LedFTed

beer shortage

i think i talked about this here., maybe not, might av been the hunting site. anyway, aluminum cans are in short supply, and i have been throwing them away for years, plus,

none of you drink beer, so, not to worry.,

it also affects the soft drink industry. y'all can have soft-drinks, too much sugar. everybody knows beer dont.

if you give up the sugar buzz, i can drink my Bud in peace.

i also hear there is a hops shortage. since i dont farm, i cant take advantage of it. if only its true.

i dont like soy products so much. never et tofu. whatever that is. lots of farmers grow soybeans here.

Edited by LedFTed
because

We don't throw away the cans here in Michigan 10 cent refund each so most find there way back for recycling....

• Like 2

Just now, bcsman said:

We don't throw away the cans here in Michigan 10 cent refund each so most find there way back for recycling....

they need this in Ky.

Just now, LedFTed said:

they need this in Ky.

Pain in the butt with all the extra work all around but it does keep things in the cycle.  Many states have some recycling we also have it for glass and plastic pop and beer containers.

• Like 2

wow! is  Kentucky that far behind the times ?? here you have recycle aluminum cans, whether cold drink cans or beer cans, we have a guy here here who will take them, for the the little bit of money he can get, but i think he drinks more then anyone i know, his people / family call him uncle candy.... 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

wow! is  Kentucky that far behind the times ?? here you have recycle aluminum cans, whether cold drink cans or beer cans, we have a guy here here who will take them, for the the little bit of money he can get, but i think he drinks more then anyone i know, his people / family call him uncle candy.... 

Yep! they haven't put any money on a refund. i worked the bottle room at Kroger when there was a price set on bottles. i still think there should be.

before the aluminum cans took over. y'all, most of you are to young to remember. twas a while back. $2.25 was minimum wage. money went further.

i think it got up to 3 cents a bottle, and eventually a nickle. then came aluminum cans.

"his people / family call him uncle candy...." .,  i don't get the uncle candy part, must be tenn. slang.

Edited by LedFTed

I keep all my empties. Just got $56 back the other day!!! You’d be crazy to toss em here as the $$ adds up!!

• Like 2

found my post on the music thread, was 11/15/2020, then it was three weeks old. when i first noticed the shortage, also it done already hit the soft drink isle.

19 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

I keep all my empties. Just got $56 back the other day!!! You’d be crazy to toss em here as the $$ adds up!!

was a time you would find people on the side of the road collecting cans. this also says that some in Ky, dont mind tossing cans out the window, including pop cans.

well, you shouldnt be driving while drinking, and if an officer of the law sees empty cans, out the window they go, for ya get pulled over. it didnt matter if ya was drinking of not,

just having an empty container was enough. that put can collectors of cans out of business. somewhere, there might be logic to this, i just cant figure it out.

i can see somewhat why beer drinkers toss cans, but why do soft drink people do that. plus they toss stuff out from the drive thru. cant they wait, till there home.

sorry, i just realized i was talking too much. i got carried away.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LedFTed said:

his people / family call him uncle candy...." .,  i don't get the uncle candy part, must be tenn. slang.

no, lol it's not tenn slang, just what they nic named him because he was always asking for cans = candy.

• Haha 1

On a side note:  Boeing just recertified the 737 800 Max as safe to fly.  If one of these lawn darts in there will be no shortage of scrap aluminum for our beer cans.😳

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

We have lots of aluminum, the government has tariffs on it right now tho, things will probably change soon.

"'Led'Ted  , I got a feeling  if the Candyman came over to your place he could retire with all the aluminum cans , LOL 

I drink long necks most of the time , they taste better to me , if fresh  -----    no bottles  on the trails 

• Like 2

i have to make a slight correction on the nic uncle candy, they also called him andycan, being his first name is Andy, that nic he hated,but i have to hand it to him, he did make money, why he never got busted for having open containers in the bed of his truck ? is beyond me, because a many weren't sack up, or cruched, he never worried them blowing out because his had a camper shell. 

13 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i got your answer get a keg, sure fire answer! 

Too much work strapping it down to the wheeler! 🤤🤣

• Haha 2

On 12/7/2020 at 6:39 AM, Fishfiles said:

"'Led'Ted  , I got a feeling  if the Candyman came over to your place he could retire with all the aluminum cans , LOL 

I drink long necks most of the time , they taste better to me , if fresh  -----    no bottles  on the trails 

i got rid of my cans, i did get bottles, but Bud got in the habit of loose tops on the bottles. no cans on the trails neither, plus they compact better. lol, how you compact those bottles?

i don't think there's a shortage yet, but there sure will be a dent in supply's over next few days, i went to get some dip this morning, and a 1/2 gallon of v-8 , and the cooler was picked almost clean! dang hoarders..... i bet moonshine prices have hit an all time high around here. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Let's hope there is no beer shortage , that would be terrible for me !!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only wish i still knew some Shiners. Bud is back after two weeks or so. near if not three. last i had some shine, it was going for 25 a quart. it was extra smooth. :classic_smile: knock ya on your arse.

On 12/7/2020 at 4:39 AM, Fishfiles said:

I’ve always preferred bottles over cans! 

however... are u sitting down? Plz do so for this...

24 Bottles of Labatt Blue = $60

15 Cans Labatt Blue = $35

So it gets insanely expensive for me.. I keep saying I’m gonna make home brew.... 

Fun Fact.. Labatt Blue brews Budweiser! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Let's hope there is no beer shortage , that would be terrible for me !!! 

hm, i might invest in stocks each holiday......this could be a money making idea, eh ? 

2 hours ago, Wheeler said:

24 Bottles of Labatt Blue = $60

Holy cow! I get that box here for $16 out the door! Its good beer too!

• Like 2

Just now, retro said:

Holy cow! I get that box here for $16 out the door! Its good beer too!

If I could get them for $16 I’d be an outta control alcoholic compared to a functioning alcoholic !

• Like 2
  • Haha 2