TRX Student

Mobile Phone Compatible?

On the other forums I remember folks talking about using something called tapatalk, or something. I was just wondering if there is an app people are using with this forum that makes posting and adding pictures easy...

I dont think we are getting tapatalk. They require all of us to hand over alot of information and lose alot of our privacy. Last i heard atleast. It may change. But i use the forum with my phone with zero issue. It uploades photos easy as pie. Just click the link next to the paperclip and choose the file off your phones files. It loads in about 5 seconds or so and your done.

1 minute ago, SlammedRanger said:

I dont think we are getting tapatalk. They require all of us to hand over alot of imformation and lose alot of our privacy. Last i heard atleast. It may change. But i use the forum with my phone with zero issue. It uploades photos easy as pie. Just click the link next to the paperclip and choose the file off your phones files. It loads in about 5 seconds or so and your done.

Cool, I haven't tried loading anything yet, was just curious, thanks

I have no issues navigating and posting from my mobile. We are suppose to get updated versions in the future that will make it even more mobile friendly.

Yes retro mentioned he was concerned over what Tapatalk requires and our privacy.  I think he mentioned a few weeks ago there may be something similar in an upcoming update to the website....maybe he will clarify for you...

The mobile version of the site is OK I’ve been using it a lot. But still Tapatalk is a lot quicker to access. I’m slowly getting used to using the browser on my phone to access the site though. 

• Like 1

Im glad to see @Mac102004 is adjusting. You were one of our main concerns when it comes to tapatalk lol. We know you used it on the other place all the time. I think it was you and @m_quick we were really debating over caving to the demands of tapa. Glad we didnt so far atleast.

• Haha 1

There are some features I think I'd miss when using Tapatalk. I think the rating system you'd probably loose most of that through Tapatalk, there are a few other things. But I think I'll make do for now, it's not nearly as clunky and awkward as some mobile forums. I will say though that the addition of stickies, even though there is only 2, is a bit annoying.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mac102004 said:

There are some features I think I'd miss when using Tapatalk. I think the rating system you'd probably loose most of that through Tapatalk, there are a few other things. But I think I'll make do for now, it's not nearly as clunky and awkward as some mobile forums. I will say though that the addition of stickies, even though there is only 2, is a bit annoying.

I was 100% thinking the samething. I will be having a conversation with retro about that later.

• Thanks 1

I had to switch to the view you guys are using. I didn't notice the stickies using the view I was. We'll get that fixed or at least down to just 1 to pass by for the time being. 

As mentioned Tapatalk is not ever gonna be an option for us. Its just way too intrusive and disrespectful of members private data bits. Its disgusting actually.... its buggy crap software that only partially works. It would make extra work for us working around their bugs to keep the site running. And we have no control of any part of it once it is installed. We are spending extra money on providing a high perf optimized, bug-free and reliable stack. We don't host any parasites. Their software would destroy those efforts. I'm doing my best not to cuss about Tapatalk. Bottom line, NOPE! Not ever!

As some of you have noticed our software is a 100% Responsive design. It serves mobile devices better than any other package without omitting useful features. And it does all of that well without sacrificing too much speed. The days of clunky mobile non-compliant software are behind us. Softwares like Tapatalk are simply not necessary and certainly not useful anymore. We have moved past those dark days.

Apple mobile products have been the reason why we continue to suffer from a lack of push notifications. They STILL refuse to support push in their devices after many years of push capabilities being standard tech on other devices. The industry is just now, FINALLY telling Apple to shove it and we are beginning to move forward without them.

So... the next version of this software (4.5) will feature both Android AND Apple Native Apps that provide push notifications for everyone. Apple cannot block that app. They have been kicked to the curb. We're all sick and tired of their control freak personality, their antique browsers and their knuckle-dragging. They'll either run to catch up with modern tech now, or they will be left behind. I am celebrating!

The version 4.5 software update release date has not been published yet. But Invision have begun to publish "have you seen" teaser articles about the new features that will be standard in this next major version. So we can probably expect a release within a couple months, maybe less.

Here are a few of their v4.5 teasers:

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/invision-community-apps-for-ios-android-r1161

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/45-your-new-admin-control-panel-r1169

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/45-club-pages-r1170

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/45-rss-feed-improvements-r1171

I am looking forward to this next release because the current version is holding us up on improving the speeds of our backoffice stack. Invision 4.4.x is not compatible with Elastic Search 7.x and PHP-FPM 7.4 while 4.5 is... so we're gonna gain another 2-3% speed increase once the new platform is optimized. Soon after that we will be upgrading to a Centos 8.x (from 7.7) based stack which will provide us with an even faster platform. We gotta be patient.

• Thanks 1

Sounds good Retro. Too bad about tapatalk but that doesn’t surprise me much. All these social media related companies all seen the same. To be honest Tapatalk was better years ago too, functionally it’s still similar but some things have changed. I wonder if it’s changed hands over the years, the original creators may have passed it on to some bigger corporate company somewhere along the line. Who knows. 

You'll talking about Tapatalk , I use  it a lot on e-mails , text , searches , etc ---- from reading between the lines I have a question :  does it make you more vulnerable to being hacked or such by doing by using Tapatalk  ? 

what is funny is , when using tap to talk , it will come up with some of the weirdest interpretations of what you actually said , if I ever hit the send button without reading what it typed first I could get in trouble or maybe divorced , LOL 

58 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

You'll talking about Tapatalk , I use  it a lot on e-mails , text , searches , etc ---- from reading between the lines I have a question :  does it make you more vulnerable to being hacked or such by doing by using Tapatalk  ? 

what is funny is , when using tap to talk , it will come up with some of the weirdest interpretations of what you actually said , if I ever hit the send button without reading what it typed first I could get in trouble or maybe divorced , LOL 

Tapatalk is simply an app that you use to browse the forum, it’s not tap to talk lol you don’t dictate wha you want to write haha. Here is some screenshots of HAF on their app. 

C15F392F-65AF-4F31-86D2-A81E4B201363.png

FB4550C8-12A6-449C-B921-056BE33BE1D4.png

C1F59FFC-3EB4-46C6-AA2D-A58BA6E238D6.png

83BDCF0B-C616-4FC6-A1E0-ABE2FF3CABE7.png

• Like 1

Tapatalk was gonna put ads up in front of users too. They insisted that we pay them to remove the ads. Thing is, they wanted $10 for one part, $5 for another, $10 for another, $5 again for something else... the monthly costs kept rising as I ticked off their intrusions. Mind you, its not the money and never was... if they were providing something of value in return for $35 a month...? But they do not and cannot increase value on an already mobiles-optimized Responsive design.

In spite of all that I almost pulled the trigger anyway. But there was no way to prevent them from downloading and storing all of our members private personal data onto their servers. They were taking everything from us, the AdminCP, the ModCP, every members PMs would be included, even members that do not use Tapatalk would have been victimized. That was the last straw. I deleted the account.

• Like 1

Topics have been unpinned so you shouldn't have that issue anymore. We added links to the menu to replace the pinned topics for the time being.

• Thanks 1

Shows you how much I know about Tapatalk , I thought it was hands free text messaging , LOL 

On 12/5/2019 at 6:38 PM, SlammedRanger said:

Im glad to see @Mac102004 is adjusting. You were one of our main concerns when it comes to tapatalk lol. We know you used it on the other place all the time. I think it was you and @m_quick we were really debating over caving to the demands of tapa. Glad we didnt so far atleast.

I do still like the tapatalk app. I have add blocker on my cell, so I've never seen the annoying adds. It's just easier for me to navigate. Another site I was on, kicked it awhile back. So I just don't visit the site until on my desktop.

Thanks guy, I have zero issues with the new site. Glad for the conversation. I'm really impressed with the desktop layout. Awesome stuff.

• Like 2

Taptotalk be like de morse code thing , eh , you tap de phone and it makes de letters , LOL 

On 12/17/2019 at 1:15 PM, Fishfiles said:
View Comments
Comments are available for this post.

Taptotalk be like de morse code thing , eh , you tap de phone and it makes de letters , LOL 

Actually you can just tap the microphone icon, and then use speech to text.