_Wilson_™

Fire wood burners

Just now, Fishfiles said:

I didn't take that video as being a real thing !!! >>> I think it is one of them videos  that only a man who has been running faster than intelligence for a while would try , LOL  

That would be me.  After I did it I thought "Now there is zero reason that would work, so why the heck were you dumb enough to try it?"

• Like 1

To continue from page 44 pictures show two very defrent stones..... I ave yet to really see if i can JUST the replacement stones, it's a good design (stones snap in, and out) if the stones were meant to be replace... I believe after a few minutes of sharpening... The darker stone put the fine edge on.... So far no real issues (fingers missing) chopping any food items, but it wouldn't take much effect to cut ... Kinda glad i got those shark bite proof / cutlery stainless chain link gloves... Lol the light gray stones goes with the upper sharpener in pic 2 but ether will exchange. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Found this maul at the flea market , he wanted $15 for it , what you'll think , I didn't buy it >>>>  Would you have ?  Do they work ?

9w8RpIpfQw6zw+Wzkonsow.jpg

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Found this maul at the flea market , he wanted $15 for it , what you'll think , I didn't buy it >>>>  Would you have ?  Do they work ?

9w8RpIpfQw6zw+Wzkonsow.jpg

After getting the fiskars splitting axe, I don't know that I'll ever use a maul again.  If the splitting axe won't get it (smaller stuff) I'm going to be using wedges and a sledge anyway. 

• Like 2

Got one just like it...... I'm with jeep, you'll need a sledge with that one.... I'd go with wedges and a sledge if that razor sharp fiskars won't do it... And i have yet to strike a chunk with the fiskars that didnt try and split with the very 1st lick... The only wood I've not tried locally is elem...... I hav yet to find anything that will handle elm .... Minus the hydraulic splitter. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

After getting the fiskars splitting axe, I don't know that I'll ever use a maul again.  If the splitting axe won't get it (smaller stuff) I'm going to be using wedges and a sledge anyway. 

Ditto on the Fiskars Splitting Axe.  It is awesome.

Friskars replacement warranty loopers they sent me had a problem , should have sent them back , the rubber hand grips kept twisting and coming off , pretty aggravating  , I had some glue from bike hand grips , glued them back on , let's see how long that is going to last 

cwTR1GFMTuCbSqcIe6zHrQ.jpg

• Like 1

Donor , a pressure washer that the pump locked up ----  the  splitter always hard to start , fairly easy swop , just one problem to solve in the future , the oil drain plug on the newer engine  is under the engine and now is covered and the port on side the engine where the old engineoil was drained is there but not drilled and tapped 

Z81w4qffTiyZI57Hdh5bvg.jpg

lD6DgUpGRAm0DTQjyiLU7A.jpg

• Like 1

If it doesn't have magnetic drain plug.... R you thinking cut a hole in the covered area to gain access to the plug location to plumb it ? I recon ground clearance wouldn't be an issue if the plumbing was right up (spaced in millimeters) next to plate... N plumb it out far enough to where you could get to it rather easily ?? Kinda like a remote drain like i would think some of those machines you've repaired before ? It's oli sling type engine, or pressure lubed ? It wouldn't actually be in the line of fire because that model looks like the one Dennis loaned me before purchased the one i have now....his has the vertical hydro pump like that of yours does... So there'd be some ? Pertection.... Motor looks good hardly used the fairing doesn't even look the slightest sun bleeched.... 

image.jpg

On 7/21/2023 at 6:53 PM, Fishfiles said:

Donor , a pressure washer that the pump locked up ----  the  splitter always hard to start , fairly easy swop , just one problem to solve in the future , the oil drain plug on the newer engine  is under the engine and now is covered and the port on side the engine where the old engineoil was drained is there but not drilled and tapped 

What is it with the pressure washer pumps locking up?

Father in law had a Karcher with a Honda engine on it.  Pump went out.  I sourced a replacment pump, put it on. worked fine for a few months, pump locked up.

I've had two different people ask me if I wanted a pressure washer than runs fine but doesn't build pressure (bad pumps).

So what is it on these things that seizes them up?

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 6:53 PM, Fishfiles said:

On my old Deere mower with the Kawasaki FV460 on it, there's a pipe sticking out of the side of the engine with the drain plug in the end of the pipe.  Could you screw a 90 deg elbow up in the drain hole where it is now, run a pipe out the side, then cap the pipe (or put a ball valve on the end of it)?

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

On my old Deere mower with the Kawasaki FV460 on it, there's a pipe sticking out of the side of the engine with the drain plug in the end of the pipe.  Could you screw a 90 deg elbow up in the drain hole where it is now, run a pipe out the side, then cap the pipe (or put a ball valve on the end of it)?

When a oil change comes around , I think I will take the motor off and see what I can so , right now the drain is covered by metal frame ----   it is really easy to pull the motor , 3 bolts and nuts , that's it 

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I think a lot of failures are due to people letting the engine run for too long a periods  and the trigger is not being pulled , the pressure is built up and starts generating heat , which damages the seal , then it looses the oil in the pump ---- the relief valves on those non-commercial pumps are not adequate , it is best to not let the engine run while not flowing water thru ----also you'll that live in the freeze zone , those pumps will hold water and freeze then crack the housing and lose the oil 

• Like 2

Splitter is working well ---- took out a tree in the yard , I think it was a holly, had pointy leaves that would stick you ---- getting ready to start burning on the stump 

TaC9xCO+QiSiOX4hS13rRQ.jpg

pjmEiOgOQZaTNFDZAyM6hw.jpg

E99VJnXSSAyNj+NsHmtWBw.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Father in law had a Karcher with a Honda engine on it.  Pump went out.  I sourced a replacment pump, put it on. worked fine for a few months, pump locked up.

I've had two different people ask me if I wanted a pressure washer than runs fine but doesn't build pressure (bad pumps).

You need to put in a particular type of RV  antifreeze after you are done.  Not only prevents freezing but lubes the pump 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

You need to put in a particular type of RV  antifreeze after you are done.  Not only prevents freezing but lubes the pump 

I do that at the end of the year.

• Like 2

Almost got that stump gone , maybe one more burn and it will be below BFE 

cA1wVVSXTkm6D5wTfKzzBQ.jpg

04PHcX3DSJO0unbr1AUT%Q.jpg

ps22o0wXS0m1RTNlQfY0hw.jpg

• Like 4

A guy was arrested in Washington Parish this weekend for having a fire during a Burn Ban , which burned about 200 acres , wonder what they going to do him ?   Not sure if any swellings or personal property was damaged 

image.png