Fishfiles

Snakes

you, and me both, i know i would have squeezed a round off....  but the garter snake sure was fired up, lol! i caught a few in my time,... to be to honest ----  I'm not sure if getting pooped or bitten (none venomous) is worse.... but if i had to choose, I'd take a bite.... 

8 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

apparently not hungry enough ? 

That was a big snake , I hate to admit it , disappointed   I was hoping for a 2 on 1 fight 

• Like 1

yeah, i thought for sure there would be, but, i didn't wish to offend the animal rights activist, aka asa_p, never can tell when lori loughlin aka thief will show up lol!

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

yeah, i thought forsure there would be, i didn't wish to offend the animal rights activist, never can tell when lora lockland will show up lol! 

As far as I am concerned , it is the way of the world .... Dog eat dog , eat or be eaten .... if you don't like it don't watch it !!! Now if your exploting monkey for a profit , then that is different , eh OH400EX , LOL 

• Like 1

I'll take a vacation to Florida , if they will let me shoot snakes , !!!!  with catching them live !!! ---if Fla. would invite 100 Coon-A$$'s for a vacation and let us loose , there would be no snake problem in the EverGlades !!! OR , come up with a Coon-A$$ recipe for python and we will put them pythons on the endangered species list .... 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

great video! lol would you ever go snake hunting with him ? no telling how many times he's been bitten. 

Remember the story  , my buddy Carter drives pilings on the water in the Bedico Creek area , he builds docks and boat houses ,  he called me to see if was OK to give Shelby my number , I told him !!!! no , I wouldn't go work on his excavator , they say he is a "  Lot  " wilder off camera then on the TV  show  ---- a few years back he ran over an old guy anchored in his boat fishing in the Creek with the jet boat ,  while they were filming and the guy died , made the news once and never heard any more about it , now that I think about it , that video started off that he was gone for a while , might be why 

Two headed copper head found in flower garden of Florida house 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Only seen 1 cooperhead and a few black racers this season so far. 

• Like 1

Found this guy in my basement Saturday morning, right next to a basket of dirty laundry.

Luckily the womenfolk were all in bed so they didn't see him.  Round pupils so looks like a banded watersnake.  I scooped him into a dustpan and put it outside. 

If Mrs Jeep had seen that thing inside the house she would have either burned the house down or made me call an exterminator to fog the whole house.

Good thing she was still asleep!

snek.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Stripped Copperhead from Mississippi , two headed a few days ago and now this ,  something going wrong with nature ??? 

image.png

18 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Stripped Copperhead from Mississippi , two headed a few days ago and now this ,  something going wrong with nature ??? 

image.png

at least the head is triangular. some poison snakes arnt!!

Edited by LedFTed

We had a snake encounter yesterday , we were partying on the porch and my buddy Vic went to the fridge to get a round of beers and a 4 ft king snake was going across the patio towards the fridge , he almost got under it before I took a pool stick and got him off the patio , well he was not very happy with that , hissed at me , stuck the pool stick several times , so after 3 times of turning him around and he persistently keep trying to get back on to the patio towards the fridge  , I figured he was living under the fridge  --- so now I am one pool stick short  and he doesn't "LIVE"  around here no more , he took up residency in the garbage can and I have moth balls on my list of things to get ---  I don't want to hear it , I know , I heard it enough yesterday , king snakes are good snakes , they eat mice and rats and other snakes ----    the only good snake is a dead snake 

• Like 1

Went to blow a beaver dam saturday.  Had the wife, my neighbor and his girlfriend, and her 4 and 5 year old daughters along.

As we pull up to the backside of the dam where the water is supposed to drain, spotted two water moccasins.  Had my 22 pistol with suppressor, and threading the barrel eliminated the front sight, so while I can hit a can with ease with it by lining up the crown of the can with the rear sight, precision shooting as something like a snake's head is a little tougher, but I scared them!

Went up, put 2lbs of tannerite on the backside of the dam, scared up a water snake there, but he wasn't poisonous, so let him go.  Couldn't get the tannerite down in the mud where it needed to be (since I have to leave it exposed to shoot it to set it off), so when I shot it it just made a lot of noise and blew the sticks off of the back of the dam.  Going to have to go back out there with 2 cans of the stuff and bury one deep, with the other on top of it to allow me to hit it.

Walked back, moccasins were still in the ditch, so they were disposed of with the scoped 308.  First one flew about 15 feet in the air when I hit it.  The kids thought that was great fun.  The womenfolk were not quite as amused.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 12:16 PM, jeepwm69 said:

Went to blow a beaver dam saturday.  Had the wife, my neighbor and his girlfriend, and her 4 and 5 year old daughters along.

As we pull up to the backside of the dam where the water is supposed to drain, spotted two water moccasins.  Had my 22 pistol with suppressor, and threading the barrel eliminated the front sight, so while I can hit a can with ease with it by lining up the crown of the can with the rear sight, precision shooting as something like a snake's head is a little tougher, but I scared them!

Went up, put 2lbs of tannerite on the backside of the dam, scared up a water snake there, but he wasn't poisonous, so let him go.  Couldn't get the tannerite down in the mud where it needed to be (since I have to leave it exposed to shoot it to set it off), so when I shot it it just made a lot of noise and blew the sticks off of the back of the dam.  Going to have to go back out there with 2 cans of the stuff and bury one deep, with the other on top of it to allow me to hit it.

Walked back, moccasins were still in the ditch, so they were disposed of with the scoped 308.  First one flew about 15 feet in the air when I hit it.  The kids thought that was great fun.  The womenfolk were not quite as amused.

Only 2#?  Please don't tell me there's a shortage of Tannerite.