Misterclean

Chinese carb

I've always wanted to know the truth about the cheap Chinese carbs for wheelers and dirt bikes. I've heard many people....even here say it worked good for them. I always wondered if it worked good to someone who knows how to define "Good". I able to correctly define "good" because I've done over ten thousand carb jobs in my career. Case in point..........I bought my wife a Honda CRF150F two days ago. It was in excellent condition but the seller put a cheap carb on it for $20 because the last time the dealer charged over $200 to repair the carb. He said it worked good. I told him I would buy the bike if it came with the original carb......he still had it!!!!!!!. So I drive several hours to buy it . During the test drive the carb was rich at low speed and lean at high speed.......This was good by his definition. The next day I cleaned the original carb. and now it works as designed!!!!!"  "Good" LOL . While doing some online research for stock jet sizes and clips position I found out that they benefit greatly by removing the baffle and intake snorkel. They came jetted too lean from the factory...so "they say". I agree because the baffle was already removed and I could tell after my cleaning it needed a bigger main jet. Online gurus said increase the main from 98 to115! !!!! I drilled mine out and it works very good! Maybe another horsepower? So that's my experience with Chinese dirt bike carbs........they're good.......or are they? LOL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My experiance with almost anything from china for a atv or dirtbike is "hit and miss". And the majority of times its a miss lol. That being said a friend we ride with has a china carb on his grizzly and it runs and rides no problem at all. Starts right up everytime. And i have seen it in person go 60 miles in 2 days. Beating on it hard to keep up with all of us on our sport quads and sometimes stopping to sink it in the mud holes we would ride by. Is it perfectly tuned and efficiant? I cant imagine it is. But for someone to ride it and have fun on it. Works 100%.

• Like 1