F250 guy

Update and possible purchase question.

1 minute ago, jeepwm69 said:

That should be a good one.  Only weak spot is 1st gear, and it's usually fine unless the machine has been abused. 

Might be able to have the meter fixed, or you could buy a used one for $100 or less.

Still high as !.  I sold my recently rebuilt 08 Foreman with PS for $3K a month or so ago. 

I was gonna see if I can get him down 600.00, question do you guys know of any issues with the newer ranchers, cause I like em. 

2 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Yeah Scramblers have gotten high.  Most snub the 4 cylinders, but the 4 cylinder CJ's usually had 4.10's in the diffs.  Buying a I6 and swapping it in is cheap and easy.  Regearing two diffs isn't.

Here's Dad's 85 Scrambler.  Base model, 258 with T176.  Has a hair under 5K miles on it now.

IMG_6768[1].JPG

IMG_2116[1].JPG

I know right, I mean used trucks are out of site, that's why I'm looking at ATVs.

13 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

That should be a good one.  Only weak spot is 1st gear, and it's usually fine unless the machine has been abused. 

Might be able to have the meter fixed, or you could buy a used one for $100 or less.

Still high as !.  I sold my recently rebuilt 08 Foreman with PS for $3K a month or so ago. 

akatv can work wanders with meters, not sure what all issues he can fix, but he's done quiet a few for members here. 

18 minutes ago, F250 guy said:

I was gonna see if I can get him down 600.00, question do you guys know of any issues with the newer ranchers, cause I like em. 

No idea on the newer ones.

The older 420's tended to have a weak 4th gear, crappy rear ends, and the fuel pump/fuel filters can give you fits.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

No idea on the newer ones.

The older 420's tended to have a weak 4th gear, crappy rear ends, and the fuel pump/fuel filters can give you fits.

Was just curious. From what I can see the tank looks like it's easier to service being in the spot it is. 

Edited by F250 guy

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i must have missed something ,which one were you going to try and talk down to $600 ? 

Look back through its the camo Foreman. I was looking for fuel for injection then a member found this one. Reason was is I was and still am looking for something I could do tire and shock upgrades on. 3,600 is the price. Guy says it needs only the speedometer fixed.

Screenshot_20201204-123913.png

Screenshot_20201204-123929.png

Screenshot_20201204-123921.png

Edited by F250 guy

23 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

what was his original asking price ? 

Post right above your comment. 3,600.00 is what he's asking

That front rack looks like he has run it into something hard!!

• Like 1

^^ your welcome Wilson, and yea PROV I thought the same thing. But I'll wait to see if I find anything better, just wanted opinions on a old or newer foreman or the newer ranchers is all.