_Wilson_™

Fire wood burners

I try not to run my saws in this kind of weather, been 90 up here last few days.  But I guess when the wood is available you dont turn it down.  Thankfully my woods always says hey the wood is ready whenever you are.....

• Like 6

Little bit of wood there. Wheelers been there since Friday night lol

wood pile june 21.jpg

• Like 6

Here’s my Dad’s wood burner. From Santa Maria Grills. It’s at least 20 yo. He never liked it because he couldn’t control the flames—but you don’t cook over burning wood, you cook over coals.

i used 100% hardwood charcoal and it works great. Took it to the campground last weekend and everyone used it lol! Here’s a couple big beef Tri tips and a slab of venison backstrap. 

448ECEF9-8E7D-41C2-9765-77CEC21D6FC7.jpeg

9644AF4A-99E9-4E4E-870F-AF5E0538B0FA.jpeg

• Like 5

I like the jar idea for the meat clamps , think plastic would be better for me than glass , as it might get knocked over and broken , going to steal that idea 

• Like 2

Got this old noisy wood splitter from my g/f's mom. Works, but loud, likely the pump is on its way out 😮

splitter.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ATC4ever said:

Works, but loud,

Might just be low on hydraulic oil, pump cavitating air...?

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 1:32 PM, Fishfiles said:

I wouldn't trust my wife to pull me like that , she'ed " skull drag " me ( bike upside down on top of me , with my head dragging the dirt and keep on going wide open ) !!! 

i seen the results of your wife driven, on the old forum. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LedFTed said:

i seen the results of your wife driven, on the old forum. lol

Lol. 

11 hours ago, retro said:

Might just be low on hydraulic oil, pump cavitating air...?

Naw she's right up to the top. Works good, could be the motor as it was dropped years ago before i got it & landed on the bottom of it 😮 

July... after the crazy hot June, & had a fire in the old cast iron stove at the camp last night, & today i lit one in the basement as well. 😮 

fire july.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/3/2021 at 11:31 AM, ATC4ever said:

Got this old noisy wood splitter from my g/f's mom. Works, but loud, likely the pump is on its way out 😮

splitter.jpg

I have a similar harbor freight electric splitter.  I put it on a stand and control it with a foot switch instead of the finger switch (the finger switch was momentary and I replaced it with an on/off switch).  This is the foot switch I use: https://www.harborfreight.com/momentary-power-foot-switch-96619.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMjE0ODk4OTQiLCJza3UiOiI5NjYxOSIsImlzIjoiMTIuNTkxMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAxIn0%3D&cid=paid_google|||96619&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&gclid=CjwKCAjwuIWHBhBDEiwACXQYsUDn4Eg1L8wrW_musC4bF_E7lEEzqx92iJ9k8vnNE_spudzOSvtwjhoC4_MQAvD_BwE

• Like 1

@ATC4ever does it quiet down once it warms up ? could be just cold oil, any chance this model has a lovejoy coupler that might be going out ? can you post a short video ? i think fish had one go out a while back, but i don't recall if he described the noise it was making, if any. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

There's a constant whine to mine to, I think it's the Chinese pump, nature of the beast...lol

I have a 4 ton here in my basement

• Like 3

my pump has a whine to, which changes when it cold to when it warms up, under load, idling,  and cycling back, i put new oil in, a new filter, and the whine is always there, i kind of like it myself, just like the transfer case whine a 300 4wd makes, lol 

• Like 2

Hydraulic pump on my JD 2640 whines, but has done it since I got the tractor 10 years ago, so I"m just running it.

• Like 2

you know, that just rang a bell in my head, jeep our 3630 did the same, and i figured what it was, the power steering o-ring packing had blown out, does your steering wheel turn by itself , either left or right ? to the stop ? or the pump change sound when you turn the wheel ?

50 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

you know, that just rang a bell in my head, jeep our 3630 did the same, and i figured what it was, the power steering o-ring packing had blown out, does your steering wheel turn by itself , either left or right ? to the stop ? or the pump change sound when you turn the wheel ?

Not that i've noticed, but I haven't really looked for that. 

Next time I get on it I'll check that out.

• Like 1

it is a power steering model ? the pump would be making  aintermittent sound, basically it's a twin to a 2630 my bad on the typeo >>> 3630 <<<  ours made that same sound, and i rebuilt the steering box, it should be right below the dash, just ahead of the shifters and pto clutch lever, should get warm to the touch after a while of running, just a note, those things are very hard to rebuild, and something else, the steering wheel will have a slight vibration, (hydraulic pulse)  when those o-rings go out, I'm not sure if you know there also a pre cleaner (kinda like what honda has in the 300, among other models) intake screen at the very bottom of the transmition, plus i gather you know where the filter is ? if you don't , I'll see if i can post some pics, I'll stick them in Bcs tractor thread. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

it is a power steering model ? the pump would be making  aintermittent sound, basically it's a twin to a 2630 my bad on the typeo >>> 3630 <<<  ours made that same sound, and i rebuilt the steering box, it should be right below the dash, just ahead of the shifters and pto clutch lever, should get warm to the touch after a while of running, just a note, those things are very hard to rebuild, and something else, the steering wheel will have a slight vibration, (hydraulic pulse)  when those o-rings go out, I'm not sure if you know there also a pre cleaner (kinda like what honda has in the 300, among other models) intake screen at the very bottom of the transmition, plus i gather you know where the filter is ? if you don't , I'll see if i can post some pics, I'll stick them in Bcs tractor thread. 

No but I noticed my PTO quit pulling when I was bushogging on a steep hill a couple of weeks ago, so I probably need to change the hydraulic fluid and make sure it's full.

I haven't done anything on this tractor other than change the oil, air filters, and alternator since I got it.  I'd love to see any pointers you can give me on it.

• Like 1

Well got to try out that splitter, works fine, just loud. I think its just the motor shroud is bent a little & the fan is hitting it. Got some more free wood from the City, tho its not real hard wood, i got it anyway & split it up right away. It can sit till next winter...

july wood 1.jpg

july wood 2.jpg

• Like 3

you got firewood from the city already sawed up ? you can't beat a deal like that, a fews years back, wolf tree service was clearing (topping trees) all around my area i got it all, and i didn't need any firewood that coming winter, but they kept me real busy... lol! i still call the boss man just to check on where there working, but lik i did,  someone closer  is always ready to snatch a good deal on free firewood.... 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

someone closer  is always ready to snatch a good deal on free firewood.... 

I cut up a fallen big oak limb on the empty lot at the end of the street (we own the lot).  Was going to go back up there and get it a couple of days later, and someone else beat me to it!

Stealing, but since it's an empty lot and I left it there for a couple of days they probably thought they were doing me a favor.

• Like 1

i had the samething happen to me, that tree at the end of my drive went down well part landed in the road so the county came out cut a path, i rushed down told them, I'd take it all, i asked did it have to be cleaned up completely today, the Forman said naw, just out of the road, just be sure to get the rest out of the shallow ditch soon, i said np...... so i started that day here's after i got done for the day, but some of the bigger parts i drug into the ditch, well the next morning i went down to get those bigger parts from the ditch, and low and behold.... some one had came during the night, or very early (before) 5 am, and collected the rest, i just stood there looking, shocked for a few minutes, later that evening i called dale (my neighbor right across the road) asked him did he hear any saw running, before i could say anything else, he said boy you really got started early this morning, i laughed .... and said well, dale that wasn't me.... someone came along and stole the tree... we both laughed, i said well, i have my answer, he laughed and said you know something, it's getting to where a person can't have anything nowa days, i said yep, i said i bet you could leave an old sofa out here on the side of the street, and it would gone by morning... haha! 

image.jpg

• Like 4

i was able to fine the pic related to that post ^^^^ the ones right beside the bike are kind of hidden, (more up the road out of camra view) but long... the other one up front, my guess would be plus 10-12 inches in diameter..... and all of it was gone the next morning ....the only thing left was the toppings.... and a small bit of mess in the road....degum thieves .... lol, i reckon someone was hard up for some wood... haha! 

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2