_Wilson_™

Fire wood burners

35 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

@PROVlooks good! i have a stihl fs250-R brush cutter ... been one  great machine, what type of brush disk do you use ? this is my favorite >> beaver blade (chainsaw disk) works great. 

image.jpg

Looks nice. I heard they quit making that type because of kick-back. Can't remember what mine is called. Made by Stihl and can be sharpened like a chainsaw blade. Works great. If you zoom in on the pic you can see it. If you need the specific name let me know.

@PROV you can still get them from dr trimmer .. but that's the only thing I'd purchase from them..lol!  the deal with the chainsaw disk is .... simple .. you want the sawdust / chips coming your direction ...never north! heres another model.. but far as i know the beaver is the only one the chain can be replaced on...THX! sure! send me the specifics on the blade you use! ... 

figure it like this ... if your stihl engine is clock wise ... you blade is going to spin counter clock wise ...because of the lower gear box ...not like a curve shaft (cable drive) cutter. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

@PROV you can still get them from dr trimmer .. but that's the only thing I'd purchase from them..lol!  the deal with the chainsaw disk is .... simple .. you want the sawdust / chips coming your direction ...never north! heres another model.. but far as i know the beaver is the only one the chain can be replaced on...THX! sure! send me the specifics on the blade you use! ... 

figure it like this ... if your stihl engine is clock wise ... you blade is going to spin counter clock wise ...because of the lower gear box ...not like a curve shaft (cable drive) cutter. 

image.jpg

Here's the blade and pic of the blade close up. Each tooth cutting edge alternates like a chainsaw blade. The back of the box list's the FS250 as one of the machines it fits. Was 20some bucks. Haven't had to sharpen it yet.

IMG_20200915_203622134_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200915_203914691_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Those are just the standard cutting blade, you can get carbide blades for them, i have about 5 different blades for mine here, i have a fs560.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

@PROVthanks! .... i take it, it's a carbide tip blade ? 

Nope. Like TB says it's standard steel.

• Like 1

Well crap.  I'd gotten the idea of getting a brushcutter out of my head.

Now it's there again.

• Haha 2

Here's my saw and brush shredder blade, its my favorite for small brush under an inch...

Saw pic wont load...

20200916_120242.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Well crap.  I'd gotten the idea of getting a brushcutter out of my head.

Now it's there again.

li figured your father had one stashed away some place ? 

the tri blade (as i call it) works good... i use this most of all ... and the other one ... eh.... it works okay but nothing to brag over ...just plain steel. the beaver only gets used inn a rock free area .. so far I've been lucky not hit any old fence wire.. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

i get a kick out  the description and attitude of you pop ... I'll say this ... my pop, and yours see eye to eye ... lol.... even though I'm in  several  hundred thosand $$$ land deal on 70 more achers ... i still can't use his equiptment on this my place even tho... I've kept all if running great. go .. figure .. i reckon ... when the good book says honor thy father, and mother ...it stuck with me. .... something alot people don't know nowa days ... 

• Like 1

Dad wouldn't let me use his new Farris Zero Turn to mow my yard last week until I had walked my yard and pulled weeds (and it had to be done in a pattern no less, no "just walking around and pulling one here and there).  Said he didn't want my weed seeds on his mower where they'd drop into his yard.

I just mowed with my old John Deere again.  LOL

My yard looks 100x's better than his does, but he still wants to be a hardass about it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

my pop used to give me heck about moving the hay equipment to a defrent farm....  because of weed seads .. so... i broke out the leaf blower to clean the machines off  ... i think that idea made him even more stubborn ... because it worked .. lol! ... run that idea across tour pop...  MAYBE there's a chance it will go okay .... 

• Like 1

Spent the start of grouse season switching out the black pipe to Selkirk metalbestos and the wood stove at my son's new hunting shack. Lot's of laughs cutting the brick out to bigger diameter.

IMG_20200921_222520648_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200920_073606820_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

Prov , Dixie Ranch Hunting Club in Slidell has that same stove / heater in their lodge which looks like 100 years old , I have been there in the winter and that pipe glows red and that sucker puts out some heat 

It's a Jotul 118. Made between '76 to '83. Really nice enamel finish and there is a baffle plate between the main box and the upper. Rake coals to the front, load wood. As it burns it's way to the rear on the door edge of the wood the gasses travel forward past the baffle and then to the pipe outlet at the back of the stove. Very efficient. Here's a nicer picture.

IMG_20200920_080201814.jpg

Edited by PROV
  • Like 3

we had a couple of those in tobacco stripping rooms ... sadly they ended being stolen ... but those old cast iron burners are great! the damper really helps ... regelated the rate of burn.. and helps hold the heat in the burner .. i see y'all's has a thermostat ... i like that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

we had a couple of those in tobacco stripping rooms ... sadly they ended being stolen ... but those old cast iron burners are great! the damper really helps ... regelated the rate of burn.. and helps hold the heat in the burner .. i see y'all's has a thermostat ... i like that. 

Actually that's a stovepipe thermometer.

• Like 1

So is that gumbo in the pot ? LOL    Or do you'll boil water to put humidity back into the cabin ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

So is that gumbo in the pot ? LOL    Or do you'll boil water to put humidity back into the cabin ? 

Always kept a pot of water on the old Firetite back in the day. I bet it's just water

20 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Pot is filled with water for washing dishes or showering.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that's old school ... lol ... been there before ... at least say you wash the dishes 1st!  lol 

Saves propane. We use bag showers outdoors. Might build an enclosure sometime. Can be refreshing showering in the snow. We can only get to my hunting shack by wheeler so gotta innovate.

• Like 1