m_quick

Missing 2008 Trx700xx

16 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

thanks M_quick, i saved the pics from the site. do you know the owner, or have anymore details ? 

It was mine! Not sure what other details you want, it was a one of a kind 2yr only quad fully customized with aftermarket parts you can no longer buy most of.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

gotcha .... thanks for editing the post for more information. 

I tried inserting pictures but no luck, but they are on the facebook pages.

i can try and post the pics if you want me to ? 

Edit sending the pics to you via PM. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

posting these pictures (of his missing quad)  for M_Quick at his request.

12 hours ago, m_quick said:

Missing 2008 Trx700xx fully customized, Grim Reaper graphics. Up to a $500 reward depending on condition found or leads to recovery. Last seen in Wayne county West Virginia. Vin# ends 8275

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Man that just makes me angry seeing these quads get stolen. Did you move to west virginia or were you just riding down there bud?

I will keep an eye out and pass along to my friends who are down at hatfields about monthly. Hope they find it and lock up the scum that stole it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SlammedRanger said:

Man that just makes me angry seeing these quads get stolen. Did you move to west virginia or were you just riding down there bud?

I will keep an eye out and pass along to my friends who are down at hatfields about monthly. Hope they find it and lock up the scum that stole it.

No i still live in Ohio. I ride down there a lot with family that lives there. I've never had a problem down there. My one Uncle did have his Rzr stolen but it was by his step son. They all put the word out, and nobody they knew had even seen a 700xx down there before, but knew what they look like and were gonna help look. We went out till 2am looking the night it was gone. Someone my uncles didn't know said they thought they seen it near Cabwaylingo state park. And we spent all day Mon & Tues scouring the area and talking to hunters, since mon was 1st day of gun season there, the woods were full. And to top off the trip on Monday the Rzr I was riding passenger in rolled! Well it 1st went on the passenger side, then the roof, and flopped back down somehow on the drivers side? Driver was okay, i bruised my back and banged up my knee, it's still swelled, but really I'm okay. When we flipped it back on its wheels, the driver and I slide into the mud hole up to our knees!

I’ll post this on the can am commander forum. The mod over there is from Charleston WV. Maybe he or his friends will see it. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, m_quick said:

No i still live in Ohio. I ride down there a lot with family that lives there. I've never had a problem down there. My one Uncle did have his Rzr stolen but it was by his step son. They all put the word out, and nobody they knew had even seen a 700xx down there before, but knew what they look like and were gonna help look. We went out till 2am looking the night it was gone. Someone my uncles didn't know said they thought they seen it near Cabwaylingo state park. And we spent all day Mon & Tues scouring the area and talking to hunters, since mon was 1st day of gun season there, the woods were full. And to top off the trip on Monday the Rzr I was riding passenger in rolled! Well it 1st went on the passenger side, then the roof, and flopped back down somehow on the drivers side? Driver was okay, i bruised my back and banged up my knee, it's still swelled, but really I'm okay. When we flipped it back on its wheels, the driver and I slide into the mud hole up to our knees!

Man that blows. Ive had my fair share of "should have just stayed home" rides. But this is the ultimate bad ride here man. Hope we can get the word out enough and locate it for you bud. I sent the pictures to all my riding group. 3 or 4 of them go the west virginia to ride alot. Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

m-quick , Monday my friend called me , he is a operator for a company that does a lot of house and building demos for the Parrish  , there was a Honda in the garage they were tearing down , this atv was going into the dumpster , he called to ask if i wanted it , I didn't want it as it has no paper work , he said it was a Honda with two cylinder , which I don't think Honda makes any two cylinder atvs , doesn't look like a 350 D which had two pipes from one cylinder , so it must have been a 700XX which I think did have two pipes from one cylinder , but I am not 700xx guy 

what you think , does it look like a 700 in this pic ---- what a shame it went into the dumpster 

IMG_2519.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

you recall this one from the old forums  fish ? i think it was the last stolen atv thread, well the last one i posted to  up until i left. I've contacted him several times, never did find that Honda. i really felt for that guy being he seemed like a good enough fellah, and served  in the military. 

https://www.hondaatvforums.net/threads/stolen-2018-honda-foreman-rubicon-deluxe.117249/#post-1137809

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

That's a 400ex.

Really , he told me it had two exhaust pipes coming out the engine , no size decals , I had him try to locate the CCs on the jug , but he is an operator , LOL ----   might have been a second exhaust just hanging on the side , he only sent me the one pic , told me I had 1 hour to come get it or it was getting crushed by the claw and thrown into the dumpster -----every atv I have comes from someone who gave me a bill of sale with their name and personal information , if they  won't give me their personal info I don't want no part of it 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

Really , he told me it had two exhaust pipes coming out the engine

All 400ex have one exhaust pipe per valve. Two into one.

MjAzNDYzNQ-7fe5f8ad.png

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

you recall this one from the old forums  fish ? i think it was the last stolen atv thread, well the last one i posted to  up until i left. I've contacted him several times, never did find that Honda. i really felt for that guy being he seemed like a good enough fellah, and served  in the military. 

https://www.hondaatvforums.net/threads/stolen-2018-honda-foreman-rubicon-deluxe.117249/#post-1137809

I remember him , wonder if he ever got it back ----- remember my buddy Vic got the Yammy 400 stolen from him , never heard a word on that one ---then Jarrod got his one day old atv stolen and he got it back 30 days later  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oh400ex said:

All 400ex have one exhaust pipe per valve.

Didn't know that , only EX I ever had was a 2006 250EX and believe it or not it got stolen and was recovered , the guy I sold it to actually paid $800 for towing fees , New Orleans administration fees and storage fees to get it back and no charges were pressed on the two that were caught riding it , there was another $800 damages to the atv when recovered and he paid $1,200 for it , so he had $2,800 in to a ragged out 250 as it was part of the street gang in New Orleans for a couple of months , the back rack and end of the muffler was grinded off from riding wheelies on the street 

• Like 2

fish same as the old 350 tanks 4 valve head, unlike the 300 2 valve head  like i have, shades , and Goobers double head exhaust pipes routed into one exhaust tail,  I'm not much of  a sport guy, but slammed could advise on those machines. lol as he's the forums sport honda expert. 

• Like 1

OH400EX is a 400EX guru himself !!!  I take his word that it is a 400EX  I never knew they had two pipes off the head 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I remember him , wonder if he ever got it back.

nah, he never did, i tried to get him to come over here, but, i reckon he's moved on to bigger and better things, you know how some of these guys are they last a while then just up and disappear. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

m-quick , Monday my friend called me , he is a operator for a company that does a lot of house and building demos for the Parrish  , there was a Honda in the garage they were tearing down , this atv was going into the dumpster , he called to ask if i wanted it , I didn't want it as it has no paper work , he said it was a Honda with two cylinder , which I don't think Honda makes any two cylinder atvs , doesn't look like a 350 D which had two pipes from one cylinder , so it must have been a 700XX which I think did have two pipes from one cylinder , but I am not 700xx guy 

what you think , does it look like a 700 in this pic ---- what a shame it went into the dumpster 

IMG_2519.JPG

No that's not a 700xx. looks like straight rear axle. And the 700xx only has one pipe off the motor as well, its a big one but just one. Thanks for looking out!

• Like 2

On 11/25/2020 at 9:58 PM, m_quick said:

Missing 2008 Trx700xx fully customized, Grim Reaper graphics. Up to a $500 reward depending on condition found or leads to recovery. Last seen in Wayne county West Virginia. Vin# ends 8275

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1615337298708141/permalink/2692596054315588/

Remind me Quick you have Elkas on that don't you? Barkers Exhaust? I'm sure the first thing they did was remove the skins, is it  grey front or red? I may not be close but I'll keep an eye out for parts and such since there are many of them floating around. I hope you get it back and in good shape..

Edited by Akunin
  • Like 1

I didn't realize that you were the same guy as the "Trx700xx Blows Up" video

I might be 500 of your views on that video. I have been using that as my go-to example for what an engine that's about to pop sounds like for years.

Totally understand hindsight being 20-20 on the video you can clearly hear the engine noise but in the moment it's a completely different deal. 

Nowadays you would have likely known what to listen for.

Is that the same one that was stolen?