_Wilson_™

Fire wood burners

Both of those buildings..... (To me) are beautiful ...... Rustic .... n, Like fish ....i Like that track splitter! Turbo.... Good to have you back with us.. And Waving a hand at @Bluezulu49 hope all of yaw are doing good. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Both of those buildings..... (To me) are beautiful ...... Rustic .... n, Like fish ....i Like that track splitter! Turbo.... Good to have you back with us.. And Waving a hand at @Bluezulu49 hope all of yaw are doing good. 

I priced a new splitter from Italy ag about €800 delivered ($1000 approx) but then I figured, since I only want to split wood a few weeks in the year, it would be pointless having one gathering dust in the shed thr rest of the year. So then I came up with the bolt on solution of an RSJ where I can use the tipping ram to push the wood through the axe head. It's easy to fit and remove using my digger and it stores away compact in the workshop.

All in, parts cost about $150 and it took about 4 hours to make everything. Also, because the dumper is a high tip, I can raise or lower the splitter to suit different work heights, depending on the person loading it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Turbo Twister said:

I like the box on the back of your tractor, what is the bar down the middle of it for? Is that a towball attachment at the very rear?

Thank you.  The bar is left from when the carry-all was a rear blade.  I left it for strength to drag logs.  I was concerned at first about it getting in the way, but really hasn't been an issue.  And yes, I welded a 2" receiver so I can move my splitter and trailers around with it.  I have a plan to buy a winch (around 3500# from Rural King or Harbor Frieght) and mount it to a removable bracket.  I can use it to drag logs with the tractor or use it on the 300.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2023 at 12:55 PM, Kipes said:

Copper Island better known as the Keweenaw. 

Copper Island , isn't that the place where their are ancient copper mines all over the place ? 

29 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Copper Island , isn't that the place where their are ancient copper mines all over the place ? 

That's the place Fish. They are all over the place here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kipes said:

That's the place Fish. They are all over the place here. 

Seem to remember  where some scientist theorize , that area  may have been  first mined   by extraterrestrials  a very long time ago  and then more modern man mines were dug  on  top of the ancient diggings ....  if you believe in that kind of stuff , LOL 

• Haha 2

See why i worry about fish ^^^^ lol!.... Just know those and ALL questions will be answered if you can wait that long... Lol! You've got to be the most well rounded thinking person I've ever known... Book smart and common sence... That's a very rare quality .... Your brain must weigh in at about 4 plus lbs... Being the average is around 3.3... No telling what your IQ is.... I'd guess at least 140 plus points possibly ... 160.. That's extreme... 228 I'm Purdy sure is the record... ( a savant holds that position).... 

Hey WH (if you don't mind that handle shortened) ... Do you have anti sway bars (turn buckles)  or blocks on the 3 point hitch (2 lower drop arms) i was wandering if she sways in the back... Not that it would have that much effect on a small rig like that, by the way what brand tractor ? Shade ... (I don know if you've had the pleasure of meeting him yet)... Lol he builds repairs honda utility quads... He's also into tractor repairs now...... And me ? I tend to ramble in all deferent directions..... Mostly off the rails.... Sigh... 

• Haha 1

Wilson.  Yes that machine come with turn-buckle style anti sway bars.  I keep them very tight also.  Even though its small, they can sway enough to jump the tractor side to side if they are too loose.  And yes, WH is just fine.  

It's a Massey Ferguson GC 2400.  It's actually made for Massey by Iseki.  They make great small diesel tractors.  They aren't as popular as John Deere or Kubota, but the reviews on them were great and I have had zero complaints.  They are a bit cheaper then the green and orange ones lol

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kipes said:

Just a few of the copper nuggets I have found...

20230910_125255.jpg

Does the copper nuggets have any valve like shown above ^^^^^^^. Could you even legally sell it.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Does the copper nuggets have any valve like shown above ^^^^^^^. Could you even legally sell it.  

Oh yes, a lot of people around here use copper picking as a side gig to make money lol and copper prices are usually pretty good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yesterday evening my buddy , came over to cut some trees on the deer lanes , he bought this china knock off Stihl off Amazon for $129 , we pulled on it for 20 minutes , never did get it started of even pop for that matter , it has spark , compression and the plug is getting wet with gas , starting fluid will not even make it pop ---- beware of the WangWoo 

5CD60E26-92F0-4C22-A3FD-E2C2A5B1F9E4.jpeg

F4B2698C-D38F-436B-B597-4D11E11A772F.jpeg

On 10/8/2023 at 5:13 AM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

LOL.  Looks like something I would do.

I had some huge limbs cut in my yard last week.  Spent a good bit of time cutting wood Sunday, and hauled some out to my buddy's hunting cabin for him.  I was sore as ! yesterday and still am today!

• Like 1

@riverc    , this is kind of over your way , eh ---- My sister-in-law's brother got arrested and taken to jail in Albany , Louisiana , for breaking the burn ban , he has a court date , I'll keep you'll updated on what they do him 

• Confused 1