heartbroken" and a few more to make it more clear. Shade would wear out a "wrong" reaction lol
Do see the simplicity argument though and don't see any overall problem with some internet points getting taken back if someone makes a post others don't like.

I don't like how "sad" is currently used as "dislike". Sad should be a neutral emote or positive and "dislike" or "wrong" should be a "take away his internet points" sort of deal IMO

too bad we don't have a emotion for dumb folks ?..i'd have that one on speed click !.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you notice , I very seldom , if ever , call someone out as dumb or stupid , although I might think it ------   I was once told it takes stupid to know stupid ----  GrandMa use to always tell me , " if you don't have something good to say , then say nothing " , words to live by ,  but I just can't help myself some times , so many opportunities out there ----   LOL 

17 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

If you notice , I very seldom , if ever , call someone out as dumb or stupid , although I might think it ------   I was once told it takes stupid to know stupid ----  GrandMa use to always tell me , " if you don't have something good to say , then say nothing " , words to live by ,  but I just can't help myself some times , so many opportunities out there ----   LOL 

if the shoe fits ?..wear it !..rofl.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I ain't going to give anyone a Sad Face no more , I didn't realize it was a bad thing , some stories are sad like when Jeep's tire got ripped , I postes a Sad Face cause I was sad he got ripped , so what kind of results happen from giving someone  a confused face 

i think I'll,follow suit.... with no more sad... ratings ... if you check certain profiles ... you'll notice some have never given confused, or sad ratings .. shade is one who hasn't ever given ether of those.. 

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

some stories are sad like when Jeep's tire got ripped

that one angered me... to make a comment, to how i agreed how wrong it was, and how some of us have been there...also angered me when his cat was sawed off in daylight in a parking lot..  maybe it should have been a rating of thanks for letting us know what happened ?? it's hard to say which would have been the correct way, yet words ... express SOME emotioon, where as a sad face does, just not as much. 

... as for what a confused rating does, nothing... just shows the person / user who gave the rating (far as i know) same with sad, the other three add one point ench (laughter, thanks, like) i agree with shade ... a dumb rating would be worn out here in forums ... lol 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i think I'll,follow suit.... with no more sad... ratings ... if you check certain profiles ... you'll notice some have never given confused, or sad ratings .. shade is one who hasn't ever given ether of those.. 

that one angered me... to make a comment, to how i agreed how wrong it was, and how some of us have been there...also angered me when his cat was sawed off in daylight in a parking lot..  maybe it should have been a rating of thanks for letting us know what happened ?? it's hard to say which would have been the correct way, yet words ... express SOME emotioon, where as a sad face does, just not as much. 

... as for what a confused rating does, nothing... just shows the person / user who gave the rating (far as i know) same with sad, the other three add one point ench (laughter, thanks, like) i agree with shade ... a dumb rating would be worn out here in forums ... lol 

Eh, I don't care about my "rating".  People can read my posts and see that I try to help folks out.  If someone comes on here an instantly says "Oh, that guy has a lot of likes, so he must know what he's talking about!" then they're stupid. 

That guy who destroys ATV's and engines on youtube has tons of followers.  Anyone think that's someone we should listen to?  LOL

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Eh, I don't care about my "rating".  People can read my posts and see that I try to help folks out.  If someone comes on here an instantly says "Oh, that guy has a lot of likes, so he must know what he's talking about!" then they're stupid. 

That guy who destroys ATV's and engines on youtube has tons of followers.  Anyone think that's someone we should listen to?  LOL

if i ever see that guy on here ?, he'll be banned like real quick !..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not going to say a  word... lol.... I'll just watch him fly over Saturn... 

6 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

WOW , You received  18 sad faces and gave out 7 sad faces , maybe more than any other player , LOL   ------  but your post to likes ratio is pretty good !!! If I gave you any of them saddy's I'll take um back 

6 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

oh i wouldn't say likes account for knowing what your taking about ether ... more like the post that get the likes. at least some, kind of like going with advise from those who have actually been there, and have the book, and shirt ... i reckon my issue ... i love a puzzle .. to figure out. not like going straight to the cure. you don't learn by being given the answer, you learn from doing. (hands on)