Fishfiles

Honda 300 Pic Thread

Well, can't say that I know anyone up that way LOL.

But as Fishfiles said, the lift builders will ship.

Figure about $1500-2K for a lift and stretch, that's with you buying the knuckles and axles (most use 05-11 Foreman 500 knuckles/brakes, and either custom axles or two right CV's from that same 500 Foreman).

A build like that white one will get into some $$$ for sure.  Lot of upgrades there that are pricey.

4 hours ago, 4x4traxFan said:

I was really hoping just to buy one already complete and when I saw that white one I got excited. The saying, “If it’s too good to be true, it probably is”, truer words have never been spoken. 
I’ve done the aftermarket upgrade gig with my triple black fox body mustang. To this day it sits in the garage collecting dust needing a tranny and clutch for well over a decade. Another saying, “You are only as strong as your weakest part” gives the saying in the first paragraph a run for its money….lol. 
Just don’t think I have the patience nor the resources to tackle an atv project of that magnitude in this stage of my life. 

Very well put ... I have so many different projects going on at the same time , I use to be able to spread the time and wealth around on each one , and have patience for the results ,  not so much any more , want to work  on things I can see the end of the tunnel before I start in 

Every now and then I see a really nice 300 rigged out , but they do go for big money --- thing with buying something like a jacked up 300 , you really have no clue what it has gone thru 

Just curious! Say I used my 2000 red 4x4trax as the donor and I’d be willing to give my 1995 tan 4x4trax for labor cost. How much more cash would be needed to make up the difference to build it just like the white one?

4x4trax. Hard to guess a price.  Everything has gone up “” dramatically “”  in price just recently.  One good thing I Don’t see portals on that white 300.  That will save you $3k plus.  Would guess 6-8 inch lift , Cobra axles , shocks   . 4-6 inch stretch.  Tires.  Rims.   Spacers. Gear reduction To spin them tires.  Center paddle.  I am guessing $6k and add some portals.  You could be at $10k  chris Clark is a good 300 kit builder.  

I'd say $2K for the lift with axles and knuckles.  That might not be enough, but just for poops and giggles.

350D rear end $400ish.

Tires and rims probably $1500-2000

88% gear reduction is $750ish

Center paddle wouldn't be too bad, maybe $200ish

That's $5350 without the cam, big block kit, clutch mod, or any cosmetic/plastic work.

A 4wd 300 in good running shape seems to be around $2K around here now, give or take. 

That's all just spitballing.  Might cost you quite a bit more be the time you nut and bolt it.

Editing to add, the 424 would probably run you $500-600 now by itself.  Didn't figure that in either.

For $7500, that was about the sum of the parts on it, if I had to guess. 

I don't have a pic of it, but a regional sales manager for Massey Ferguson ..... (Mr Smith) was diehard Massey .... And of corse I've always been johndeere... That being said Perkins did make some really good engines ... But the drive n hydrualic systems wearnt all that... So we had kind of a rival over the years... He always did his best to try and get us to swop.... (Never even thought about changing sides) anyways it was way before the 300 hit the market... He had a 86 250a had a cab inclosure something close to that one .. Only smaller .....told me he checked his cattle in the dead of winter... Heat coming up from the plant stayed just as warm inside... But looked like a box on wheels.... He's the one who got the wooly booger tires ... So popular, that is till mudlite showed up.. And took all the atv tire buiness over..... I still would rather have what @Wheeler ,n @Goober have... But that setup is nice! ..... I agree! 

• Like 2

Not a 300 , but worthy to hang with them --- 37" tires 

image.png

• Like 1