56Sierra

Another old fart joins the furum

Dan signing in from Coshocton Co. Ohio.  Currently own two running TRX300FWs,  95 & 97 as well as a junk 98.  I started working at the Honda Corral in Wintersville OH. in the early 70's at the age of 16.  My first day there was spent changing knobby tires and been twisting wrenches ever since.  In 1978 I took an entry level position in the Communications & Signal dept on Conrail and early retired on the same rail line in September 2018.  Multiple moves with different companies and positions later I retired as the dept. head on the same line I hired on.  

Hondas motorcycles owned are too numerous to mention.  Currently own a Honda Element,  45hp outboard,  1011 Harmony rider, string trimmer, 1989 Pacific Coast and of course Beauty and the Beast.

20200413_155411.jpg

20200427_122446.jpg

sue and dan.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Welcome!

Awesome machines. Beauty sure is pretty!

Edited by oh400ex

The last picture is of my wife and mistress and me.  The mistress was sold and I bought my wife a new toy.  It's also a two seater.🤣

20200820_170456.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Dan welcome, great looking stuff.  Like wilson said add your location to the members map and if you enjoy talking to other members join in on the chat sometime.  There is usually a few of us on there in the evening....

• Like 1

Thanks to all the good folk here for the warm welcome.  My Dad told me to surround myself with the most intelligent people I can find.  He said they may not make you look smart but after a while you will be.  So, that's while I decided to hang around. 

• Like 5

Welcome.

My first car was a fiat 124 spider.  Were it not for that car, I wouldn't be able to work on anything! lol

On 12/5/2020 at 7:29 AM, 56Sierra said:

The last picture is of my wife and mistress and me.  The mistress was sold and I bought my wife a new toy.  It's also a two seater.🤣

20200820_170456.jpg

1 hour ago, slowindown said:

Welcome.

My first car was a fiat 124 spider.  Were it not for that car, I wouldn't be able to work on anything! lol

My wife's first car was a 124.  She started dropping hints when they were first announced and I thought there's no way I want the problems associated with a Fiat.  We had just sold our pristine 1981 Lancia Zagato a few years back to fund college expenses and although I missed driving the car I figured for every hour we drove it we worked on it two.

When she told me the new 124 was made along side the Miata I got interested.   She wanted red, I wanted Abarth, recaros and brembos.  It's been 100% reliable in the 28,000 miles and 3.5 years we've owned it.  And fun.

Fix

It

Again

Tony

Friend of mine growing up had a grandfather who had a bunch of old oddball cars.  Two mid 60's MGB's that I lusted over, a bunch of Peugeots, and a 1970 Fiat 124.  Most sat unmoving for years, and when we were about 14-15, we decided to see if we could "fix" the Fiat.

Cracked dash, disintegrating top, rotted seats, but a splash of gas in the carb throat and it fired right up....right before about 300 wasps came pouring out of it from every conceivable place.

The rocker panels were 98.3% bondo, and when I plopped a little hard in the driver's seat, the seat rocked back until I was lying down in the rear seat.  The floor pans were GONE.  Brake lines were rusted out and that's why it had been parked. 

We pretty much took it apart, didn't know what to do, and quietly parked it back where we got it, with the dash and gauges in the trunk, the carpet ripped out, and the front seats sitting in the rear seat.

I figure it sat for another couple of years before there was nothing left but a brown pile of rust flakes.  I have never seen something rust like that in Arkansas, and that says a lot coming from someone who dabbles in AMC-era Jeeps.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

My wife's first car was a 124.  She started dropping hints when they were first announced and I thought there's no way I want the problems associated with a Fiat.  We had just sold our pristine 1981 Lancia Zagato a few years back to fund college expenses and although I missed driving the car I figured for every hour we drove it we worked on it two.

When she told me the new 124 was made along side the Miata I got interested.   She wanted red, I wanted Abarth, recaros and brembos.  It's been 100% reliable in the 28,000 miles and 3.5 years we've owned it.  And fun.

In 1999 I parked my old 1984 Alfa Romeo GTV 6 put back to restore when I retire.

GTV 6.  Yup.  Local guy's got one.  I know the back of it well.  Seems when I took the Lancia out he seemed to appear briefly in my mirrors and then blow them and the doors off as he went flying by me.🙄  Man that guy could drive.  Now that I have the 124 I'm gunning for him.😉