FishinDawg

Rubicon carburetor fitment

I'm able to get a new Honda carb from a friend for practically nothing, however it is part #16100-HN2-013 which is listed for 01-03 Rubis. The 04 carb is #16100-HN2-A01. My question is, would the -013 be fine on my '04? I don't see what the difference would be. If it works like I assume it should, I'd rather just put the new carb on rather than deal with cleaning/rebuilding the old one. 

Use it.

The 00-03 Rancher carbs have a different part number than the 04-06, but they interchange perfectly. 

The 01-14 Rubicon engines were all more or less the same (later ones had updated oil pump).

Use it.  It will work fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Use it.

The 00-03 Rancher carbs have a different part number than the 04-06, but they interchange perfectly. 

The 01-14 Rubicon engines were all more or less the same (later ones had updated oil pump).

Use it.  It will work fine.

Thank you, good to know! I had a feeling there shouldn't be any difference but wasn't completely sure. 

Just to follow up, I got the new carb put on the Rubi over the weekend and there was one difference I found on the -013 carb. The fuel inlet valve was a slightly smaller diameter than the one on the -A01 carb that came off. Nothing that tightening a small hose clamp around the fuel line and inlet valve didn’t fix...just throwing that out there for anyone that runs into a similar situation. Ironically enough, it went into limp mode just before putting the new carb on and was giving a code for a tps sensor...the new carb came with a new sensor on it thankfully.  

Put everything back together, reset the ECM and the Rubi idles and runs like brand new now. 

• Like 4