Fishfiles

Fish

On 12/22/2022 at 5:14 AM, Fishfiles said:

British Angler Catches 67-Pound Fish Aptly Nicknamed “The Carrot”

image.png

goldfish gone wild!!

• Like 2

The video was a mistake and I didn't know how to delete it. Those are all lake trout. Good eating on the grill but my favorite is smoking them. For you jokers, yes they are hard to light. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

At the 7:00 minute mark of this video , a snake is biting on a fish , looks like a common water snake , I can't really tell but it reminded me of this story :

I was fishing perch off the bank , the bow of my pirogue was pulled up on land  , I had a stringer tied to the boat , there were 50-60 perch and bass on the stringer , heard some splashing and  I looked over and seen a big cottonmouth moccasin was clamped down on one of the fish ,with his big diamond shaped head injecting venom , so I grab a stick on the bank and hit him , but didn't kill him he just swam off , so I had doubts about the fish still being good from stories I had heard , I called Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries and they hooked me up with one of  their biologist  , he said , first off , I didn't know which fish was bitten , if I were to stick a fin in my hand or even cut my hand with the knife while cleaning them , I could get poisoned , also   the venom was an amino acid and if the fish was cooked , the venom would still be venom , if ingested and it could be absorbed into your stomach , he say , all the for instances were remote , but he would not take a chance , so I threw the whole stringer away , but if that were to happen and you never noticed , hmmm 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

World Record garfish , out a Mississippi lake , 327 pounds , snagged in a net 

image.png

Local boy just got nabbed by the La. Wildlife and Fisheries , he was running a fishing charter without captain licenses , etc , etc  >>> then he  ripped people off by taking their money and not supplying the service , fraud , refunded a couple of people with checks that bounced , etc , etc , etc , total fines $57,000 so far , plus  more fines to come from  St Bernard  Parish and other Parishes where some of the crimes took place , his 24 ft boat , motor and trailer were also seized and  forfeited --- I'll see if I can find the write up , heard the story  on Bad Boys of the Outdoors on the radio , I heard his boat was a good one , about $100,000 rig , plus the $57K and maybe another few K , I'd say he had a bad day 

29 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Local boy just got nabbed by the La. Wildlife and Fisheries , he was running a fishing charter without captain licenses , etc , etc  >>> then he  ripped people off by taking their money and not supplying the service , fraud , refunded a couple of people with checks that bounced , etc , etc , etc , total fines $57,000 so far , plus  more fines to come from  St Bernard  Parish and other Parishes where some of the crimes took place , his 24 ft boat , motor and trailer were also seized and  forfeited --- I'll see if I can find the write up , heard the story  on Bad Boys of the Outdoors on the radio , I heard his boat was a good one , about $100,000 rig , plus the $57K and maybe another few K , I'd say he had a bad day 

Don't feel sorry for him hope he gets what he deserves.

• Like 1

God bless the lobster fisherman , their livelihood is under attack by Dr Evil and his band 

• Thanks 1

" Bad Boys of the Outdoors " is a Fish and Game segment of a radio program that airs every Saturday morning here in Louisiana -- 

Working off a tip to the Wildlife HotLine " 1-800-Game Theft " , Cyber-Agents of the Wildlife and Fisheries viewed multiple social media videos of a State licensed nuisance animal person , who videoed while with  a youth , who  had no required life preserver on for his age , they were gigging nutrias  ( gigging = harpooning / puncturing the skin with a barbed shaft on a long pole ) , dragging them in and chopping off their tails , then letting them go still alive  , ( there is a monetary bounty on nutria tails as they are a nuisance animal which destroys the levees and marshlands ) , but  the methods to take them are either a .22 rifle or shotgun smaller than 10 gauge with steel shot ---  so contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile , cruelty to animals , illegal methods , etc , etc , etc , etc ,   as of now comes to $27,000 and ten years in prison and forfeiture of equipment forthcoming -----   cruel and stupid come to mind 

I looked for the videos , seems they must have deleted them 

• Like 1

Meet Commercial Bluefin Tuna Fisherman Michelle Bancewicz

Watch Bancewicz catch a massive tuna in an exclusive clip from Wicked Tuna—and read about her unique approach to fishing

image.png