CamKnouff

Honda Generator

I have an old EM 5000 SX generator and it seems to need some carb work.  I was looking for a carb kit, thought Shindy but see they do not deal with generators only ATV etc.  Any suggestions for where to get a carb kit for this?  Thanks

Are you sure it needs a "kit"?  Oh the Honda generators I've had I could just take them apart and clean them and reassemble.  OEM parts are available, but of course, pricey.

I'd try just cleaning and see how it goes.  If you need rubber/gaskets, you could order only what you need and get OEM.

https://www.hondapartsnation.com/oemparts/a/hpe/505ce5e2f870022d24bdde4f/carburetor

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Thanks, that's an idea,  It's has been sitting for a long time, not 10 years but should be close.  I took it off and cleaned it as best I could, it will run but needs a shot of starter fluid to get going.  Just trying to do it right once (will be twice now), hopefully not a whole bunch of times.  Have not soaked it in chem dip yet, though have a gallon can, would all plastic need to be removed for that, I do have an o-ring kit and have replaced one.  Was just hoping to get lucky-didn't happen, oh well.

She will be soaked, I have the Berrymans Chemos dip.  Never needed a generator before, had nothing electric, lived off a battery, 

charged at neighbours.  Life has changed as I finish building this house.

• Like 4

don't know about the other honda models, but my decade old inverter model has long been noted on forums as having super sensitive carbs (small jets, etc)  more than once I've gotten into a couple of my honda engines with guitar strings as "pipe cleaners" into the jet ports...

lesson learned recently...I thought my carb was in trouble on my lil honda eu2000..even ordered a chinese replacement..turned out the fuel line had a crack and was sucking air instead of gas...so try the simple stuff first.

• Like 1

ya can make your own paper gaskets., i've reused gaskets and not had problems, other times i did.