_Wilson_™

Fire wood burners

went out surveying .... the the blow downs from the last couple of storms .. luckily ... these two monsters .. are just right down the road.... although. the main thing is ... i haven't seen any homes, barns ,buildings  damaged .... but a few have been without power for 4 days ... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

Well it isn't necessarily firewood weather but I am a tad behind this spring so out knocking some wood with my splitter today.....

Splitter.jpg

• Like 3

You are a hard working man and would do well in some fun UP livin' bcsman!

nice! that looks to be Kohlar powered ?? i like where the hydraulic tank is located. with mine i had to add log catchers... but your setup would be a lot easier on the feet! what ton is she ? 

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

nice! that looks to be Kohlar powered ?? i like where the hydraulic tank is located. with mine i had to add log catchers... but your setup would be a lot easier on the feet! what ton is she ? 

6.5 hp Briggs engine replacement for the original, right around 20 ton I think.  I bought it probably 20 years ago from Northern Hydraulic or whatever they are called now.  Have also replaced the valve a few years ago but been a workhorse for me.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, retro said:

You are a hard working man and would do well in some fun UP livin' bcsman!

I'm one of those idiots that really enjoys working hard retro....I can't sit still very long.  But yes you guys up there are able to have more fun being turned loose a little bit.  I saw the bars were busy last night at midnight when your lock in was modified.  Dow here we may still be stuck in our houses for the summer, so stupid.....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bcsman said:

I'm one of those idiots that really enjoys working hard retro....I can't sit still very long.  But yes you guys up there are able to have more fun being turned loose a little bit.  I saw the bars were busy last night at midnight when your lock in was modified.  Dow here we may still be stuck in our houses for the summer, so stupid.....

I think it is going to be a long summer for you Michigonians , your governor'ist wants working class , church going people to suffer , thinking you will blame Trump for it and vote democratic 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I think it is going to be a long summer for you Michigonians , your governor'ist wants working class , church going people to suffer , thinking you will blame Trump for it and vote democratic 

Yea I'm really reconsidering voting for Trump with all the lock in can't do anything last few months and who knows how long......NOT...🤣

• Like 1

Hahahaha just read Whitless extended our stay at home until June 12, gotta love her......NOT...😕

• Like 2

looks like a right good size mound of wood building .... have you ever thought of having your mechanic friend mod the wedge to a 4 way .... 

9 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

looks like a right good size mound of wood building .... have you ever thought of having your mechanic friend mod the wedge to a 4 way .... 

naw I'm not sure it's powerful enough for that, I can do alot of splitting fairly quickly and I'm not in any hurry usually...

• Like 1

I seen some stupid dangerous splitters on facebook and you-tube , one I remember is a car jack off the ground with a rim with no tire on the rear and a arm like a locomotive with a axe head on the end 

• Sad 1

yeah I've seen those ... 

heres another great design... lol.....   maybe dial down the rpm, and add just a tad more power and wheel weight for momentum .... for this rig..... 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Those videos always make me laugh / cringe. I'll stick to my axe 😅

Infact, I should be cutting wood... Lowest amount of wood I have in 6 years. Only 4 cords done and by this time I have an easy 20. I'll have to look for some standing dead/dried wood. Haven't we figured out how to do 40 hours in a day yet? Heck I barely have time to visit the forums nowdays!

• Like 1

good to see you back in the forums agian bud! ..... 40 hour days ?? lol, maybe like 18 hour days here, with the heat oustside .... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, machinecrook said:

Infact, I should be cutting wood

yea...... i need to get busy myself ..... just going to wait till this heat wave is over .... i believe Bcs maybe already done with his .... for this season ?? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is about as big as a tree gets around here. Rifle is for reference I guess. Lol. 

Screenshot_20200711-123605_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Dredd
  • Like 3

On 7/10/2020 at 7:47 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

yea...... i need to get busy myself ..... just going to wait till this heat wave is over .... i believe Bcs maybe already done with his .... for this season ?? 

Yea got my wood pile done for the winter.  I do have to cut this fall to also fill my basement but usually do that with seasoned ash wood that I can cut and burn now.  My son and I also need to cut a couple face cord for his fireplace, but yes my main cutting is done......

Figure there's around 15 face cord in the pile, it's pretty wide too....

wood pile.jpg

• Like 5

good deal! myself, and my father just purchased 70 more acres this morning..... that backs the back side of my place here, he's going to run cattle on it, and i get the wood, and a cut of the cattle sells ... so, .. I'll have more exploring to do, a plus is it's loaded with standing osage orange trees.... but i still have to do something about that aggravating spring branch crossing... 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, bcsman said:

Yea got my wood pile done for the winter.  I do have to cut this fall to also fill my basement but usually do that with seasoned ash wood that I can cut and burn now.  My son and I also need to cut a couple face cord for his fireplace, but yes my main cutting is done......

Figure there's around 15 face cord in the pile, it's pretty wide too....

wood pile.jpg

Wow, that's a pile , my back hurts just looking at it 

• Confused 1