56Sierra

Oh what the TRX300FW can't do

My 97 was purchased 8 yrs ago.  I bought the pre-scratched model.  It required new ball bearing in the rear end and new rear brake cables when I got it.  Someone had welded some sort of plow mount on the front that has been the basis for multiple attachments. 

This years acquisition was the very nice 95 for my wife.  We made a dog box to haul the fat and happy old Yellow Lab.

IMG_2190.JPG

20200919_173903.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Nothing like a family ride around the neighborhood huh?

On 12/5/2020 at 10:24 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

very interesting bucket looks like an international brand cable pull trip dump, with a swivel base ? 

International Harvester.  It's a snow plow from my 1969 Cub Cadet 105.  The cable attaches to the blade tilt lock and allows me to dump the bucket with a yank of the cable.

• Like 2

i should have said international harvester, lol i saw the badge so the bucket is a trip lock type dump ? you should post pics of that 105 in fishes mower thread, I really enjoy those vintage machines, I've ran a few of there machines combines, tractors, tilling equipment, had a friend who had a couple 454, 1066, 1586, (just to name a few) the 466dt was a very quiet engine if memory serves me right. also put those engines in some older medium duty IH trucks. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

300 are great atvs , I have and have had many and put them thru the proving grounds  , they take a lickin' and keep on tickin'

• Like 1

Here's a hacked Craftsman snow plow on the Honda.  Behind it is the old Wheelhorse that's been the front line driveway dozer for 13 years now.  450' of 20-25% grade limestone base driveway eats wear strips.  Welded a 3/8" in strip on the last time.  Gives the left arm a workout lifting it.

I have no idea what model(s) the Wheelhorse is.  12hp Kohler 3sp x 2 trans with a front and back half from two different tractors welded together.  I beat that thing on a regular basis but maintain it well.

20201130_091026.jpg

• Like 3

Will do but keep in mind historical value was way down on my list of priorities and keeping it running with minimal $ was on the top.  I do grease it and change the oil often.  About 5 years ago I decided a set of rings were in order when oil consumption rivaled fuel usage.

I gave $200 for it and my wife was all excited to get it home and wash it.  Nope.  Ain't wasting the water, I told her😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i would by pass on using water, if anything use an air compressor with a blow gun attachment, or leaf blower, for just the engine cooling fins, you'd be surprised at how quick, and  where rodents will nest. 

I'm fully aware of the rodent problem in equipment stored outdoors.   That's why I try to sneak up and give the starter a good cranking before I climb on.  Then I get out the leaf blower and hemostats.  Yeah, I got a real thing for mice.  Hate 'em big time.😳

• Haha 1

lol, i figured you were, ever ran into something like this ? i cranked her over, and saw dust, and a strings of fabric come out around the starter gear, from then on mothballs have kept the field mice away, that and a black bob tailed cat, that just moved in, no idea where he came from, but he takes care of anything roaming around rabits, squirrels, chipmounks,  including some of my song birds .... sigh... i reckon ya have to take bad, with the good. ... between him, and the hawks, and owles ... no more issues. 

image.jpg