Mr. Brian

Got a scare yesterday.

Took my Foreman 500 ES out to bring a couple 55 gallon drums of corn out to the hog trap. Got about 1/2 mile in and saw smoke voming from between my legs. The power cable for my winch came loose and layed on the exhaust. EVERYTHING electric quit even the motor. After fiddling around and discovering that the motor would start with the rope and I could get it into first gear by hand, I was able to get the corn out to the trap and head back the mile or so ride to the truck in 1st gear.

Got home and checked it out. Only real damage beyond the power lead for the winch was the battery. 

Can't help but feel lucky today.

Screenshot_20201114-231410.jpg

Edited by Mr. Brian
  • Like 5

You got lucky.  @basfnb had a wire from battery + to winch contactor ground out and melted every bit of insulation off the wire before he could yank it off.

Glad it didn't do any permanent damage

Mr Brian , glad you didn't melt down ---- check out this big daddy hanging out   over here by me 

fullsizeoutput_d98.jpeg

• Like 3

glad for a better outcome that it could have been, maybe those rodents have been at work on It again ? 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Lucky the electric arc didn't blow a hole in the exhaust ----- my friend didn't strap down his battery in his boat  , the battery flipped over and the post contacted the aluminum floor and arced a hole in the bottom of the boat 

• Like 2