m_quick

Missing 2008 Trx700xx

18 hours ago, Akunin said:

Remind me Quick you have Elkas on that don't you? Barkers Exhaust? I'm sure the first thing they did was remove the skins, is it  grey front or red? I may not be close but I'll keep an eye out for parts and such since there are many of them floating around. I hope you get it back and in good shape..

yes Elkas on all 4 corners and Barkers exhaust. And quad is the blk&gry like my other one. I've been looking but dont see many if any parts like these for sale.

1 hour ago, oh400ex said:

I didn't realize that you were the same guy as the "Trx700xx Blows Up" video

I might be 500 of your views on that video. I have been using that as my go-to example for what an engine that's about to pop sounds like for years.

Totally understand hindsight being 20-20 on the video you can clearly hear the engine noise but in the moment it's a completely different deal. 

Nowadays you would have likely known what to listen for.

Is that the same one that was stolen?

No this is the one that bought in like 2015 used. It had top end Done by EHS racing & Barkers big 3. And I added the rest of the bolt on add ons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i thought @Akunin had one too. very rare, i think you two are the only ones here that have those model sport machines. and i got  your PM @m_quick (thumbs up) 

He does have one, he just entered it into the ATV contest.

• Haha 1

yeah, it just reminded me we had talked about sport bikes a while back and it just hit me he had one, I'm glad to see a sport model in the runnings. 

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i thought @Akunin had one too. very rare, i think you two are the only ones here that have those model sport machines. and i got  your PM @m_quick (thumbs up) 

Yeah I've been following Quicks escapades for quite some time. Seeing that stolen really put a burr in my saddle. 🤬

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Akunin said:

Yeah I've been following Quicks escapades for quite some time. Seeing that stolen really put a burr in my saddle. 🤬

I'm sick to my stomach and it has put me in a really depressed state. I did have insurance on it, so that helps somewhat. They said there gonna wait 3 weeks to see if it turns up. Also they will give me it's current value plus a little for mods, if I can come up with the receipts. So far I've found a few receipts but unable to locate ones like all the mod quad billet stuff, chassis skids, honda nerfs, bars, shock & vibe clamp, and I'm sure I'm forgetting other stuff. Like the 14" Black Knight light bar!

Edited by m_quick
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, m_quick said:

I'm sick to my stomach and it has put me in a really depressed state. I did have insurance on it, so that helps somewhat. They said there gonna wait 3 weeks to see if it turns up. Also they will give me it's current value plus a little for mods, if I can come up with the receipts. So far I've found a few receipts but unable to locate ones like all the mod quad billet stuff, chassis skids, honda nerfs, bars, shock & vibe clamp, and I'm sure I'm forgetting other stuff. Like the 14" Black Knight light bar!

if you can remember where/who you purchased the parts from ?, maybe they can pull it up on their end to show you the purchase to show your insurance, just explain to them it was stolen, and you need proof of the part cost.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, m_quick said:

I really hate this for you. It sucks that this is happening....

You need an attorney if it isn't going to get cost prohibitive. 

Insurance is a tricky deal any I have no idea what your policy looks like but here is the normal situation...

Company will say here is what we can do and phrase it like it's your only option but that is actually just the start of negotiations.

You will potentially be able to make the argument that "replacement" cost is much higher than their initial offer. Do the math on actual replacements and present that information. Need to show them their offer is low because to replace your bike you need X,Y and Z.

Receipts would be "preferred" but are certainly not required unless otherwise stated. A picture of the bike with a semi-recent time stamp (and you have video) will prove that the bike was in the condition (and with the mods) that you claim. Break down the mods and replacement cost of everything and summary. Maybe don't "need" an attorney for this but in my experience that is the only way they will take you seriously. 

Personally seen initial replacement offers be doubled and tripled after negotiations.

Wish you the best of luck with whatever you do. I'm glad to hear you did have some kind of protection! Hopefully you get back what you deserve... replacement cost!

• Like 1

I don't know if you live in the woods or the city , I would talk to people and store owners along the routes to your house , convenience stores and gas stations , someone might have cameras and could have caught  the atv in the back of a truck or maybe being driven , also would maybe knock on doors and ask around , someone might have seen something 

• Like 2

i agree, with one that rare, it should stick out like a sore thumb. especially with Grim Reaper graphics, and all the customizing you did, you'd be shocked at how many idiot thieves will keep them as is.... some of the older  models get parted out, but a rare one like that, i don't see that happening. 

1 hour ago, m_quick said:

I've had a motorcycle and car stolen so I know what you mean for the sick to your stomach feeling and the depression is unreal. 

Any info I find I'll share in a PM. Stay positive! A rare beastie like that is bound to show up sooner than later.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i agree, with one that rare, it should stick out like a sore thumb. especially with Grim Reaper graphics, and all the customizing you did, you'd be shocked at how many idiot thieves will keep them as is.... some of the older  models get parted out, but a rare one like that, i don't see that happening. 

and you need to get out more !..lol. one like this sticking out like a turd in a punch bowl will draw all kinds of attention !!!. a smart thief ( no i am not a thief !..lol ) would rip this apart down to bare frame, ditch all the glimmer stuff to try and hide the looks of it. yes, there are dumb thieves out there that just don't give a rats behind ?!, and will get caught !. but one that thinks '' some what smart '' ?, knows all to well this atv is like hitting the state lottery, and every one in the world wants a piece of your cash !..lol.

agreed, but on a rare machine like that, strip some add on customs, I've seen it happen here, and yeah, they usually get busted, but not always. even seen some burn there own equipment  for the insurance payoff, along with claiming  it stolen, and setting said stolen property on another persons property, it's sure enough a crooked world, lol. I'm not a thief, so i can't think like those idiots nor do i care to... lol the rareness of that one is one dang sure plus, because there's probobly not too much call for parting it out, but sadly it sure happens. along with filing the vin numbers off. i know the deal when it  ones to stolen equitment, sadly i have the book, and shirt from years of having farm equipment stolen. the law won't take much time to do the research in locating the equiptment. at least here they don't unless you have connections. 

5 hours ago, shadetree said:

if you can remember where/who you purchased the parts from ?, maybe they can pull it up on their end to show you the purchase to show your insurance, just explain to them it was stolen, and you need proof of the part cost.

Thanks i alrdy have a few emails out for this, if i dont here back by tues or weds i will try and call.

5 hours ago, oh400ex said:

I really hate this for you. It sucks that this is happening....

You need an attorney if it isn't going to get cost prohibitive. 

Insurance is a tricky deal any I have no idea what your policy looks like but here is the normal situation...

Wish you the best of luck with whatever you do. I'm glad to hear you did have some kind of protection! Hopefully you get back what you deserve... replacement cost!

I really hope it don't come down to and attorney, really i hope it's recovered and not to beat up!

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I don't know if you live in the woods or the city , I would talk to people and store owners along the routes to your house , convenience stores and gas stations , someone might have cameras and could have caught  the atv in the back of a truck or maybe being driven , also would maybe knock on doors and ask around , someone might have seen something 

I like in the city, but quad was taken in a holler in WV. And we scoured the area talking to just about all we seen. One old guy told my uncle he thought he seen one near East Lynn lake in the Cabwaylingo state park. We search days looking.  and left info and the only store/gas station we knew off, along with showing pictures I had on my cell. I thought about seeing if my uncle could put up a flyer.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, m_quick said:

I really hope it don't come down to an attorney, really i hope it's recovered and not to beat up!

Me too.

From experience on this the insurance company hopes your attitude is just to move on... they are banking on it.

IMO Don't cash the check until you are satisfied with the amount.

Common practice to send you a check hoping you deposit. That then means you accepted their amount.

You might be surprised how reasonably priced an attorney can be when its a matter of losing money if you don't hire one.

Maybe you don't even need one but to just prove their amount is not correct.

Don't pay for nothing. Know what benefit attorney are providing before agreeing to anything and you will be good.

Many attorneys make a large chunk of their income off initial consolations and those are the ones you want to avoid. 

• Like 1

how long ago was the bike stolen ? i don't think anyone asked. when you say it was spotted , as in it was just as it looked when you had it, (not stripped of the  custom mods ?) or was that not brought up by the older fellah ? i would avoid an attorney, that will just add to the cost. plus all that messy red tape dealing with an insurance company. 

2 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

how long ago was the bike stolen ? i don't think anyone asked. when you say it was spotted , as in it was just as it looked when you had it, (not stripped of the  custom mods ?) or was that not brought up by the older fellah ? i would avoid an attorney, that will just add to the cost. plus all that messy red tape dealing with an insurance company. 

Sometime last Sunday 11/22/2020 between 5pm and 730pm. We knew they didn't take it up the holler, so we went out looking for it. And ran into the guy that said he thought he'd seen a boy riding one like that in the State park/forest. What i just realized is, that i rode some over there early Sunday, so I'm wondering if he was talking about seeing me riding it earlier that day? If that's the case we searched that area for nothing!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, m_quick said:

Sometime last Sunday 11/22/2020 between 5pm and 730pm. We knew they didn't take it up the holler, so we went out looking for it. And ran into the guy that said he thought he'd seen a boy riding one like that in the State park/forest. What i just realized is, that i rode some over there early Sunday, so I'm wondering if he was talking about seeing me riding it earlier that day? If that's the case we searched that area for nothing!

Nope I was just on the phone with my uncle. He said he asked the guy if the boy was wearing a helmet, and he said no. He said he asked because he knew i was about the only one down there that does wear a helmet. He still thinks they will find it. just someone has it stashed now, waiting for it to cool off. He said it maybe next spring before it surfaces! I told him how that would be to late for me, due to insurance. He then asked what i wanted them  to do if they found it, i told him i still wanted it, and to know wtf took it, even if years from now!

• Like 1

i would agree, if it was being ridden, chances are are ol sticky fingers will not chance riding it again in a public places till  things cool off, now if, and i say IF was a thief I'd stash it as is, and bide my time, maybe do a tad coloring to the wheels, and take some added mods off, just those not standard for that bike, like the led light bar, etc. i do hope you find the bike in good shape, i also hope you,mans your uncle find out who took it, and handle that situation at your own discretion, i think you get my thinking, baseball bat and a sack. 

I hate that.  As I said in another thread, we need to start hanging thieves again.  Would make it much less common.

• Like 2

i agree ^^ I'd have no problem with questionable payback. out of all the stories of people having item stolen semper, fishes friend, you, myself, shade, m_quick, wheeler and who ever else, no one has had any luck recovering there stolen property, i can just imagine what quick is dealing with on that custom honda. 

falling back to insurance might just pay some, but it will not replace the actual item, but just cash, I'm my book, I'd rather have my property back! if my bike was stolen, I'd have no chance of replacing it, nor find one like it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

out of all the stories of people having item stolen semper, fishes friend, you, myself, shade, m_quick, wheeler and who ever else, no one has had any luck recovering there stolen property,

Wilson ,  I think I told at least 3  stories of atvs stolen around here that I knew  the people  , 2 did get them back ----

Jarrod was the guy from Braithewaite who's atv got stolen with only one hour on it , it was stolen in less than 24 hours of him  buying it brand new , one month later  they caught the guy riding it on the shoulder of the highway in Mississippi , he  stopped on side the road and ran , they caught him , went to his house and he had 5 more stolen atvs,  he got that one back ,  it had 41 hours on it when he got it back , so they partied 40 hours on it ---

the other guy Joe had that 250EX that I sold him stolen from him on Christmas Day , that one was confiscated at a stop in New Orleans , the atv street  gang had it  , it was gone for about 6 weeks , cost Joe $800 to get it out the pond with the towing , storage and city administration fees  and it had another $800 of damages to it , no charges were files against the ones that were caught with it ----  

they got Vic for the Yamaha  Bear about 5 months ago or so now and there has been no word on that one  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Wilson ,  I think I told at least 3  stories of atvs stolen around here that I knew  the people  , 2 did get them back ----

i figured there were more, i didn't think of, hard to believe it's so bad down your way, i take these were within the city ? 

57 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Jarrod was the guy from Braithewaite who's atv got stolen with only one hour on it , it was stolen in less than 24 hours of him  buying it brand new

that was the one you posted pictures of being hauled off in a chevy pickup ? grey in color if i recall

59 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

they got Vic for the Yamaha  Bear about 5 months ago or so now and there has been no word on that one

I'm rusty on this one .... i think i recall he didnt live very far away from you, and the bike wasn't running at that time ?