m_quick

Missing 2008 Trx700xx

6 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

thank for letting us know, still haven't seen anything online, has F250 guy contacted you ? 

No I haven't herd anything from him, seen he replied in this thread once.

• Thanks 1

Found and recovered, thanks to a special friend and member?

stolen 700xx.png

Edited by m_quick
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Can you do a buy back , since you were already paid off thru insurance ? 

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Can you do a buy back , since you were already paid off thru insurance ? 

No they said, all they could do is notify me of when and where it will be auctioned. The guy that listed it got took, he bought a hot quad. He was honest enough to call me. And gave me info on the guy he purchased it from. Which is same location it was missing from, and same last name as the 1st suspect we had last year! The local sheriff department have it, and issued a arrest warrant for the guy he purchased it from. He was able to show the local authorities a bill of sale. 

• Like 5

Good that it was found , I hope the thief gets caught , persecuted -----  maybe you can sue him civilly  for the difference you lost to the insurance company of worth to blue book valve , pain , suffering and anguish , LOL  ---  you plan on going to the auction ? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Good that it was found , I how the thief gets caught , persecuted -----  maybe you can sue him civilly  for the difference you lost to the insurance company of worth to blue book valve , pain , suffering and anguish , LOL  ---  you plan on going to the auction ? 

Depends on when and how far away the auction will be. I'm not going 500 miles to bid on my old quad. Especially after what the seller told me about it. To some it up, he said looked like it had been wrecked? IDK where or what, cause his add or photos didn't mention or show damage. Once I walked him through how to remove the seat, he told me the fuel programmer was removed. And he had posted about racing it up and down the highway! I told him well it don't matter cause you bought a stolen quad, but that will burn the piston up quick! He then replied, i wonder if that's why it's been smoking so bad!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Let it Go !!! ---   How much the guy paid for it ? ------  down here that guy can try to sue the guy he bought it from , but bet that's a dead end street with a dead beat , and he is just flat out beat 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Let it Go !!! ---   How much the guy paid for it ? ------  down here that guy can try to sue the guy he bought it from , but bet that's a dead end street with a dead beat , and he is just flat out beat 

If they do prosecute him, this guy can ask for restitution. And then it will be part of the thief's probation, to pay back or stay on probation. Also i could seek my deductible.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WonderMonkey said:

How about we have a forum gathering near where the thief lives?  Or the next town over, and "things happen"?

image.png

• Like 3

8 hours ago, m_quick said:

If they do prosecute him, this guy can ask for restitution. And then it will be part of the thief's probation, to pay back or stay on probation. Also i could seek my deductible.

Sometimes the man takes items used to commit the crime like the vehicle used to transport the stolen ATV.  Hopefully they do and don't stop until they confiscate the shirt off his back. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

Sometimes the man takes items used to commit the crime like the vehicle used to transport the stolen ATV.  Hopefully they do and don't stop until they confiscate the shirt off his back. 

In the old days , if you stole a man's horse they hung you >>>>>>> the times we live in now days , the thief will probably not spend a minute in jail , just given a summons and not appear in court any way  >>>>>  and then sue m-quick for lost wages and public humiliation  and win the case ---messed up times  we live in 

• Like 5

Getting a judgement for your deductible,  time spent of recovery and difference between insurance payment and true value may be obtained in small claims court.   Getting paid may be more difficult.  You may be able to put a lien on the title of their vehicle or maybe even a home, if they own one.  I don't think doing that is all that hard.

• Like 1

On March 23, 2021 at 2:07 PM, m_quick said:

Depends on when and how far away the auction will be. I'm not going 500 miles to bid on my old quad. Especially after what the seller told me about it. To some it up, he said looked like it had been wrecked? IDK where or what, cause his add or photos didn't mention or show damage. Once I walked him through how to remove the seat, he told me the fuel programmer was removed. And he had posted about racing it up and down the highway! I told him well it don't matter cause you bought a stolen quad, but that will burn the piston up quick! He then replied, i wonder if that's why it's been smoking so bad!

i agree, being it was abused and now smoking, maybe wrecked, with parts removed, i would just let this go, and keep looking for a utilty model, or side by side for the family  and you to enjoy, i agree with fish we now live in some messed up times where crimminals have  more rights then  the upstanding citizen does, been down this road myself with stolen equipment, more then likely has no ownership of a home or car.

• Like 1

Restitution:

My good buddy Marvin owns a weekend home and a lot of acreage in Tyler Town Mississippi , he only goes there once every two weeks , till hunting season then every weekend ,  his closest neighbor is a mile away , he was robbed 6 times , they got his 4 wheeler , zero turn , refrigerator , washer / dryer , pulled the electrical cable from under ground from the house to the power pole , cut all the wire out the barn , after he put up iron bar doors and window guards ,   they cut an opening  thru the side of the house with a saw to get the freezer and all it's contents  out , one 4th of July they went shopping for their  party at his place , took all the food , drinks , beer , pots and pans , silver ware ,BBQ pit ,  etc , etc , so he set up a hidden surveillance camera in the house , the guy went in on a Sunday durning a Saints game ,  turned on the TV , made him some food and watched the entire game , then you could see he took the 60 inch TV off the wall , loaded him some stuff and left ---- after giving the video to the sheriff  they caught the guy , he was ordered to pay $80 a month for 10 years for restitution , he told me just recently that he has not got any money in 7 months , they are saying now the guy is retarded and can't work ---- good luck with restitution 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Restitution:

My good buddy Marvin owns a weekend home and a lot of acreage in Tyler Town Mississippi , he only goes there once every two weeks , till hunting season then every weekend ,  his closest neighbor is a mile away , he was robbed 6 times , they got his 4 wheeler , zero turn , refrigerator , washer / dryer , pulled the electrical cable from under ground from the house to the power pole , cut all the wire out the barn , after he put up iron bar doors and window guards ,   they cut an opening  thru the side of the house with a saw to get the freezer and all it's contents  out , one 4th of July they went shopping for their  party at his place , took all the food , drinks , beer , pots and pans , silver ware ,BBQ pit ,  etc , etc , so he set up a hidden surveillance camera in the house , the guy went in on a Sunday durning a Saints game ,  turned on the TV , made him some food and watched the entire game , then you could see he took the 60 inch TV off the wall , loaded him some stuff and left ---- after giving the video to the sheriff  they caught the guy , he was ordered to pay $80 a month for 10 years for restitution , he told me just recently that he has not got any money in 7 months , they are saying now the guy is retarded and can't work ---- good luck with restitution 

Makes me wonder if the dude gets a stimulus check.  Be only right to give 100% of those Biden Bucks to pay restitution.   Wanna hear a good one?  My ex still owes me child support for a son that's 33.  I asked about her getting stimulus checks and why they weren't put towards her arrears.  Get a lawyer, they said.  I'm betting if I was the one not paying support she'd be getting my check no problem. 

• Like 3

My ex asked if she could claim one of the girls on her taxes.......I thought of a long but wordy response, but ultimately just decided to say "No"  The less I have to talk to her, the better..  She buys them clothes occasionally, but tuition, insurance, dental, vision, and the car are all on me.  I have custody, I pay the bills, and I'd be damned if she's going to get one of the only monetary benefits from them. 

I got their stimulus money too, which I'm sure is eating her up, but maybe she should have spent her (my) money on a better lawyer rather than take her boyfriend to Cancun with her half of the money we got from selling the house, and half of my retirement (stay at home mom, so no paycheck for her).  That's being used to paint the house, and it won't be enough to cover it, but I've got wooden trim that's got to be painted or I'll have to start replacing wood.  Literally using the money to keep a roof over their heads.  If she doesn't like it, GOOD!

The situation in our country now, I believe is absolutely by design.  It punishes the nuclear family, and rewards NOT getting married, and having children out of wedlock.  That weakens the population, and invites big brother in to manage (control) everything.   Men in particular, and screwed by the legal system when it comes to divorce and children.  I love my wife now, and I don't believe she would ever stoop to the level of my ex, but I gave strong consideration to getting married again, simply because for men, you take on a ton of liability should the wife choose to walk away.  I see more and more young men say "Nope, not worth it" and it really makes me mad that .gov has interfered so much that people see marrying as a liability.

As far as collecting money from thieves.....the state will get it if it is owed to them.  The rest of us can forget about it.  They won't do anything to collect for other citizens, but if he owed the IRS or state government, you better believe they would garnish EVERYTHING to get their money.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i agree, being it was abused and now smoking, maybe wrecked, with parts removed, i would just let this go, and keep looking for a utilty model, or side by side for the family  and you to enjoy, i agree with fish we now live in some messed up times where crimminals have  more rights then  the upstanding citizen does, been down this road myself with stolen equipment, more then likely has no ownership of a home or car.

I already purchased a 2021 Rzr 900 trail ultimate. And remember I still have the OG 700xx. I've been adding a few dollars to the Rzr in aftermarket parts, and have yet to ride it yet. I'm still not sure if I will adapt to the sxs world vs. being on a sport quad for years. After Bristol weekend i plan to get out and break the belt in on the new Rzr.

i recall the original 700xx you still have, but must have missed or it slipped  my mind you had purchased a razor congrats on the new side by side. 

7 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i recall the original 700xx you still have, but must have missed or it slipped  my mind you had purchased a razor congrats on the new side by side. 

Thanks! and below should be a link to the thread I started, about the Rzr. It's nice and getting nicer with the add ons I'm buying. It has Ride Command, and Rockford Fosgate sound system from the factory, along with stage 2 Fox shocks.. 

• Like 2

My wife bought a 2009 RZR 800. Been nothing but problems. Worst of which thus far is a busted cam shaft. Think I got all the quirks addressed but will see this riding season.

I understand the newer models are more reliable. Hope it works out for you.