_Wilson_™

land / property owners

2 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

We only have 5 acres but it's surrounded by hundreds.   Only one instance in the 13 years.  Two Amish that when confronted said there were no sign so it was OK to trespass.   WRONG!  

i wouldn't mind the Amish passing through, what I've had to deal with in past was trailer park trash, ignoring my signs and painted trees, camping, and dumping trash around.they,  burned a tobbacco barn, and pony express station ( proven) my grandmother had restored near the cave fed spring branch. Dave had a bad habit of heading over when ever he liked, but not anymore, sence i learned him, and his wife are sue happy people, and his questionable disability ... , and last i learned was he slipped in a hotel bath tub, and his wife was all up in the air about suing the hotel, Dave himself, told me he talked her out it, but the hotel offered them a free room, for there next visit, so NO! he's not allowed on my land, nor any of the neighbors land. 

image.jpg

Most here are respectful of others in general.   That's what you usually find when an hour from any big city.  There are a few that ruin it for others.  Hint to those types:  It's not that hard to narrow down whose ATV or SxS it was that does the damage and word gets around fast who to watch out for.   Trail cams are a handy little device.

it's the new comers here (a few) that have moved in, they don't have any respect for property, or privately owned land, which, i figure most land owners deal with, or have delt with in the past, i can recall when atv riders, chose to ride on this land many years ago, before it was expanded, to more land, they made a mess for a while till ít stopped, now i dont allow any atvs, or utvs (except for dennis and those who pay for hunting) are allowed, and no one from the trailer park is allowed, except mrs smith, whom lives right next to the property line, and calls me anytime anyone crosses over, or does target shooting, last deal was when my father had cattle on a defrent farm, that also backed the park, and LE was called out. sence then, the idiot has moved, thank goodness, because he was always drunk, while shooting. even the members of the park wanted him gone. 

• Like 1

we upgraded the one cabled area where the locals keep coming through..made it too much of a hassle for them to tear it apart..but what really turned them back was they spotted one of 3 trail cams pointed at that spot to catch them in the act..it was funny to see them back/moon walk in hopes that we didn't have their faces..but got good views of 3 of them...coming in this week are a pair of the coveted Reveal Tacticam cell units...this will add , hopefully, better alerting for activity way back there.. the wife has talked to the sherif's office and they said that they would come out... I doubt it, but we will call and see what response looks like...it may still come down to an in person encounter at some point to properly explain how serious we are about trespassers.

here's the latest duffuses...yeah, two of them are obviously brothers..but in this instance, they stopped before they messed up the cable fence when they spotted the camera..the fresh signs, the overbuilt cable/fence and the cameras all let them know that we are actively watching and we really do mean 'no'

you can hear one of them talking...about how he thinks easements are for his public enjoyment..not that it matters if he was right, which he isn't cause they also come off the easement and ride on our trails..so they know dang well they are abusing even what they think is legal.. I'm going to print the law on a lamenated signg I guess...it's their ignorance and I shouldn't have to have them arrested after the fact just cause they think they are smarter...but the code is clear and I know the county commissioner who introduced it originally for this very kind of thing that was happening on his property.

Tpass3.jpg

Tpass2.jpg

Tpass1.jpg

neighbors dale and Stacy had an un welcomed guest yesterday morning, someone had noticed dales new mower, and also new he travels all the time, with Stacy, also being away, at her parents house, (not far away) so they pulled up in his drive, and didnt know dale was home, but had his car in the shop, and Stacy was away in the other, dale was woken up by the motion lights ... and called the MCSD, Lucky they got there in time blocked the truck in, did a walm around, his place, and the neighborhood,  but the guy / guys ran off, nothing stolen, so now we have some crimminals scoping out the neighborhood, when i talked to dale about getting a gun, he never was in for the idea, but after i had a visit with him later that day, his mindset now, is it might not be such a bad idea, one things forsure, neighbors here, will  be watching closer, i haven't talked to ken, to find out if his security camra system picked up anything, nor did the MCSD visit with him, when they talked to me, i told them, i didn't hear, or see anything at that hour, but wished i had. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

neighbors dale and Stacy had an un welcomed guest yesterday morning, someone had noticed dales new mower, and also new he travels all the time, with Stacy, also being away, at her parents house, (not far away) so they pulled up in his drive, and didnt know dale was home, but had his car in the shop, and Stacy was away in the other, dale was woken up by the motion lights ... and called the MCSD, Lucky they got there in time blocked the truck in, did a walm around, his place, and the neighborhood,  but the guy / guys ran off, nothing stolen, so now we have some crimminals scoping out the neighborhood, when i talked to dale about getting a gun, he never was in for the idea, but after i had a visit with him later that day, his mindset now, is it might not be such a bad idea, one things forsure, neighbors here, will  be watching closer, i haven't talked to ken, to find out if his security camra system picked up anything, nor did the MCSD visit with him, when they talked to me, i told them, i didn't hear, or see anything at that hour, but wished i had. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

So they got the scumbag's truck? 

After my wheels and tires got swiped I took @oh400ex's advice and got some cameras from Wyze.  They are fairly cheap, and work off of wifi OR an SD card.  Luckily all of mine are within Wifi range so even if someone steals the camera, their pics will be saved to the cloud. 

Got the one on my shop wired up yesterday.  All you need is a regular outlet to plug them into, and either wifi or an SD card.   You can set them to alert you whenever there is motion, or sound, or either/both.  Mine records the mailman every day, wife and kids and I coming and going, and even the stray dog that wanders up every once and while. 

Here's the pic from my shop cam.  That's covers 4 ATV's and the shop door.  I have another on the way to install on the back of the shop that will also cover the ATV's on the far left of this pic, and also cover my boat, trailer, and a several of my "projects"

shopcam.jpg

• Like 1

yup got sti ky fingers truck, question is, was the truck also stolen ? that we may never know, dale describeb the truck, tan ford extended cab, he's not very mechanical, so that the best he could could say, well besides deep tinted windows, he did t even hear the truck pull up to his gate, the odd thing is, the brand new mower is about all he has stored, but he's always out using it, i know he has a yard trailer and small lift jack he got with the purchase, I've put two brand new blades on it last year due to stumps which i also sawed off, dale and his wife are about the nicest people i know close by,   close by, even gave me some wood to burn, and this (pic) is dale, first day i took the wood splitter over, so, i would love to have got my hands on those scum bags, dales not the brutal type, just an all around nice guy. 

hes the tall guy in black, his wife took the pic. 

image.jpg

50 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

So they got the scumbag's truck? 

After my wheels and tires got swiped I took @oh400ex's advice and got some cameras from Wyze.  They are fairly cheap, and work off of wifi OR an SD card.  Luckily all of mine are within Wifi range so even if someone steals the camera, their pics will be saved to the cloud. 

Got the one on my shop wired up yesterday.  All you need is a regular outlet to plug them into, and either wifi or an SD card.   You can set them to alert you whenever there is motion, or sound, or either/both.  Mine records the mailman every day, wife and kids and I coming and going, and even the stray dog that wanders up every once and while. 

Here's the pic from my shop cam.  That's covers 4 ATV's and the shop door.  I have another on the way to install on the back of the shop that will also cover the ATV's on the far left of this pic, and also cover my boat, trailer, and a several of my "projects"

shopcam.jpg

I'll second the wyze cams. We originally got ours just to see what the dog did while we were out.  The ability to have two way sound is nice as is the ability to get notifications on the phone.  Slick little setups, they are.

On February 28, 2021 at 8:52 AM, 56Sierra said:

Most here are respectful of others in general.   That's what you usually find when an hour from any big city.  There are a few that ruin it for others.  Hint to those types:  It's not that hard to narrow down whose ATV or SxS it was that does the damage and word gets around fast who to watch out for.   Trail cams are a handy little device.

i don't live but about 20 minutes -+ away from the city, but that's not the issue, it's those who come out, and figure they can score on people in the country, but don't reliize we (more to loose) might be an easy target, NOPE! with fewer people out here, we have formed close net as neighbors, i myself don't have a camra system (just a live vox audio system) YET, but ken (to the right of my front lot does have a camra system) mrs smith (watches the back side of my place) Derek (right side on my place) Dave (to the north) plus the people i sold my hunting rights to, have trail camras all over the place, and  are always on the look out year round, so, I'm pretty well covered, but this idiot / idiots ... came out in the cold, and had been (apparently) scoping dales place for some time, why, i haven't figured out yet. he is well to do, does have nice cars, and a large stand of trees, and growth just in front of his house, which would make for a good place to hide, the last deal we had here, was right around Christmas a few years back, when someone ran through Dave's carport, and his daughter happened to see them, hopped in her car, and gave chase, Dave called me on the walkie, told me what happened, and he, and i both were out locked and loaded, with spot lights, never did see a thing, but his daughter caught the guy around hopewell church, got in a mint green satern, and took off, but she never did catch up, or get close enough to get a tag number, long story short, that car was spotted many times riding the roads around here, but never (to my knowledge) pulled a stunt like that again. 

Mint green Saturn.   Stupid choice of a getaway car.  Pink '63 Caddy is about the only thing I can think of that might be worst.🙄

My home is semi secure for a few reasons.  You can't see it from any road, the drive leading up here is obscured by trees and a curve, there's only one way in or out, cameras all over and a big dog.   The sign half way up the drive that says, "If you can read this you are in range" is just for added measure.

• Like 1

you know, i was thinking the samething, mint green, wth ??, lol. but did you ever know a smart crimminal ? my bet would be mind altering substance, or the need for it. i don't think they / he really meant it as a get away car, but when he passed through Dave's car port, it was a matter of time before the MCSD would be called, and a car / truck, parked at hopewell church at those hours would have been checked out, so yeah, he / they had to get gone. 

• Like 1

heard from dale, along with my buddy at the MCSD .... they ended up catching the guy, right around the road, seems he had scoped out the whole area, this time, he was busted driving another completely defrent vehicle, turns out the tan ford was indeed stolen, this time he was in his mothers car, they also  had tips from someone (didnt say who) he was out, and looking around this area, and has a long history of drug abuse, and petty theft, but this time MCSD , was out looking, and happened to come up on a car parked on the side of the road, late at night,  so, details are, they backed off, and waited, after a short time, the car lights came on, and they made there move, he was busted for a couple of chainsaws, that belonged to a neighbor, who came out, when he saw the commotion, and verified they were indeed his, stolen from inside his closed locked garage, Tim told me he's been in out of jail, so more then likely, just a slap on wrist, and he'll be back out on the streets. 

• Like 1

received and mounted the first of our new Tacticam Reveal cellular trail cams today..so far it's working very well, pictures look great...cell signal strength is much stronger than my actual phone out there in the sticks...I've run by it several times on my fourtrax and it's got me...and just a few mins ago it triggered on a deer...so I know it's working well.

course the deer will keep it very busy... I've got it set to sleep from 11:30pm til 8am...cause i don't want alerts going off all night...our current "herd" is a dozen strong and they keep all my trail cams busy out here.

I'm going to run out back later tonight and see how the IR is working.. it's mounted right at 18ft up in a tree and I'm asking it to trigger and photo about 45-65 ft out and it's doing well..the IR flash is supposed to shoot 90+...so we'll see in a couple hours what that actually translates to in real life.

• Like 3

and just a note...these are screen shots from my iphone..these are just the small app pics that we get with the alert...the camera is also recording full pics and HD video on SD card... we are pleased with it so far.  cameras is 18ft up on  a tree...shooting 40-65 feet out.

tacticam pic1-day.png

tacticam pi3-night.png

tacticam pic2-night.png

• Like 2