TolarATV

Rancher 350ES Speedometer LCD Repair by Member@AKATV! Awesome

Welcome to the forum

I can get you taken care of

It would help to remove those top covers and take a picture of the LCD display assembly with the cover removed

I’ll send my contact information to your message box as well

Edited by AKATV

I have the same issue. Looking from an angle you can see it but I don’t think it is the plastic window. I think it is the digital LCD itself being faded. 

3D5AE462-1F8E-42E3-AFB8-0BDF8A18BCF3.jpeg

Edited by American Sentinel K9

Welcome to the forum and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

I will send my contact info to your message box if you would like to look into having it repaired

AKATV

Welcome to the forum!

Post a picture of it powered up with the headlights turned on so I can see what you have going on and we can take it from there

I’ll send my contact information to your message box as well

AKATV

Welcome to the forum!

I might need just a little bit more information or perhaps a few pictures, but I can most likely repair it for you.

I will send my contact information to your message box as well.

AKATV

On 1/27/2021 at 5:52 PM, AKATV said:

Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

I can get you taken care of no problem

If you could post a picture it really helps, as sometimes I might be able to spot other issues

such as non-repairable black spots that are from internal LCD damage

I will send you my contact info and we can work it out

I accidently deleted our messages 

I have pics of my speedometer.

Hmu please

On 5/22/2022 at 10:00 PM, AKATV said:

Welcome to the forum!

Post a few pictures with the speedometer backlight on (headlights turned on)

it helps a lot to identify the bad areas

Sounds like Sun/UV damage but I will know more when I see it

Message me please

Hi James, welcome to the forum!

It really depends on what issues you have and what all repairs you need to have completed 

I will send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to look into having a repair done

AKATV

Hi. Can anyone tell me what value zener diode it is that blows in the Honda TRX display.

im in the uk so hard to send to the us for repairs 

IMG_0661.jpeg

Kind of tricky to measure specs on Zener diodes if you don’t have the right equipment on hand, I don’t know the value of this particular part.

I can look into it and see what I can find out.

In the meantime here’s a helpful video If you had another board handy, you can test via these methods and find out the value.

Ok thanks, any info would be much appreciated.

Unable to check as the leg has fallen out of the body 😥

On 3/17/2023 at 6:27 PM, AKATV said:

Welcome to the forum!

I might need just a little bit more information or perhaps a few pictures, but I can most likely repair it for you.

I will send my contact information to your message box as well.

AKATV

Hey AKATV,  new to the forum and got here by search info on repairing a TRX350fe display.  I have the UV issue with mine and was wondering if you could help with it.  Could you please inbox me with your info and info on getting it to you and costs etc.  Here is a pic of mine.  I did polish the top cover and it helps some but not resolved.   Anyone know if the TRX350 will operate fine without the display for a while when repairs are being done?

image0[2837].jpeg

Edited by ToddF

I can repair this for you no problem and I will send my contact information to your inbox.

Most of the wheelers will operate fine without the speedometer because they’re just basically an input device and they have no output to the rest of the machine and how it shifts on certain models, on SOME the speed signal is routed through the speedometer to the ECU and if the ECU can’t get this signal, it will shut down shifting. I see this on certain models, and it mostly affects downshifting at higher rpm- some people report absolutely no problems and drive their four wheelers without the speedometer while it’s getting repaired

-the easiest way is just unplug it and take it for a test ride. 

-AKATV

• Like 1

Hello, new member and have this problem. How do I get a picture on here. I can barley see the backlight come on and nothing else. It has been sitting our in the sun and looks like flakey foil on inside. What do you think? 

Thanks

Hi Troy, welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you definitely have some sun damage and I do a lot of repairs for that reason

There should be a “click to choose files” link down at the bottom of your text box when you’re typing and you can just attach pictures that way

I will also send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to look into having a repair completed and you can send me pictures that way as well

Don’t forget to check out our service manual library and download your free service manual if you need one, hope to see you around

-AKATV 

Hey @AKATV I have a 2003 rancher 350 that the display has some sun damage that I would like to try getting fixed possibly

20230723_153038.jpg

Welcome to the forum 

I can repair it for you no problem 

I will send my contact information to your message box as well 

AKATV

On 7/24/2023 at 2:20 AM, AKATV said:

Welcome to the forum 

I can repair it for you no problem 

I will send my contact information to your message box as well 

AKATV

I have a 04 foreman that the lcd stopped working, but the back light works. Could you dm me your info please 

I have a 2005 Rancher ES that needs a display repair as well.   The only text you can see on it is part of the word "gear" , and it also has the black spots.   I'll post a picture shortly..I just set up my account so I guess I need to do a couple posts till I can get messages I think I read?    Thanks.