Fishfiles

96 TRX300A Re-restoration

I went to use the yard dog and spray Round Up , she had a dead battery and was on the Battery Tender Jr , so I put it on a charger and it started one time , ran and when I killed it and tried to restart  then low voltage , it had a AutoZone battery in it , that was pretty old ,  so I went and got a new Duracell for it and a new Duracell battery tender , installed and sprayed 15 gallons of weed killer , did wear the face mask respiratory , washed the bike , my clothes and took a shower after ---- the sprayer works well , saved me a lot of time and back ache 

I need to by-pass the reverse lock out before I do it again 

XtVhzlrCR8W3Xa2gZyUyJg.jpg

• Like 2

I went to use this Green 96 300 2wd yesterday , to spray roundup , it sat for at least 5 weeks , it did have non ethanal fuel and Sea Foam in the tank , didn't turn the petcock off last time , that was a mistake , it didn't want to start , when I opened the drain screw on the bottom of the carb no fuel came out , after banging on the carb bowl , fuel started coming out , so I figure the float valve was stuck shut , also the choke plunger is still stuck solid ,  got it running and the rear brake foot lever was sticking and the rear brakes were dragging  , had to free that up and after spraying the first 15 gallons of Round Up , I let it sit for a while as I took a break to cool off and when I came back , the carb was over flowing all over the ground , added 1/2 bottle of Sea Foam started it up , ran it hard up and down the street and sprayed another 15 gallons of RoundUp , this time I watched it after turning it off and the carb didn't over flow , turned the petcock off and ran it out of fuel when I parked it  ----    moral is you can't let them sit with fuel in the carb , especially when the temps are in the 90s 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I went to use this Green 96 300 2wd yesterday , to spray roundup , it sat for at least 5 weeks , it did have non ethanal fuel and Sea Foam in the tank , didn't turn the petcock off last time , that was a mistake , it didn't want to start , when I opened the drain screw on the bottom of the carb no fuel came out , after banging on the carb bowl , fuel started coming out , so I figure the float valve was stuck shut , also the choke plunger is still stuck solid ,  got it running and the rear brake foot lever was sticking and the rear brakes were dragging  , had to free that up and after spraying the first 15 gallons of Round Up , I let it sit for a while as I took a break to cool off and when I came back , the carb was over flowing all over the ground , added 1/2 bottle of Sea Foam started it up , ran it hard up and down the street and sprayed another 15 gallons of RoundUp , this time I watched it after turning it off and the carb didn't over flow , turned the petcock off and ran it out of fuel when I parked it  ----    moral is you can let them sit with fuel in the carb , especially when the temps are in the 90s 

You can let them sit or can't let then sit?

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 11:01 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

two likes one for each hoof making contact with an urban cowboy, haha! that's one smart horse! 

That gotta hurt..

52 minutes ago, SparkyMark said:

You can let them sit or can't let then sit?

Thanks for bringing that to my attention , fixed it ,  should have read  " CAN'T " 

17 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Thanks for bringing that to my attention , fixed it ,  should have read  " CAN'T " 

I kind of figured 🙂

On 6/11/2021 at 5:57 PM, Fishfiles said:

I went to use this Green 96 300 2wd yesterday , to spray roundup , it sat for at least 5 weeks , it did have non ethanal fuel and Sea Foam in the tank , didn't turn the petcock off last time , that was a mistake , it didn't want to start , when I opened the drain screw on the bottom of the carb no fuel came out , after banging on the carb bowl , fuel started coming out , so I figure the float valve was stuck shut , also the choke plunger is still stuck solid ,  got it running and the rear brake foot lever was sticking and the rear brakes were dragging  , had to free that up and after spraying the first 15 gallons of Round Up , I let it sit for a while as I took a break to cool off and when I came back , the carb was over flowing all over the ground , added 1/2 bottle of Sea Foam started it up , ran it hard up and down the street and sprayed another 15 gallons of RoundUp , this time I watched it after turning it off and the carb didn't over flow , turned the petcock off and ran it out of fuel when I parked it  ----    moral is you can't let them sit with fuel in the carb , especially when the temps are in the 90s 

The kid's 300 does the same thing.  She doesn't ride it much, so last time I took it out, had trouble starting it, and once it was going it peed gas all over the place......

• Like 1

Yard Dog 

Had a nice front bumper  laying around for a while now , got tired of tripping over it ,  so yesterday evening started changing it , the front rack was pushed back so straightened it out and started sanding it for some paint , then the lights were in bad shape , looked around and found 2 pods that are brand new and need a home , not the best fit , but for a free quickie  it will work , the original lights were toast , had to drill out the screws --- going to dig up some acorn nuts where the studs of the lights go thru the ender and with the rack you'll never see them 

Another thing I have to fix during this pit stop is , the master cylinder  plunger got stuck in over the weekend , this 2wd has disc conversion in it , I dug up a 250 Fourtrax master cylinder  yesterday for it , the 250 has a bigger reservoir , it has a stripped bolt in the cover , think I can fix that 

fullsizeoutput_ef2.jpeg

I%ZfzasHRbKBI1yBqhq9aQ.jpg

y7h2gl5RQYG%kWU1bV4jQA.jpg

fullsizeoutput_ef4.jpeg

wsxrF3H%Rm21u3HRwBul6A.jpg

fullsizeoutput_ef1.jpeg

• Like 2

It looks a lot better now , new front  bumper , straightened and paint front rack , 2 LED pods in place of the  stock lights 

Didn't deal with the brake master cylinder sticking plunger  yet and a hand shifter is on the list of things to do 

6r2LStBMSbqBVpHtloG1iw.jpg

c+RPfZGpQhGa2fcIbEfJig.jpg

lpc6GfTqRhimUyCLXECt1A.jpg

• Like 1