Fish

8 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Don't know what is going on here 

image.png

The fish looks satisfied 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

The fish looks satisfied 

So does she , now that you bring attention to the fact  !!!  

• Haha 1

Fishing has been slow since the cold front came in about 9 days ago but finally started to pick up last night.  Even at nearly low tide I was about to get some small Croakers for bait.  Using 4# test one small fish got real big on me and just pulled my line like I was snagged on a German Uboat.  I figured out what it was when it surfaced.   An Alligator.   About 16-18" spread between eyes and nose bump.  My 4# line was cut clean.  Probably his teeth.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2023 at 12:01 PM, Fishfiles said:

Don't know what is going on here 

image.png

I always wondered how mermaids were made lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, I never heard of this one before : My buddy has land in Mississippi , not always there , has a pond on it and " had " nice catfish in it , so he tried fishing and never got a bite , threw the feed into the water and none came up , use to be like a feeding frenzy , he seen pecan shells all over the place , found out that is how the poachers get the catfish , the pecan shells take the oxygen out the water and the fish float up to the top >>>> ever heard of this method ? 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Wow, I never heard of this one before : My buddy has land in Mississippi , not always there , has a pond on it and " had " nice catfish in it , so he tried fishing and never got a bite , threw the feed into the water and none came up , use to be like a feeding frenzy , he seen pecan shells all over the place , found out that is how the poachers get the catfish , the pecan shells take the oxygen out the water and the fish float up to the top >>>> ever heard of this method ? 

Nope.  Guess it would suffocate all the fish, not just catfish, right? 

2 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Nope.  Guess it would suffocate all the fish, not just catfish, right? 

Don't know ! >>>>>  I think when you got catfish , then you don't have much else in there , as the catfish  eat all the perch and small bass  ---- maybe what it is , is that the catfish will come to the surface and gasp for air , and other fish sink and die on the bottom till they start to decay and  gas up and float up ---- I am new to poaching fish with pecan shells , trying to learn , doubt it is legal , LOL 

I know I hear people say , if the water is clear , there is perch and bass in the pond , if it is dirty then catfish , as they stir  up the bottom 

We've always had Bream, Bass, Catfish, and Crappie in the pond on the farm.  More Bass and Bream than anything, but occasionally we'll get a Cat or Crappie out of there.

• Like 1

Thank goodness for the safety kill lanyard !!! It is a law here as well as a lofe preserver for a tiller operated motor under 70 HP  , LOL 

• Haha 1