jeepwm69

300 for sale in Alabama....$3950...might be worth it.

saw this one on bookface earlier.  Not all original (wheels definitely aren't, and I don't think the seat is either), but still a beautiful bike.

300.jpg

3001.jpg

3002.jpg

3004.jpg

3005.jpg

• Like 3

Silver painted rear gear housing and rims... shade? 🤣

Great looking restoration! Too rich for my blood but at half price I would take it all day.

Edited by oh400ex

wow! not bad, jugs been painted, exhaust heat shield, rear brake backing plate rear chunk, kick starter, most likely the complete engine / transfer case, looks like it's been well taken care with some custom painting done  , the rear trunk rack nylon bushing are gone, and 12 volt a accessory plug boot, I'd like to see the front end, no exhaust rust on the back end...  nice find jeep.

• Like 1

I'd say restored, but the sticker on the rear axle has me guessing......🤔

• Like 1

the sticker on the hitch ? that's standard, but yeah the hitch has been painted to, who ever did this paint sure did some good masking., take a look at the red kill switch, that's also been paint, should be a white stripe down the center like this, and no rubber garment around the tail light, but i could wrong on that, i know both of mine have them. 

image.jpg

my younger sister lives in Alabama, depending on where the bike is her husband might be intrested, at least i could get him to go look it over.

i am a jeep guy of sorts, lol i take that as a compliment :-) of corse now it's just the xj, not the old school bullet proof jeeps ... you can't find one around, and if do, it's not for sell.  

where are Honda atv's made at?, in the USA? you'd think i would know by now. i just cant remember the atv place, especially the 300 series.

an how does the shifter work? i wont talk about metrics v/s inches.

Edited by LedFTed

started in Japan,  but yes in the United States, fish posted a history on them here someplace, oddly enough he's been off line all day ? the 300 foot shift is 5 up sl/1 2 3 4 5  then 5 4 3 2 1 back to neutral from neutral one down for revere has the same pattern as your es just a foot shift. has the same on shifting into reveres push the reverse  button on the left hand side  (hold it down) and pull the left hand brake lever,and push down on the foot shifter, left side red = reverse  center green = neutral, right side red = oil temp 

image.png

If you like tan , this 300 just came up for sale for $3,000 , looks like a  better deal than $3,950 , it has a $1,000 worth of tires and rims , GR , 4 inch body  lift , swing arm extension , etc , etc 

• Like 3

On December 4, 2020 at 7:35 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

my younger sister lives in Alabama, depending on where the bike is her husband might be intrested, at least i could get him to go look it over.

well i did my best....l they said there not intrested, they want  a new camo cab model 4x4 Kubota utv diesel (minue the hydraulics) like my dad has, i can't see paying over 17,000 grand for one of those, but they are nice, ac/heat, radio, but slow as all get out! 

pretty!!  nice restore...but I'm not educated enough to know what they did and did not restore, etc... all I'd know is that I'd be getting into a 300 that is ready to ride..so I guess his price is fair..example..around here, a beater 300 is still bringing $1200-$1500...will then usually need brakes, maybe some other "stuff' done...so if a guy isn't up to doing it all himself, the local shops will help you burn through another $1k real fast..so you'd have a functional, but still beat looking 300 that looks it's age and be over $2500-$3k...yeah...this one is pricey, but for someone who might want that model and not buy used bike headaches...kinda worth some extra.

gotta say... the more I see of the newer bigger bikes..especially the chinese stuff, the happier i remain with my old blue pony.  of the past 7 days, I've been on that machine 4 of those days..in fact just Sunday I had to tow the golf cart out of the woods...wife had run it too many days without charge and it gave out on the very back trail...ol blue pulled it home no problem.

One thing I cannot stand is shiny glossy tires, that look like patent leather shoes.

One thing I inquired of the Honda dealer here when I bought my 420 was do they put that crap on the tires.  No, they says.

Ok, says I.

Tires should look like tires, not all shiny like somebody put snot all over them.

dc

it's just shined for the add, no big deal besides..... those (like fish mentioned) tires and, rims are expensive, plus the mods ..so i wouldn't  worry too much about snot on the tires, but rather what i would gain on tires, and rims, and mods, plus you can always sell those tires, and rims for good money, and go back a stock set up and mud lite AT, so, you would getting the bike for even less. say around 2100 (give or take), not a bad price at all, especially since the owner seems to know mods, and customizing, the bike looks to be well taken care.

8 hours ago, Bighanded said:

gotta say... the more I see of the newer bigger bikes..especially the chinese stuff, the happier i remain with my old blue pony.

i agree, you tend go with the best honda made, the new models, eh, there okay for those who don't know the older classics were built better. 

I mean, there's some really purty and exciting stuff out there...I admit I get caught looking occassionally. but honestly for my little bit of running around I do here..the 300 is plenty of fun...and there ain't no bank note due each month.

oh, i agree on the 300, but i don't do alot of looking but rather read what owners of these newer machines have issues with first hand experience ... is much better then looking at a shinny atv, IMO most of the new ones, are ugly as all get out, and require much more maintenance, to maintain, take the IRS ... you have more moving parts more c-v joints rubber boots / bushings open drive lines, etc, some like the ride, and that's fine, but for durability, NOPE they don't hold a candle to the older machines. 

• Like 1