Fishfiles

Fish

44 minutes ago, 01RUBY500 said:

Busy day on the Detroit River. Only put 5 walleyes in the boat. 

image.jpeg

Wow , weekend warriors by the boat loads 

• Haha 1

It’s like that every year in April as the walleyes from Lake Erie come into the river to spawn. The picture is at the mouth of the river at Lake Erie. We waited in line at the boat launch for an hour. Friday was better, no weekend warriors or tournaments. 

Edited by 01RUBY500
  • Like 1

Seen this license plate yesterday at Home Depot , I want one 

1kVzdoYJS+ivEPrMpJC+LQ.jpg

• Like 3

Got my Whisker Seeker FMJ fitted with a reel and 50lb test mono. Casts really well with a 3 oz sinker; good for those fast currents.

freewheeler isn’t quite what I expected 

0268C6B7-8AD9-4680-B66B-12EF6F660033.jpeg

• Like 3

The wife and I were going to go fishing yesterday morning , when I got up I didn't feel like it so we didn't go , it is tuff going on the weekend with the weekend warriors out there , no respect these days , Lake Ponchartrain is 24 miles wide and about 30 miles long , and if they see you land a fish , they will anchor on top you , the speckled trout have been making the spring fling , easy fishing , 25 per person is the daily limit , my buddies are back at the dock for 10:00 with limits , trout are 2-4 pounds average with some mule mixed in , the state records have come from this spot we were heading to 

@Goober  I don't have a lot of bait casting types of reels , my blue water stuff is bait casters , but I do have a few bait casters like you pic'ed that I use for trolling the big  speckled trout , that is the most productive way to get the big boys ,  I had them pulled out yesterday ready to throw in the boat  , the way we do it is 30 pound mono backing , then tie lead core line to it  , then tie 30 ft of flouro-carbon to the lead core , then a Rattle Trap with the rear treble hook cut off , then tie 4 ft of flouro-carbon to the rear eye of theRattle Trap , tie that to a long shanked hook thru a plastic squid --- lot of rigging , but it is deadly , the lead core gets the line down to the bottom , then you idle along the pilings of the train bridge , I have two 5 gallon buckets tied to ropes that I throw over and drag thru the water like a sea anchor , it slows the boat down just right 

One is a Shakespeare the other Okuma 

wdc89z+wSzqx+YHaLQUkbg.jpg

• Like 3

My Dad taught me how to fish with a cane pole, so anything with a reel is a winch lol. My first fish was a sheepshead on a Pink Lady. I fly fish for trout, bass and panfish; new to spinning rods and baitcasters. 

most of the catfishing I’ve done is for 5-7 lbs channels; we go overnight on a small muddy Missouri trib that runs alongside some ranchland. We bring some big game meat to the landowners.

this WST rod is an ambitious setup for me. More of a big water rod, so I’ll have three smaller rods with 15 lb test. 

I’ve never fished Blue Water, even big water. my friend has a small 16 foot boat we need to take out more often. Hasn’t had it out in 3 years. I started helping him work on it this spring. 

i like your trolling setup Fishfiles! That leadcore will keep your rig on the bottom without needed a big lump that will snag. Do you ever catfish?

half what i know about catfishing i learned from Hannah Barron LOLs 

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

@Goober , that link came up 404 error

I don't target catfish specifically , they come as a by-product ----sometimes they are a nuisance  , in salt and brackish water we have a catfish we call a hard head , not good table fare , and sometimes they are everywhere , eating away your bait , you don't want to see them 

Blue Water is not my favorite fishing , it is adventurous , the fish are big but so are the waves  -----  I do fish both Breton and Mississippi  Sounds , that's 10 miles out , if it kicks up it is not too far a run , as long as that engine stays running  ------  my buddies are traveling 50-100 miles out , 5,000+ ft of water , guess it don't really matter if it's 5ft  or 5,000ft  you can drown in both , one of my buddies got a new boat last year , he has 3 - 400s on back his 41 footer and he lives to fish tuna , wahoo and dolphin , I can't afford to fill it with fuel , he holds 800 gallons  LOL , got another buddy just got a Freeman 42ft Catamaran with 4 -350s on the back , there are a lot of 4 and 5 engine boats around now days , some run the Seven engines , $100,000 each ----  yesterday a 40 ft'er went down and 3 guys were lifted out the water by a Coast Guard helicopter last night

I use to fish with a cane pole for Sheepshead with my Dad of the seawall of Lake Ponchartrain in New Orleans when I was a kid , at night with  Coleman lanterns and live crab for bait  , those cane poles we used  are called Calcutta poles , they are 16 ft long and very heavy duty , caught sharks with them  

Here is a video of the Freeman 47

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=freeman+with+4+engines&docid=607993427328453169&mid=E462D5633D3DE5ABC03EE462D5633D3DE5ABC03E&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

• Like 1

Heading up to Lake of the Woods in the morning for our walleye opener. Have 11 guys through Monday. Four of us staying until the following Sunday. Then I get home, resupply and slap the wife on the rear before I head to a friend's cabin for four days. 5 of us are gonna fish a number of smaller lakes for walleye and crappie. It's a lot of pressure to feed the family but I will persevere. 😉

• Like 6

On 5/9/2021 at 10:19 AM, Fishfiles said:

@Goober , that link came up 404 error

I don't target catfish specifically , they come as a by-product ----sometimes they are a nuisance  , in salt and brackish water we have a catfish we call a hard head , not good table fare , and sometimes they are everywhere , eating away your bait , you don't want to see them 

Blue Water is not my favorite fishing , it is adventurous , the fish are big but so are the waves  -----  I do fish both Breton and Mississippi  Sounds , that's 10 miles out , if it kicks up it is not too far a run , as long as that engine stays running  ------  my buddies are traveling 50-100 miles out , 5,000+ ft of water , guess it don't really matter if it's 5ft  or 5,000ft  you can drown in both , one of my buddies got a new boat last year , he has 3 - 400s on back his 41 footer and he lives to fish tuna , wahoo and dolphin , I can't afford to fill it with fuel , he holds 800 gallons  LOL , got another buddy just got a Freeman 42ft Catamaran with 4 -350s on the back , there are a lot of 4 and 5 engine boats around now days , some run the Seven engines , $100,000 each ----  yesterday a 40 ft'er went down and 3 guys were lifted out the water by a Coast Guard helicopter last night

I use to fish with a cane pole for Sheepshead with my Dad of the seawall of Lake Ponchartrain in New Orleans when I was a kid , at night with  Coleman lanterns and live crab for bait  , those cane poles we used  are called Calcutta poles , they are 16 ft long and very heavy duty , caught sharks with them  

Here is a video of the Freeman 47

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=freeman+with+4+engines&docid=607993427328453169&mid=E462D5633D3DE5ABC03EE462D5633D3DE5ABC03E&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

which link? i got one from the page before that was OK..

5 hours ago, LedFTed said:

which link? i got one from the page before that was OK..

The link that Goober edited out of the post  , I don't think " you " can see it any more 'Ted, I can

I removed this pic of the Catfish Girl cause I didn’t want to violate any copywrite rules. Here she is; got some good info on catfishing 

FB72FCA3-43AF-48D9-BB0E-337C135189D4.jpeg

• Like 3

Pretty relaxing watching his boat cruise the marsh 

Walleye fishing all week on Lake of the Woods.

IMG_20210516_131615573.jpg

IMG_20210515_171356646.jpg

IMG_20210515_202343012.jpg

IMG_20210514_135806386_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

Prince William Sound last Saturday. Biggest halibut is 85 pounds.

Got some cod and rock fish too

20210522_200518.jpg

Edited by Tim-ANC
  • Like 4