HondaHunt

Short Winter Ride 06 Foreman 500

Melatv- it is in as close to showroom as I will ever get, I about broke my arm getting my billfold out.  It's a case wherein I knew it's full history from day one. It now lives with old reliable, my 93 300 FW.  Couldn't be happier that they are friends. 

IMG_20201125_112311353.jpg

• Like 6

Yeah my 06 is noooooo where near that nice. But I hardly had to stub a toe for what I paid for it with 1st gear gone. 

Sled_22 the bike has never pulled a trailer or anything like that, no mud holes just rides to tree stands and it did visit Gunnison one season that transported previous hunter several miles to hunt area but other than that I am hoping first gear is also like new, I know it shifts very easy and is super quiet. Some have told me unless it was abused or if I don't plan to abuse it I will not have any 1st gear issues for a very long time if ever. Hoping for the best.  All I do is hunt and take scenic rides, no plans to abuse this bike. 

IMG_20201221_105355705.jpg

• Like 5

Yes the 300 starts in the first half second no matter the temp, at least down in low single digits. I love my 300 it's just so nimble in the woods has all the power I need and just doesn't break down, I know they can't last forever but the bike is the Rocky Balboa of ATVs in my book anyway.  It's been with me for around 21 years and no major repairs just regular maintenance items.  I just can't say enough about a Honda 300 FW. 

• Like 4

I had an 04 Rancher in that same color. Mine was a great machine. Put 6000 miles on it before I sold it. 

I hope I get a chance to ride mine for that many miles.  I would be smiling for a year.   Something about cruising around on a Honda ATV that isn't easy to explain.  It's like being a kid again and smelling that engine on that little Honda 50.  You never forget it. 

• Like 1

The Honda name for the yellow is Starburst Yellow , I have heard yellow  called  mustard , the red is ketchup and the green is relish 

• Like 2

i think @Macarena Man coined the name mustard, of ketchup colored, ..... honda atvs ??  no clue where relish came from, but does make one think of a loaded hotdog, i guess the grey would be onions, or the bun ?