m_quick

Missing 2008 Trx700xx

1 minute ago, _Wilson_™ said:

long time no see,  @F250 guy check your PM. or PM M_quick. 

Just did and replied haven't seen anything around here.

Edited by F250 guy
  • Thanks 1

F'ing insurance just sent me a quote for $4200! I supplied them with well over 3k in aftermarket parts, and KBB list it at $3995 in stock form?

• Like 1

Thats 100% typical for any insurance company. Dont ever take the first quote. Its half of what its worth and they just hope you will just take it and be angry. I wouldnt even give that a response anything other than haha no. Give me a real quote now!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, slowindown said:

Insurance companies are as close to satan as one can come. 

Worked in the den... can confirm.

11 hours ago, m_quick said:

F'ing insurance just sent me a quote for $4200! I supplied them with well over 3k in aftermarket parts, and KBB list it at $3995 in stock form?

Don't be concerned, insulted etc. The person on the other end is doing their job... make sure they have to do it correctly.

The initial quote is the start of negotiations and nothing more. They want out for as little as possible but are bound to give you "replacement" cost

The burden of proof is on you to show how much the "replacement" cost is and to accept that you won't get the full amount.

You should get about 80% though... your number should be higher.

3k in aftermarket parts means almost nothing... that sucks. If you can get half value of those that would be "reasonable"

Doesn't mean that their number is correct though. Find one stock in perfect serviced condition (as yours was) and the cost will be around 5k.

This is likely where they got the 4200... approx value minus whatever percent and forget the accessories.

Counteroffer with 72 and accept 6 IMO

You will need an attorney if they will not accept any information or counteroffers but that will get cost prohibitive if you don't have a friend of family member

Edit: NADA suggested list price should be your starting price on the bike its self

$7899 - 20% = ~$6400

Capture.PNG

Edited by oh400ex

Thanks guys, I just got off the phone with them. I was told it was a mistake, and the $4200 was base value. They forgot to add for modifications, and agreed to up it an additional 2k. Then she told me to notarize the original form and send it in! I told her i wasn't comfortable doing that with the $4200 number on it. So she agreed to send me a new form. At $6200 I feel satisfied and will not fight for anymore. I seen KBB has it at $3995 not sure where NADA gets the $7899 list price from, I believe that's close to original MSRP.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, m_quick said:

At $6200 I feel satisfied and will not fight for anymore.

Reasonable of you... nice work! Glad they came to a quick resolution for ya

The point of "replacement cost" is what you have to pay to replace it.

In the context where you live in an area that there is no other option other than the $100 per hour shop and you can't/wont do your own work... imagine how much you could have in a bike like yours.

The cost of the initial bike (very rare) then it would likely need to be rebuilt (and wear components replaced) as it is a 12 year old sport quad.

Then that expensive shop has to do every modification to put all the mods back.

Could easily see this machine costing over 10K after a full rebuild depending on the shop... insurance would have to pay the "replacement" cost.

I wouldn't push it personally... as I said above my acceptable number was +6k

Happy ending!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, m_quick said:

Thanks guys, I just got off the phone with them. I was told it was a mistake, and the $4200 was base value. They forgot to add for modifications, and agreed to up it an additional 2k. Then she told me to notarize the original form and send it in! I told her i wasn't comfortable doing that with the $4200 number on it. So she agreed to send me a new form. At $6200 I feel satisfied and will not fight for anymore. I seen KBB has it at $3995 not sure where NADA gets the $7899 list price from, I believe that's close to original MSRP.

glad your satisfied with the ending as far as the money goes, best ending, but i was sure thinking you would come up on that missing bike. (rare as it is) at least i was thinking so, as for insurance companies, they pretty much = crooks .. along with those who are employeis = desk Jockeys. some would happy with the money, but it can't replace the owners feelings or sentimental value of the missing item. 

Well i was happy with the insurance change from $4200 to $6200, until I seen the letter of explanation. Now I'm somewhat discontent, and not sure what to do. They listed just a portion of my mods, and appears credited me a mere 10% of cost. I know they said they would prorate the mods, but  this is ridiculous. 

insurance payout.png

Edited by m_quick
trying to edit attachment
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, m_quick said:

Well i was happy with the insurance change from $4200 to $6200, until I seen the letter of explanation. Now I'm somewhat discontent, and not sure what to do. They listed just a portion of my mods, and appears credited me a mere 10% of cost. I know they said they would prorate the mods, but  this is ridiculous. 

Like was said above you are basically having a conversation with people who make Satan sick to his stomach... keep that in mind.

With that being said... they did what you agreed and made the adjustment.

From what I see on the invoice the only things they could find the "value" of were the listed items (clamps, suspension, etc)

They would have then just put the "adjustment" as a line item and in this case is $1855. I'm not sure where you are getting 10% of cost...

Would you have accepted the 62 before seeing the invoice? Take it and move on IMO.

The stress of going through months of back and forth when you could just do what you want now is not worth it.

I promise that they can be much nastier... I think you would be smart to take the partial L and be done.

take the money...AND RUN !. count your blessings that you are even getting a dime back ?..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i agree, done deal, might not be everything you expected, but to deal with scum, well, just feel lucky it was $6200, and not $4200 as sad and aggravating as this deal was, i can understand the lose, of the price for the mods, you might fight this, but i would take the money, sure it won't be the same as having the stolen bike back, think about this, you have no idea what kind of shape it's in or weather or not it's been damaged, which would cause more headaches. 

• Like 1

Fight them some more  , they caved quick this time , you might milk them for a few more de'ner'ros !  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Fight them some more  , they caved quick this time , you might milk them for a few more de'ner'ros !  

Just because they caved this time doesn't mean they wont get super nasty if you push it.

In my old office they would call people with attitudes "data points"

Not sure what the significance behind was exactly but the gist is you cop an attitude and they put you in a different category.

Most of the time as adjusters we could make or break a situation based on attitude/mood.

They still have never admitted that anything is worth a particular amount and could retract their adjustment offer.

Unless you get an attorney it would become receipts and policy challenges until you accept their low number.

Seen cases go straight through with no attorney and seen the exact same situation drug out over years and they eventually got next to nothing.

Personal interactions between the adjuster and the client made a bigger difference in the end number than attorneys making threats most times.

2 minutes ago, oh400ex said:

Just because they caved this time doesn't mean they wont get super nasty if you push it.

In my old office they would call people with attitudes "data points"

Not sure what the significance behind was exactly but the gist is you cop an attitude and they put you in a different category.

Most of the time as adjusters we could make or break a situation based on attitude/mood.

They still have never admitted that anything is worth a particular amount and could retract their adjustment offer.

Unless you get an attorney it would become receipts and policy challenges until you accept their low number.

Seen cases go straight through with no attorney and seen the exact same situation drug out over years and they eventually got next to nothing.

Personal interactions between the adjuster and the client made a bigger difference in the end number than attorneys making threats most times.

I never said get nasty , just don't cave yet !!1 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I never said get nasty , just don't cave yet !!1 

You wouldn't be the one to get nasty...

Say he says "I don't like this I think its worth more" and his adjuster is having a bad day...

They can take back the adjustment and reevaluate the bike... reoffer 3500 and do nothing unless an attorney contacts them.

Seen it happen with a LOT more money than this.

Edit: Have heard the words from an adjuster's mouth myself something to the tune of

"I tried to help this person and give them a fair settlement... they ain't getting a thing now"

Edit 2: If the bike ever gets recovered you may have the opportunity to buy it back at 1/10 the cost btw...

Edited by oh400ex

what y'all considered a fair settlement..... wouldn't be the same as the man who lost the personal property, and knows how much he/she has invested,  and could loose out because some desk jockey has a bad day ?? ywell that's just pathetic IMO, and said person should be fired!... just shocks me that good honest people over pay these companies for protection, and still don't get treated right, especially after being a loyal costumer for years! same goes for anyone not doing the job there payed to do, correctly. sounds to me like insurance companies rank right down there with lawyers. scum! 

I know a guy who's 55 Chevy was stolen , over 20 years later it was recovered and he got it back , but it was in 1st place Car Show quality ---- don't know if he had insurance or not when it got stolen , but as OH400 brought up about buying it back for 1/10th the price if he was paid off on it , wonder how them no good ,scum of da'Earth  insurance companies would handle that one , it was stolen as a $1,500 car and returned as a $25,000 car , so they make you pay $2,500 to get back a $1,500 car that is 20 years older , LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reading this thread is a wake up call to be more careful to prevent theft on my own bikes.  Curious to know more about the circumstances of the OPs 700 surrounding the theft.  Maybe sharing info might prevent someone else's loss. 

4 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

Reading this thread is a wake up call to be more careful to prevent theft on my own bikes.  Curious to know more about the circumstances of the OPs 700 surrounding the theft.  Maybe sharing info might prevent someone else's loss. 

Agreed.  I know some places I go I'll be leaving my atv by itself, due to the nature of what I'll be doing.  I've got some ideas of what I'll do to make it "less seen" and a bit harder to steal, but I'd hate to have not done my due diligence and made it too easy.

5 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

check out the 1st page,  that's all the detail he posted, and he has limited forums access due to useing a cell phone, last he told me when i posted those pics for him. 

8 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

check out the 1st page,  that's all the detail he posted, and he has limited forums access due to useing a cell phone, last he told me when i posted those pics for him. 

I found few details about when or where it was stolen.   Were they inside a home with it parked in the yard for example.

I hate theives.   Had a neighbor many years ago that liked to help himself to my tools from a shed.  He had already been in prison and out on parole.  When he came over offering to sell me a firearm he went right back to prison.  Ends up the gun was stolen and I got a nice thank you from the rightful owner  of the gun.  Stupid %$<] neighbor. 

28 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

I found few details about when or where it was stolen.   Were they inside a home with it parked in the yard for example.

I hate theives.   Had a neighbor many years ago that liked to help himself to my tools from a shed.  He had already been in prison and out on parole.  When he came over offering to sell me a firearm he went right back to prison.  Ends up the gun was stolen and I got a nice thank you from the rightful owner  of the gun.  Stupid %$<] neighbor. 

li must have missed that post, or it was never posted here ?? kind of drawing a blank. 

19 hours ago, WonderMonkey said:

Agreed.  I know some places I go I'll be leaving my atv by itself, due to the nature of what I'll be doing.  I've got some ideas of what I'll do to make it "less seen" and a bit harder to steal, but I'd hate to have not done my due diligence and made it too easy.

On 1/4/2021 at 6:39 AM, 56Sierra said:

Quad was parked at my grandmother's on my trailer. Same place i always park when i go down there. Usually over the past say 10 yrs, when i ride down there, would be lucky to run into other riders. 2020 the trails we ride have become crowded, One buddy we ride with down there, say's it's because when the stimulus money came out, everyone and there brother went and bought Rzr's. One thing that bugs me, is the 2 days we rode several people asked my uncle where we where from, and he told them! I may just be paranoid, but I can't help but to think one of them came up my family's holler and took my quad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I received the settlement today. Still interested if anyone happens to see or hear about this unit.

• Like 5