Fishfiles

Fish

22 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I seen 122mph , bet it can do more 

The one thing I really wanted to see in that video didn't happen.   That pink hat get blown off his head.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

The one thing I really wanted to see in that video didn't happen.   That pink hat get blown off his head.

The thing that got me , was the guy with the pink hats' dad , sitting on the arm rest of the seat driving 100 mph , not very safe , figure if you got the money to buy a boat like that and your a shorty, you could drop a few more bucks on some seat work to get you up and looking over the dashboard 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 6:54 AM, Fishfiles said:

The thing that got me , was the guy with the pink hats' dad , sitting on the arm rest of the seat driving 100 mph , not very safe , figure if you got the money to buy a boat like that and your a shorty, you could drop a few more bucks on some seat work to get you up and looking over the dashboard 

I used to sit on the seat back of my Dad's boat.  Only it was a Glastron 156 Trihull (heavy) and the motor was a Chrysler 45hp (guttless)

36 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

I used to sit on the seat back of my Dad's boat.  Only it was a Glastron 156 Trihull (heavy) and the motor was a Chrysler 45hp (guttless)

Wow. My grandfather gave me a boat when I was 14.  My first boat.  Never had a truck or drivers license yet. I had to get pulls to the boat launch. But I was captain after it was in the water.     The boat was a 16 foot Glasspar with a 45 Chrysler.  

• Like 2

On 11/19/2022 at 3:58 PM, RubiDan said:

There was a couple that lived in the town nearest me that died in a poker run in 2016.  I didn't know Art McMahan but knew of him.  He also owned a 57 Chevy pro mod drag car.

2 KY women found dead, their husbands missing after GA boating accident (wave3.com)

A couple of years back a guy from here  ,  last name Prince , owned 100+ dump trucks , got killed in a high speed boat crash 

• Sad 1

On November 20, 2022 at 5:28 AM, 56Sierra said:

I was waiting for that as well...... I'd say he got real close..... Sure enough had the seat pucker going on..... Lol!...... And how in the ! Was he able to hold that camra so still at those speeds ?! 

9 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Wow. My grandfather gave me a boat when I was 14.  My first boat.  Never had a truck or drivers license yet. I had to get pulls to the boat launch. But I was captain after it was in the water.     The boat was a 16 foot Glasspar with a 45 Chrysler.  

Our first was a 14' SeaKing with lap sides and mahogany front deck and trim.  The 35 West Bend was a precursor to the Chrysler.  The rig was involved in a bard fire and knowing my Dad, he didn't give much for it   Within a few months we had the bubbled paint and varnish stripped and all spiffed up real nice.  The 35 puked the lower unit the first year and Dad found a 28 hp Elgin at Sears on sale for $199.99 in 1963.  I was so proud to be in that old boat.  We even learned to waterski behind it.  I was about 6 when he brought that old bubbled boat home and my brother one yr older and I did most of the work while Dad worked.

• Like 2

I have so many fond memories about fishing , my Grandfather and  Great Grandfather were Croatian / Slavonian   oyster fisherman , all 13 of my Grandfather's brother and sisters were born at the camp on the water , miles from Buras ,Louisiana , that marsh is 95 % gone today , but that camp still stands ,  my Great Grandfather came to Buras in 1898 and was one of the first fishermen to get motor power in Buras  , at first he fished oysters  by sail and by hand tongs ,  my Grandfather  had a big Biloxi Luger , but his fishing boat was a  wooden boat with 2 wet wells , one for live bait and the other for storing fish live till getting back to the dock  , it was powered by a 33 HP , and it was huge by today's standards ,  you cranked this outboard, by spinning  a knob on top and it would kick back and I can still hear him in my mind today , swearing in Slavonian ,   when it kicked back and hurt his arm , he fished speckled trout like tuna , with a 16 foot Calcutta cane pole and live shrimp , pulled the fish  in and let it hit him in the chest while wearing the bottoms of a rain suit ,  he would make the fish fall right into the live well , as he would file the barb down on the hook , he use to like his bottom on Musk'ca'tell ( spell check that one )  in his back pocket in the winter , use to fish Quarantine Bay by Anderson Point , got there thru Ostrica Locks by Anderson Point 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I was waiting for that as well...... I'd say he got real close..... Sure enough had the seat pucker going on..... Lol!...... And how in the ! Was he able to hold that camra so still at those speeds ?! 

I think I heard the new I-13 has a giro or something that steadies the pics 

• Like 1

Ah..... Thanks... I kinda thought their had to be something that diminished the vibration.... Very impressive twin engine setup...... My hair   Stood on end when he goosed it at the 1st of the video.... Lol! ...... Love that sound / power..... Now.. I don't know jack about boats... Well that kind any ways.. But on the engine, (just one)  did i see two blowers ??  They looked kinda like blowers on the old school detriot diesels... 

9 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

But on the engine, (just one)  did i see two blowers ??  They looked kinda like blowers on the old school detriot diesels... 

There are pulleys on them gizmos >>>  if 'ins I had to guess that boat exceeds 1 million ,  before inflation hit ---- I know  boats that size have a 800-  1,000 gallon fuel tank , doing the poker run on $4 a gallon fuel and getting about  2 gallons per mile , is out my league   ---  love them props 

Ya boy'shat must be so tight it is cutting off circulation to his brain , LOL ^^^^ 

On 11/29/2022 at 5:32 AM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

now this is a t-shirt i need hanging in my closet !..lol.

• Like 1

Those boats are a big naw from me.  I don't want to go over about 45 on the water, and even that's pushing it.

This moran is from Memphis......

I'll link to the good version with commentary. LOL