mrbb

critter pictures and ?

On 12/14/2020 at 8:05 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

hey jeep, this clip will make people twice about fishing in certain parts of the world, lol! 

Yeah I've heard of them biting small wooden boats in half.  Those idiots up in Hippo water in kayaks are going for Darwin Awards.

Gotta love the guy with the pistol, like that's gonna do anything but ! a hippo off!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I've never seen so many raccoons, no wander he was !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0eJzOgG9kCU

I tried my darndest to live peacefully along side of the raccoons.   After the trailcam caught one killing the mother and baby nesting Bluebirds I became aware.  When I got up to hit the can one night and saw one came in through the doggie door and was eating dog food out of the dog's bowl in the kitchen, war was declared. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

my step father left a grill drain container outside, and took a trip up north with his tv to get some body work done, and when they got back, the container was tippit over with greasy tracks all over his deck, and they had also raided his shed and located the chicken feed, (not stored in metal 50 gal drum with a cap, and clamp ring) each time i talk to him, i bring the great raccoon raid of 2020, it still gets him going ...... lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

is this the thread where the large snake jumps out of the water. anaconda maybe. some places i dont want to fish.  large snakes jumping out of the water, or a renter firing shot in your direction. i had permission to fish there. the guy that was renting there, was nuts. kinda glad, i didnt have a gun, or i'da fired back. just a thing.

Had a fox run through the front yard this morning. Must have been looking for rabbits and mice in the wood pile. 

• Like 4

On 12/28/2020 at 7:57 PM, LedFTed said:

is this the thread where the large snake jumps out of the water. anaconda maybe.

That was in the snake thread 

• Like 1

Was working on a machine at the crab dock this week past , both species hanging out together , looking for a free meal ,   these pelicans are very use to people and one actually let me pet him on his head 

yLjpS+QhRQKBigInLBmaPQ.jpg

iz5BnlwwQm6MXuGE2BDbHQ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to mention , the crabs have been running , my buddy's son caught 63 boxes on a two day set , that's over $12,000 minus the bait , fuel and deck hand pay , nice day of work , eh ---  but traps are over $50 each right now , he has 600 of them and runs 300 per day 

what bums me out is that the majority on those crabs are being shipped out the state , deleting our resoures , #2 crabs worth about $2 a pound here to the fisherman are worth over $10 a pound in Baltimore 

My buddy is fishing so far out right now , he is catching octopus in the traps , I asked him to bring me some , have ate them many times and they are pretty good , boiled then marinated in olive oil , vinegar and lemon juice  

6 hours ago, LedFTed said:

the middle man makes the money. time to eliminate that process.

I happen to know the guy transports them , 53 foot refrigerated trailers burning fuel , pull rigs , two drivers per truck  , fuel , and a two day trip with dead head load coming back ,  but $8 per pound is some serious money , then the crabs are bumped again by the wholesaler ,  and then bumped again by the restaurant , $ 2 buck crab is $18.99 on the plate  

• Like 2

Martello Tower this afternoon, half a dozen deer or so.... not sure why that is black outlined O: & right now in the front yard, about 3-4 deer. 

tower.jpg

deer yard.jpg

• Like 6

Normal evening in the side yard.  Heated water bucket on one of the septic tank lids brings 'em in.

IMG951407.jpg

• Like 5

Lynx tracks not far from home here, they are about 4" wide.

IMG_20210306_133557.jpg

Edited by TBRider
  • Like 5

Went to see the nearest Bald Eagles this morning.  One on the nest, the other about 100 yds away perched in a tree.  Pics taken with the phone at 4x looking through a spotter scope set at 20x.  Figure we were 200yds away on the opposite side of the river.  The nest can't be more than 75yds away from the 4 lane US36.

20210312_115836.jpg

20210312_114025.jpg

20210312_113240.jpg

• Like 6

In 2012 we were riding along a beach in Cook Inlet. Were scads of eagles hanging out on the bluff. My son was 7 and I was starting to worry a group of them would swoop down and carry him away. Last pic is a group we ran up on eating a pile of fish guts. Poor photos, camera phone back then wasn't very good.

Kenai-Cook Inlet-20120610-01039.jpg

Kenai-Cook Inlet-20120610-01051.jpg

Kenai-Cook Inlet-20120610-01052.jpg

• Like 6

This is why you point a camera at your other camera....lol

20210315_200332.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7