Fishfiles

Honda 300 Pic Thread

Picked this one up last night.  Cost me a good chunk extra taking the wife and kids to dinner afterwards.

Kid I bought it from paid $200 for it, and listed it for $800.  He had a lot of offers of $500, and I told him I'd pay that for it if he didn't get a better offer, and he told me to come get it.

He knows where to find the deals, and while I'm sure he's making good money off of me, the stuff is still below market most other places, and I don't have to drive far. 

This one has 12" wheels on it too!

I have a rebuilt stock rear end in the shop I put together from bits and pieces I had around the shop (new bearings in the diff and brake housing, and new brake pads). 

Plan is to take the tan fenders off, put some green ones on, swap in the rear end and left CV, and recover the seat and flip it.  Haven't decided if I want to mess with the front brakes or not.  The rear brakes will work since I redid the rear end I have.

300.jpg

300 tank.jpg

3002.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Picked this one up last night.  Cost me a good chunk extra taking the wife and kids to dinner afterwards.

Kid I bought it from paid $200 for it, and listed it for $800.  He had a lot of offers of $500, and I told him I'd pay that for it if he didn't get a better offer, and he told me to come get it.

He knows where to find the deals, and while I'm sure he's making good money off of me, the stuff is still below market most other places, and I don't have to drive far. 

This one has 12" wheels on it too!

I have a rebuilt stock rear end in the shop I put together from bits and pieces I had around the shop (new bearings in the diff and brake housing, and new brake pads). 

Plan is to take the tan fenders off, put some green ones on, swap in the rear end and left CV, and recover the seat and flip it.  Haven't decided if I want to mess with the front brakes or not.  The rear brakes will work since I redid the rear end I have.

300.jpg

300 tank.jpg

3002.jpg

'96 model ?, if so ?, those were prone to defective c.d.i's from the factory. i see it has home made splash guards on the fenders. inside tank looks pretty good !.

18 minutes ago, shadetree said:

'96 model ?, if so ?, those were prone to defective c.d.i's from the factory. i see it has home made splash guards on the fenders. inside tank looks pretty good !.

Gotta take a closer look after work.  It was dark when I picked it up.  I'll put Rick's on the ones I keep, so I have a couple of extra 2nd Gen CDI's around to use on flip bikes.

It does run now.  Kid sent me a pic of it running when he bought it.  I was at his house picking up a load of parts and he showed it to me, and I said "if you don't buy it I will!", so he and his dad bought it and then I bought it from them.  Easy money for them.  Close by decent deal for me with the 12" wheels and tan fenders I'm always looking for.

I'll probably clean it up and wait until the next round of "Money from helicopters" comes from .gov.  People were paying stupid money for used beaters back in the spring when the first round of "stimulus" money was sent out.

• Like 3

I got a good set of flares from the kid in that $100 trailer load of parts the other day.  These homemade flares actually aren't too bad.  Kinda remind me of the old Bayou 300 factory flaps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

are my eyes deceiving me, or is she missing the rear axle hub castle nuts ? or are the hubs welded ? 

i dont see the castle nuts either...chances are..the hubs have been welded on the axle.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter.  I have a hub to hub 300 rear rebuilt and ready to go. 

Only think I'm hoping I can salvage from this rear is the brake baking plate/drum cover.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Doesn't matter.  I have a hub to hub 300 rear rebuilt and ready to go. 

Only think I'm hoping I can salvage from this rear is the brake baking plate/drum cover.

i'll give ya 100 bucks for the whole atv !..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We only got two days pheasant shooting this season due to Corona lockdowns. Last Saturday was our final day and I finally got to ride Turbo's 300. Happy new year from Ireland.

Molly and Paul on quad 261122020.jpeg

• Like 7

18 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

There was some idiot on his "For Sale" post on Facebook saying "it's only worth $300". 

Wonder if that idiot was me !!! LOL  

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Bluezulu49 said:

We only got two days pheasant shooting this season due to Corona lockdowns. Last Saturday was our final day and I finally got to ride Turbo's 300. Happy new year from Ireland.

Molly and Paul on quad 261122020.jpeg

Happy New Year Blue Zulu 

• Like 3

Guy is making and selling these Honda 300 club signs for $35 raw steel or $45 powder coated , I like it except for the 300 font 

image.png

• Like 1

Wilson , when you posted that 300 above ^^^ I thought it looked a lot like one of mine >>>>  then I found this one below and it looks a lot more like my other one , dang copy'cat'ers 

image.png

• Like 2