ChadD

2001 400ex ball joints

Just recently bought a very used 01 400ex and i have blown it completely apart to paint the frame and just all around check every seal and bearing and try to fix some of the stuff that has been rigged. From what I understand the A-arm ball joints are not a serviceable item. I have seen the mod to cut the ends off then drill and tap and put a car tie rod end to act as a ball joint. I was just wanting to get you guys opinions before i start cutting something up that i may not need to. Thanks, Chad. 

Aside from buying brandnew oem a-arms. Or going with an aftermarket set-up. Price wise the cheapest option is cut/drill and put s10 tie rod ends on it. All the good aftermarket a-arm brands out there use a replaceable ball joint with the identical design. Just make sure you put a nut on both ends so you will need to find a reverse threaded nut with same thread pitch and size. The only other option would be buying used off ebay or something and being that the 400ex hasnt been in production since 2014 i would imagine almost any used one is gunna be blown out.

• Like 1