Chevymec

WTB: 2005 Foreman 500 S carb...

Where is the best place to buy 1 from? I'm done with this China carb I bought. It has ran rich from the get go. Leaked out the bowl drain.. Tried to go down a wash out to help retrieve a deer this morning and it stalled out every time.  Or if someone has an oem carb that is in good work order let me know. I still have my old one, but the ethanol gas destroyed the bowl and bottom if the carb. 

Shindy 03-048 is the one you want I think. (Do a bit more checking before hitting the button)

Ultrasonic your OEM carb and put that Shindy kit in. Like new again.

Buy an ultrasonic if you don't have one, they aren't too expensive.

China carb is great to get you by while rebuilding OEM but are definitely hit and miss.

Orange ZEP from HD and put that in the cleaner if you don't already have something in mind.

• Like 1

@oh400ex Mine needs more than just a kit. Would need a bowl and I can't remember if the housing was corroded also or not. Ill have to check when I get home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chevymec said:

@oh400ex Mine needs more than just a kit. Would need a bowl and I can't remember if the housing was corroded also or not. Ill have to check when I get home.

I guarantee it doesn't.

Send it to me if it's trash. I will show you lol

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

you might check on ebay for an oem parts carbs,  what was the issue with oem carb to begain with, just the bowl ? then just rebuild it, @Misterclean posted a while back on a fix for the china carbs, so you might check with him. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

you might check on ebay for an oem parts carbs,  what was the issue with oem carb to begain with, just the bowl ? then just rebuild it, @Misterclean posted a while back on a fix for the china carbs, so you might check with him. 

Corrosion inside.  Leaking fuel out the bowl drain. Ran terrible. It has a dynojet kit in it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2020 at 1:26 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

dynojet in the oem carb ? I'm not familure with those ? 

Should of said Jet kit. 

6 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

@1080PowersportsPartsLLC might have one. 

Thanks. I am getting the stock one rebuilt. 

• Like 3