TolarATV

Rancher 350ES Speedometer LCD Repair by Member@AKATV! Awesome

Everyone who has an bad LCD display because of a bad polarization film needs to send your meter to @AKATV! Let me tell you, this guy knows what he is doing and he will fix and return your meter looking like brand new. So I was a little nervous about sending my meter to a guy that I have never met on a forum and to Alaska, at that! Dont worry. He knows what he is doing and communicated with me the entire time. I sent my meter via USPS and insured on a Thursday. It arrived at his house on a Monday(today) afternoon and he had it fixed and back in the mail to me the same day. I should get it Friday or Saturday. He sent pictures after the repair and pictures of the USPS box and tracking number. Dont worry and dont try this repair yourself unless you just want to. To each his own. I did not want to risk messing it up. All you do is send the actual lcd circuit board. It is very easy to remove. He has the power connections at his shop to energize the unit for testing. He only charges a very reasonable amount to do this repair. I checked other places and it was double what he charges. A new meter is 250-350 dollars. You dont need one unless your board is toast which is rarely the case. The polarization layer which sits on top of the LCD, its a plastic film basically, gets old and ages with time. Replace it and you once again have a crystal clear display! While your meter is out, you will have time to also buff and polish the cover lens. I used Meguiars headlight restoration kit to polish mine. It too is like new again. I will post pictures once I get it back and install it onto the machine, but here are a few pics until then. The pictures speak for themselves!

48392.jpeg

48398.jpeg

20201028_181655.jpg

20201028_181937.jpg

• Like 7

Needing help with speed-0. 2000 Foreman es- no neutral light and display has faded away. This all happen due to a bad voltage regulator. Screen pretty much looks like the ones in the pictures that AKATV has repaired. 

Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

I can get you taken care of no problem

If you could post a picture it really helps, as sometimes I might be able to spot other issues

such as non-repairable black spots that are from internal LCD damage

I will send you my contact info and we can work it out

• Like 1

Sounds good and thank you for the reply. I will pull cover for better pictures of screen. Any tips on removing the LCD, I did this once before on my 02 Foreman and stripped all the screws in the grommets. 

If you are talking about loosening the 4 10mm nuts on bottom of the speedometer,

I spray a little WD40 and use a quick burst on the electric impact to free up the nuts

If you go at it slow with a ratchet and the nuts are corroded you run the risk of twisting out the mounted (in plastic) studs

All the rest is just a bunch of phillips head screws that are not generally a problem unless the heads are corroded into non-existance

if so and there is enough left-then you can just twist them out with pliers or vise-grips

• Like 1

I could use some help with one on my 2000 rancher 350es. There are some blackspots but I can only see them when the lights are on. Otherwise you have to look at a funky angle to see anything and it's barely noticeable 

I'll get some pictures in the daylight tomorrow

Welcome to the forum!

Post a few pictures with the speedometer backlight on (headlights turned on)

it helps a lot to identify the bad areas

Sounds like Sun/UV damage but I will know more when I see it

You’re going need to purchase a new top cover if its cracked

you definitely don’t want water getting inside the speedometer

I can fix the internal LCD, it has sunlight/ UV damage which is pretty normal for these after 20+ years

I will send my contact information to your inbox if you would like to contact me about a repair

I have a Honda rancher with non functional lcd screen and was wondering about help getting it repaired if possible. It does have dark spots and the screen is pretty much blurry so nothing can be seen. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Jeff

Glad to see you over here on the forum!

Is this a Honda 350 ES Rancher by chance?

If you could post a few pictures with your headlights turned on so that the display is backlit, it’ll really help me see what you need to have done, also I will send my contact information directly to your message box if you decide you would like to have a repair done

-AKATV

Thank you for the picture, that’s exactly what I needed to see

You have pretty standard Sun/UV damage to your LCD

You will need to have your polarization films and back light filter replaced

I can repair it for you if you decide you want it done 

-AKATV

I just bought a 2006 TRX350FE. The ATV was Partially ran over by a D8 bulldozer. I straightened the handlebars, but the meter looks to be destroyed.  Is there any hope??

Spoiler

2BD9ACC9-B95A-4EAD-81A9-1696C0161868.jpeg

Well obviously your top cover and your LCD glass is not salvageable but if your back plate, your harness and your internal circuit card are still OK, I can rebuild you a meter

you’re going to  need to take that top cover off  and post a few pictures of the circuit card

I will send my contact information to you as well

AKATV

Hello, I have the same problem, a 2006 honda rancher trx350 es, the LCD screen display is not showing properly.  It does work.  You can see part of the display just not all of it.  I am searching out AKATV to see if he can repair this.  I did try to message but as I am a new member it said I dont have enough of something as of yet?

I had to post a couple of times, then it allowed me to receive private messages.

you should be able now to click on AKATV and send him some pictures and information directly.  He responded to me same day.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HONDA337 said:

Hello, I have the same problem, a 2006 honda rancher trx350 es, the LCD screen display is not showing properly.  It does work.  You can see part of the display just not all of it.  I am searching out AKATV to see if he can repair this.  I did try to message but as I am a new member it said I dont have enough of something as of yet?

Welcome to the forum!

I can get you taken care of and I will send contact info to your message box for you

AKATV

Hello all, I’m new to the forum. I have a 2001 trx350fe with the same problem. Sun/uv damage. I believe it is repairable. I can’t believe Honda has discontinued support on this product considering how many owners are experiencing the same issues. 

I also have a 2002 trx450 es with a similar problem. I’d like to get them both repaired if possible.