BlueSparrow

Opinions on Cfmoto?

1 hour ago, BlueSparrow said:

Does anyone have any experience with Cfmoto ATVs? 

What do people think of them?

https://cfmotousa.com/

Worse than trash

One positive about them?... something nice to say?...

The dealers get good mark-up! 😅

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

Worse than trash

One positive about them?... something nice to say?...

The dealers get good mark-up! 😅

One thing I have often wondered is what kind of mark up deals get from ATVs in general?

How much does a dealer get a 4WD Fourtrax or Foreman for even though they buy in bulk?

Cfmoto dealers must get a really high mark up.

The lowest range 4wd Cfmoto, the CFORCE 450 is £5k (6.6k USD) in the UK, the lowest range 4wd Honda Fourtrax is £7k ($9.3k USD).

But many people say Cfmotos have very little resale value and Honda a large resale value, so you are much better buying a cheap Honda.

• Like 1

If you are price conscious do not buy a new ATV of any brand.

Used is better value. You have to take your time. Low mileage used Honda is practically new.

Gonna beat the "No ES/Hondamatic" drum one more time and say don't get an ES model even if it's cheaper.

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1

My brother in law just bought a 2009 TRX 420, for $3,200. Very clean, power steering, electric shift, 2wd, very nice wheels and tires. I'd do that any day over a new chinese wheeler for the same price.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Misterclean said:

My brother in law just bought a 2009 TRX 420, for $3,200. Very clean, power steering, electric shift, 2wd, very nice wheels and tires. I'd do that any day over a new chinese wheeler for the same price.

MC , you know this is a older thread , but I am with you , I know a few people bought into CFM , all were disasters ---electrical melt down , running hot and melting the plastics , catching on fire ----  junk 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

MC , you know this is a older thread , but I am with you , I know a few people bought into CFM , all were disasters ---electrical melt down , running hot and melting the plastics , catching on fire ----  junk 

LOL, didn't see the post date. I am getting caught up on this site. I haven't been here much because all the covid talk mixed up with dooms days predictions turned me off quite a bit. I'm very conservative but I've learned to not get scared and allow the worst case scenarios get in my head. They did several times thru the decades and I've learned one thing.......most if not all the bad predictions are just plain false.........it gives me a stomach ache to hear my conservative friends get all worked up. Sorry for venting but I felt it needed to be said.

• Like 6

I'm guilty of that @Misterclean, but every time I do it, it ends up being a big nothingburger.

I'm trying to just relax and live my life, and stay prepared as best as I can for whatever comes. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I'm guilty of that @Misterclean, but every time I do it, it ends up being a big nothingburger.

I'm trying to just relax and live my life, and stay prepared as best as I can for whatever comes. 

I appreciate your cander Jeep. Me too, just not this time. LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spock said:

They may be junk alright, I don't know much about them. It's interesting that they are now in partnership with KTM so they can't be all that bad....

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/news/who-is-cfmoto-exactly/33139/

Maybe now that they are partners ,  the will be only 1/2 junk , they were 100% junk before 

CFMoto "seem" to have a lot of gadgets and gimmicks - probably to compensate for a lack of quality and poor reliability. But that's just my opinion having seen them close up. But I've not ridden one.