LedFTed

beer shortage

24 cans of beer here are 38 bucks. They dropped the price so we would stop going across the boarder to Quebec and buying the cheap beer there...

• Like 3

$19.99 for 18 bottles of Coors Lite , $21.99 for 24 cans ---- a big bottle of Crown Apple is $50 

• Like 2

Guess I should have said that u can getter Coors or Bud ect cheaper or on sale.. Blue is just plain expensive!

• Like 2

cant travel to canada to try Blue. good beer is worth a few cents x-tra. maybe not that much? heard from the local grocer, after the 25th, they can only get bottled beer.

maybe up in Louisville, some cans will still be available, but not for long. seems like beer bottles used to hold some value. then came the cheap glass, an aluminum..

anyway the local store had some 18 packs. i jumped on this, only 5, i got two, an left three. i didnt want to hog it all. just a little.

get up Louisville way, its open season. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

cant travel to canada to try Blue. good beer is worth a few cents x-tra. maybe not that much? heard from the local grocer, after the 25th, they can only get bottled beer.

maybe up in Louisville, some cans will still be available, but not for long. seems like beer bottles used to hold some value. then came the cheap glass, an aluminum..

anyway the local store had some 18 packs. i jumped on this, only 5, i got two, an left three. i didnt want to hog it all. just a little.

get up Louisville way, its open season. :classic_biggrin:

I’ve bought Labatt Blue in the states before. It’s considered an import beer. Picked it up in Indy & Minnesota at my sisters place..

• Like 1

I wish I could still drink beer. Found out many years ago it makes my hay fever go wild. Took several thousand bottles before I figured it out. I can get away with one occasionally, especially in winter. So I switched to whisky. Now years later I have discovered Pendleton Whisky. Excellent stuff.

• Like 1

Y'all are makin' me thirsty! Quit it.... err... don't stop.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Wheeler said:

I’ve bought Labatt Blue in the states before. It’s considered an import beer. Picked it up in Indy & Minnesota at my sisters place..

back when i would drink, it was coors, or bud,  never did get a chance to try that beverage ? must be good suds. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PROV said:

I wish I could still drink beer. Found out many years ago it makes my hay fever go wild. Took several thousand bottles before I figured it out. I can get away with one occasionally, especially in winter. So I switched to whisky. Now years later I have discovered Pendleton Whisky. Excellent stuff.

Try Pendleton Rye 1910 it’s great!

2 hours ago, Goober said:

Try Pendleton Rye 1910 it’s great!

I believe I will, thanks 👍

On 12/21/2020 at 11:52 PM, retro said:

Holy cow! I get that box here for $16 out the door! Its good beer too!

Yeah, but Wheeler's prices are CDN $$'s, so that's like $4 US.

• Haha 1

Bud go's for $23 a 30 case. course it helps i like it.  i seen some Falls City beer in the store the other day. [Louisville, beer], i can drink that stuff too. i thought they quit making it.

i had to quit drinking PBR, when it got to sweet, same with Miller. course i prefer mustard over catsup, an think mustard is sweet. catsup is too sweet., only for salty fries.

Did i ever tell ya, i aint quit right. Welp, so it is. :classic_biggrin:

On 12/22/2020 at 10:43 PM, PROV said:

Hop's?

1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

Hop's?

Yup. 

One of my favorite sayings:

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy.

• Haha 2

i hurt from smiling. ^^^^ PROV

Edited by LedFTed

I have crate covers (the covers over 4 wheelers when they come in) full of cans. I think i have 5 of them out there plus numerous bags in various sheds. I started running the cans through my chipper/shredder and I can get about 6 bags into 1 now.

I very seldom drink beer unless when riding or cutting wood. The captain is always calling me when I'm at the home base. I have a heated shop, game room with regulation dart board and pool table, I cook and centrally located with all the friends so my place is the go to place. I get a lot of cans through out the year and scrap prices have been in the dumps. I started smelting some of them a few years ago to help get rid of waste oil as well but that got thrown on the back burner before I ever perfected it. I swear I use to have a lot more time to do worthless things...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

some are still trying to figure out how to bit rid of bottles, but i don't think a chipper would be good for that purpose, maybe the old fassion way pick them up out of yard sack them, and haul them off ?? 

7 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

some are still trying to figure out how to bit rid of bottles, but i don't think a chipper would be good for that purpose, maybe the old fassion way pick them up out of yard sack them, and haul them off ?? 

There was a few bottles in the bags I was dumping into the shredder and lets just say there was no sign of them after that. I haven't been brave enough to run some purposely through it though. lol

• Haha 1

was a time that glass bottles were something. now its cheap glass, an nobody wants it.

We have a trailer uptown that you can dump your recyclables in.  Recently they put a "No Glass" sign on the side.  From what I've read, recycling glass costs more than making new glass, so nobody wants to fool with it.

The city recycles cardboard, so I toss all the Amazon and Ebay boxes in the back of the truck, and when it gets full, I run down to the city cardboard bin and toss it all in. 

Cans go to the old lady who has cleaned house for my great-grandmother, my grandmother, and my parents over the years.  I was paying her a little to iron my work (day job, bidness casual) clothes when Covid hit, and I told her she needed to stay home and safe.  Figured this was a good time for her to "retire".  I'm still paying her what I was when she was working.  It isn't much, but she wouldn't have taken it if I'd just told her to retire/ if I hadn't used Covid as an excuse for her to stay home.  She's always collected cans and sold them, so I keep a big trashcan on the patio and when it gets full she gets them.

I'm not a dang hippie, but I also don't like the amount of waste/trash we produce, so I try to be somewhat conscious of what's going in the landfill and what can be recycled.

• Like 4

I am going to try and add to the beer shortage this long weekend !!!!  ---- you'll's better stock up !!! LOL 

• Haha 1

reminds me, of teds idea for a semi truck load, i bet some went that far this time, lol..... the mud park down south of me always has super big ride over the New Years weekend, im already hearing cb traffic from people on the way there, and with all the rain that came down its sure to be a mud feat this year. 

• Like 2

I forget my idea. refresh my memory. was it about bringing Georgia Peaches , up here, they talk so nice, or bringing a load of fruit., peaches.  :classic_laugh:

Edited by LedFTed