Wheeler

Winter Plans..

6 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i know how you like mods, any thoughts on changing the fender badges ? 

Fender badge? I’m sorry I don’t know what ones u mean..

Just now, _Wilson_™ said:

my bad the warning lable, on the left front fender, and left rear fender, it's riveted in the plastics. 

Great minds think alike as I’ve mentioned before! YES! I’ve looked at the funny ones to rivet on there!! 

• Like 1

Nice , 355  !!!  ----------  54% , 3 inch swing arm stretch , 29.5s , snorkel and you'll be King of that hole in your Mud video

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Wheeler said:

Yup, no stretch, GR for me!

haha

Being the way you like to do mods to your truck , I thought for sure you would be all into tricking out your 300 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just finished up the 424 install. Doubled checked the function, & she’s wayy better than the other one. Got the transfer case gear oil changed as well. Wheels all on & torqued. Looking good. Just to toss the rear bumper on now..

DE2E6E08-9FBE-4692-BEB1-3D09727E2916.jpeg

CC849A6A-BC9B-4B73-BED6-AF57B04F11D4.jpeg

7FC4DFE0-59F4-4546-8F52-FF7323222471.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wheeler said:

@Fishfiles I think the quad has enough mods! Lol. Never seems to stop!

If I found a genie bottle rubbed it and the genie granted me three wishes for more mods , my first wish would be for endless wishes --- it never ends and it is never enough 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

thinking out side those lines again, eh ^^^ fish, lol. 

wheeler ... we would still like to know what was wrong with the other one, I'm thinking the switch. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

thinking out side those lines again, eh ^^^ fish, lol. 

wheeler ... we would still like to know what was wrong with the other one, I'm thinking the switch. 

I’ll post pics when I tear into it for rebuild..

• Like 1

On February 1, 2021 at 3:26 PM, Wheeler said:

Great minds think alike as I’ve mentioned before! YES! I’ve looked at the funny ones to rivet on there!! 

@Wheeler i started go with that type, but after adding these to the hondaline hand guards (1st pic ) i went with stainless checker plate covers for the left rear, and front fender,  warning lables kind of hard to make out in the (2nd) gives it some bling. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

@Wheeler i was finally able to find some old pics, never mind the 2  digital gauges, and battery volt gauge (been updated) i needed a good spot in the bike to mount these, plus i don't like those warnings getting faded , so killed two birds with one stone, covered the original warning label .. and located a great spot for the gauges. and this other idea of cutting the oem front shaft cover, to work work with the 424 ... i got from @Fishfiles so credit goes to him for that mod. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

I also covered up the warning label on a couple of mine , I have a habit of using that exact spot as a foot rest and the labels were messed up any ways , the aluminum plate looks alright 

j9HZNPHETB6CANJlDOezRw.jpg

• Like 2

SittyDown , the 424 kick out is the best mod you could do to a full time 4wd >>  in my book  

• Like 2

I've ridden the kid's 300 a couple of times over the last few days.  This is the one @shadetree built the engine, and I put a 424 on it.  I have to work the knob a bit to get it to lock into 2wd.  Think I need to adjust it or are they all like that?  This is the first one I've installed.

• Like 1

do you feel spring resistance when you pull the knob out ? , usually have to move the bike some to line the the 424 input, and out put mechanism up. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it has resistance, and will spring back forward if I let it go.  I just usually have to yank on it a few times to get it to lock open.

Now that you mention it, maybe I need to try it while rolling a little.  Makes sense on the lining up part.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SittyDown said:

@Wheeler are you still liking the WideOpen unit? I am considering one for my Rubicon...

Yes sir!! Like Fish said.. best mod u can do to a full time 4x4 machine!!

• Like 3

@jeepwm69 mine will go in & out without rolling, but that should make it easier. Make sure u spray a lube inside so the ball bearings don’t rust & move freely!!

• Like 3