boatcaptben

2003 foreman trx 450 fe3

3 minutes ago, retro said:

3 flashes is an Angle Sensor fault. That error is normal in this case though, because the issue is a mechanical one.... its stuck due to the linkage/ratchet have come apart.

ok great thank you! i did  already order a new one of those as well

Edited by boatcaptben

You will need to buy a new front cover gasket and an oil filter. Loosening the clutch adjustment locknut and screw before you take the cover off makes it easier to reassemble since that screw will need to be backed out when you put the front cover on.. You'll also need some dielectric grease for the shift motor and angle sensor harness connectors and you'll need some NLGI #2 synthetic bearing grease to service the ES system. If you ride in water or mud  you'll need some Ultra black silicone gasket maker (or similar) to seal the ES parts up as well.

Honda ES systems are improperly prepped at the factory and to make matters worse Honda used the wrong type of grease, which causes ES systems to fail. Follow this guide to properly prep your ES during assembly:

Good job troubleshooting

I bet retro nailed it and hope it’s an easy fix

let us know what you find when you get that front cover off 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, boatcaptben said:

ok great thank you! i did  already order a new one of those as well

Make sure that your new Angle sensor is a Genuine Honda part else do not install it. China knockoff parts are useless garbage. Have fun reading and working! 🙂