Fishfiles

Fish

4 hours ago, Kevron said:

6DE87A5C-75E4-4C5C-BD81-9945B77A349F.jpegMy son caught this 36lb flathead on a trotline a few weeks ago.

!.   Are you sure that wasn't 36 kg?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is a monster catfish 

The flathead catfish grows to a length of 155 cm (61 in) and may weigh up to 55.79 kg (123.0 lb), making it the second-largest North American catfish (after the blue catfish, Ictalurus furcatus). More commonly, adult length is about 15–45 inches (38–114 cm). Its maximum recorded lifespan is 28 years.

Captain -- ironic , if I talk about something it pops up 

image.png

I can't believe this fish os only 12+ pounds , looks bigger , guess it is the way she is holding it out ---- my Dad's buddy ,  our dentist use to fish in Cuba back when it was permitted , they have the biggest bass , Doc had 25 pounders mounted on the walls of his office  

image.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

I built one just like that from plans most likely from Popular Science.  I was still in school when I built it.  A Johnson 9.9 pushing that Pumpkin Seed got your attention.   It was the most unstable boat I've ever been in.  Like skipping a rock across a pond.  On top of that it had a bad habit of allowing water over the transom if you stopped too quick.  Fast?  Oh yeah.  I operated on a lake with a 10HP limit and was told never to bring it back since too many pontoon boat operating old geezers complained about how fast it was.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

Like skipping a rock across a pond.  

Did you ever hear the story behind this music video : MirrorMan by Human League 

" A pebble skips across the face , a dozen times then disappears without a trace , left behind the thrower turns and walks away , a change of mind 

Ya , boy was going for a water speed record on Loch Ness and hit a wave out of nowhere and they never found his body , they say it might have been " Nessy , the Loch Ness Monster " made a wave 

Orcas Sink Another Boat In Europe, And The Behavior Is Spreading

Experts say the phenomenon may have started after a female killer whale had a traumatic encounter with a vessel at sea.

image.png

34 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

Lol looks like my wife she uses a ice cream bucket.

• Haha 1