Fishfiles

Fish

I'll have a pack of Marlboro Lights , a Powerball ticket and $3,000 on pump #3 

image.png

• Haha 2

On November 7, 1984, David Deuel set the IGFA All-Tackle and Men’s 24-kg (50 lb) Line Class World Record with this massive red drum. Deuel was surf fishing from the beach in Avon, North Carolina, when the 42.69-kilogram (94-pound, 2-ounce) record fish struck the cut mullet he was using for bait. After a 45-minute fight that took him nearly a mile along the beach, the fish was weighed and measured (57” long with a 38” girth). Deuel's catch of a lifetime still stands nearly 39 years later.

image.png

• Like 1

I had one very similar to this when I was a kid , don't know where it went to 

image.png

13 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I had one very similar to this when I was a kid , don't know where it went to 

image.png

If I were to have had one like that as a kid and misplaced it, the chances are real good it ended up at the bottom of a body of water much like all my guns when I had that unfortunate canoe accident. 

• Haha 3

'Weights in fish' fishermen sentenced to 10 days in jail, required to forfeit boat 

Jacob Runyan, 43, and Chase Cominsky, 36, were caught after fishing in the Lake Erie Walleye Trail tournament last September. The duo had drawn some suspicion throughout the prior months for their unexpectedly bountiful run of heavy fish in previous tournaments. Among their winnings was the fishing boat used during the tournament, a boat with an estimated worth of $130,000.

When they brought their catch in to be weighed, the Lake Erie Walleye Trail tournament director noticed that the fish appeared to weigh much more than fish of that size ought to weigh. He cut open the fish, and as filets and lead weights spilled out, the official called out, "We got weights in fish!"

In all, 10 weights were stuffed inside the walleyes, eight weighing 12 ounces and two weighing eight ounces. Police responded to the scene, and the two were ordered to leave the area. Had they won, they would have taken home a total prize of $28,760.

Soon afterward, the duo was arrested and the boat seized. This past March, both men pleaded guilty to one count of cheating, a felony, and one count of unlawful ownership of wild animals.

In addition to the jail sentence and the forfeiture, the two will be serving 1 1/2 years' probation and will be subject to the maximum fishing license suspension possible.

“I have no doubt that these two crooks cheated in multiple tournaments over the last several years. Unfortunately, we can only hold them accountable for what they did on September 30, 2022,” said Cuyahoga County prosecutor Michael C. O’Malley. “Although these two deserve to have their fishing license suspended for life, the law only allows a maximum of three years. These two should be banned from every fishing tournament for life.”

33 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

'Weights in fish' fishermen sentenced to 10 days in jail, required to forfeit boat 

Jacob Runyan, 43, and Chase Cominsky, 36, were caught after fishing in the Lake Erie Walleye Trail tournament last September. The duo had drawn some suspicion throughout the prior months for their unexpectedly bountiful run of heavy fish in previous tournaments. Among their winnings was the fishing boat used during the tournament, a boat with an estimated worth of $130,000.

When they brought their catch in to be weighed, the Lake Erie Walleye Trail tournament director noticed that the fish appeared to weigh much more than fish of that size ought to weigh. He cut open the fish, and as filets and lead weights spilled out, the official called out, "We got weights in fish!"

In all, 10 weights were stuffed inside the walleyes, eight weighing 12 ounces and two weighing eight ounces. Police responded to the scene, and the two were ordered to leave the area. Had they won, they would have taken home a total prize of $28,760.

Soon afterward, the duo was arrested and the boat seized. This past March, both men pleaded guilty to one count of cheating, a felony, and one count of unlawful ownership of wild animals.

In addition to the jail sentence and the forfeiture, the two will be serving 1 1/2 years' probation and will be subject to the maximum fishing license suspension possible.

“I have no doubt that these two crooks cheated in multiple tournaments over the last several years. Unfortunately, we can only hold them accountable for what they did on September 30, 2022,” said Cuyahoga County prosecutor Michael C. O’Malley. “Although these two deserve to have their fishing license suspended for life, the law only allows a maximum of three years. These two should be banned from every fishing tournament for life.”

10 days in jail is not enough 365 days would have been better.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

That's clearly not me.  My fish are never that big.

• Haha 2

On 5/12/2023 at 7:21 AM, Fishfiles said:

always nice when people like that get caught..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PROV said:

30" walleye I caught today 

IMG_20230513_112410023_HDR.jpg

Nice looking fish.  About 10 pounds ?   Are they good eating ?  Fried or broiled ? 

18 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Nice looking fish.  About 10 pounds ?   Are they good eating ?  Fried or broiled ? 

They are excellent eating. Deep fried is a favorite. You can bake them also. This one is trophy size and I released it. Right about 10# but I didn't weigh it. Most people prefer to eat the 15"-18" fish. 

Edited by PROV
  • Like 1

Prov, that's a nice Walleye were y'all trolling? What lake were y'all fishing on?

I had fried speckle trout (aka spotted sea trout ) and shrimp over the weekend.  My buddy fishes 4 days a week if the weather is right.  The limit on them down here is 25 per person per day.  I like to cut them fillets into small chunks.  The biggest one last week was 5 pounds   Fries so much better when you are fingerling pieces.  

it is a bumper crop of shrimp this year.   I had heard that Casey Russel who has been on Louisiana Law made this catch a couple of weeks back (pic below ) the docks are paying the fisherman $1.25 a pound for 16-20 shrimp.  The stores are selling them for $4.99 to $6.99 a pound.  That ain’t fair. 

walmart is $5 a pound for Chinese shrimp and $8.50 for Louisiana wild caught shrimp.  Those are peeled , deheaded and ready to go.  

768546E9-ED00-4788-9EC6-ACF3079C4132.jpeg

28420A4C-EB6E-4868-9B33-E18630776F52.jpeg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, riverc said:

Prov, that's a nice Walleye were y'all trolling? What lake were y'all fishing on?

Thanks. Fishing on Lake of the Woods in Minnesota close to the Canadian border. Vertical jigging with 1/4oz jig and an emerald shiner minnow in 7' of water. Fish are moving back out of the Rainy River after spawning. If you look at Google maps this is a huge lake. We mostly fish out of Morris Point. I've also fished the Northwest Angle area and most of the eastern Canadian water.

IMG_20230515_204157023.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_20230515_173458262_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220516_190715893.jpg

IMG_20210514_135806386_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Caught these good eating size channel cats using nightcrawlers & raw shrimp this morning.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3