Fishfiles

ATV deals out there

Maybe a thread for ATV deals out there before they hit the classifieds 

My buddy Skip in Slidell , La  has a Yamaha 80 4 wheeler , looks like a little Banshee , blue in color , pretty clean , it was for his daughter who lost all interest in riding it  , Skip just got a new to him 350 Rancher and needs garage space , says the 80 has to go , he wants $800 for it , he paid $300 for a new OEM carb when he bought it from our friend Max , who bought it brand new for his son and it sat up so long the gas soured as they live in the city and had no where to ride it , this atv has very low hours , I think these go for around $3,400 new as my buddy Lance had bought one for his grandson Landon ---- would like to see one get it that I know as it seems like a really good deal 

• Like 2

hm, this has me thinking also what about pawn shop finds, I've seen a couple 300's come up around here a green 95, and one other red, they would not let me look at nor take pics of. 

thing is the owner of the biggest pawn in  columbia is my retired fire chief, used to hunt on my families land as a boy, and was great friends with my grandfather, plus has cut me some deals on items in the past. maybe a deal in the future. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

I have a little 80 like that Fish.  @basfnb's brother gave it to me.  Wouldn't start.  Turned out the intake valve had gotten tight so with a valve adjustment it cranked up.  Smokes like a chimney though. 

I ordered a cheap top end for it and hope to get it done over the winter, not that I'll need it anytime soon since the baby is only 18 months.

On 11/27/2020 at 8:09 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

hm, this has me thinking also what about pawn shop finds, I've seen a couple 300's come up around here a green 95, and one other red, they would not let me look at nor take pics of. 

thing is the owner of the biggest pawn in  columbia is my retired fire chief, used to hunt on my families land as a boy, and was great friends with my grandfather, plus has cut me some deals on items in the past. maybe a deal in the future. 

Must have been stuff that the owner was still paying on.....

nailed it, jeep, but he told me I'd be the 1st he would contact if they came up. the green is a twd, that's the one i want, but not for myself,  my nieces boys are getting of age to ride, so, i was figuring  on a gift, for the whole family, already told there father about riding, and showed him, on my 95 ... so he understands NOT to turn them loose till they get older. they started out those cheepy wally world electric atvs already, had a go kart, which they've run the wheels off of, lol.