mrbb

critter pictures and ?

2 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

That's nice rescuing a Dolphin and all.  Especially for all those into virtue signalling.  It would have served those in need by being served up on a dinner plate and the resources spent on the rescue used to clean up and make repairs.  (Flame suit on)😂

Oh some animal lovers would be all upset if that happened 🙄 😴

7 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

@PROV that ones healthy! looks like, it might be ready to make a move on the camera man. 

He wasn't moving after I visited him the next day 😃

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

So you saying it would have been better to just let the dolphin die , cause they were just making a political statement any ways and it was a waste of resources in a time of need  , I am with ya , but dolphin are not good eating , it's the other dolphin that's good eating , mai mai 

Some people eat Carp.🤮

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PROV said:

uh hu..nice score!. keep poping them off! (wink wink) 

we have a mated pair of yotes...very aggressive...they took out the geese nesting on the pond this spring, they put a lot of pressure on the rabbits (as seen in this pic).  Cooler weather coming, I'll have to sit out in the tree stand and call em in.

yote with dinner.jpg

• Like 6

Last year we went out into the marsh fishing when we were in South Carolina.  The god absolutely despises dolphins. He said they have absolutely destroyed the population of other fish in that area like Red Fish,  and that since they are protected they are now overpopulated. 

Like deer have become in so many places.  Cute should never be a driving factor in animal management

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Last year we went out into the marsh fishing when we were in South Carolina.  The god absolutely despises dolphins. He said they have absolutely destroyed the population of other fish in that area like Red Fish,  and that since they are protected they are now overpopulated. 

Like deer have become in so many places.  Cute should never be a driving factor in animal management

I'd guess being a mammal makes dolphins  one pay grade higher , but  personally I am not a tree hugger , if it were up to me  , you wouldn't have to worry much about getting bit by a snake , alligator or shark as they would all be on the endangered or extinct list -------------  over the weekend a guy got chewed  up by a shark in the gulf 

A Coast Guard MH-65 Dolphin helicopter from Air Station New Orleans flew to the fishing vessel Moon Glow after a crew member was attacked by a shark. (CNN) A man was in critical condition after a shark attacked him, partially severing his leg, when he fell overboard while untangling fishing nets from a boat propeller in the Gulf of Mexico.

3 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

Some people eat Carp.🤮

Carp or crap ,  the same thing 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

i agree ^^^^ we have the same issue with turkey buzzards, and deer here now, (very well over populated)  if you kill a buzzard...... and TWRA finds out ..... your fined... with the chance of jail time, plus your vehicle, atv, tractor weapons. etc etc ... can be taken! TWRA can take your property, and do what they wish, but when a new born calfs  eyes are pecked out.... it's the farmers loss, same goes for deer. they destroy crops, if you kill one in your crop field, you have to let it lay (rot) and who suffers the over all loss ? farmers who are just trying to make a living enjoying what they chose for a profession whether it was a choice, or passed down from generations of family....personally, I'll kill them regardless of what the law says, and many other people also feel some critters need to be controlled..... it's really in the eyes who are effected IMO.... and that's how it should be..... those who go out just to kill animals.. well... there's something wrong with that, like i said before, it all depends on the situation...... and the MAN should go after the ones killing animals just to kill them, and not the ones protecting there own way of life..... as for animal rights activist ... KMA!!! and they beg for money ?? well let them and those idiot Hollywood actors pay.... where were the donations going anyways ?? who knows?? 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/28/us/lori-loughlin-prison-release/index.html

this mullet head and her husband should still be locked up for the stunt they pulled..... ex animal right spokes person lori loughlin. 

in short thank goodness for legal hunters..... 

maybe i should  think twice about killing a mound of fire ants. and land damaging dillas.... and farmers here should let wild hogs run wild ? 

Finally remembered to swap chips on my trail cam at the hunting camp. Here's a few pics. Plenty of timberwolves. Camera is 50 yards from the cabin.

IMG_0605.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_2653.JPG

IMG_2912.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

PICT0483.JPG

PICT3085.JPG

• Like 7

Wolves are a beautiful animal but the large number of them is really taking down the deer population. Turkey Vulture's and eagles have really rebounded since they got rid of DDT. Biggest killer of eagles now is each other battling for territory.

• Like 2

deer here have no known natural predetors...... and buzzards have been unchecked for years..... except for the few farmers / ranchers that take the chance to help keep the qnumbers down..... I've never even seen an eagle around these parts but there are a few species of hawks..... i have a couple red-tails the nest on my place, and help keep the rodent population in check.....

every once in a while i see them in my yard, i reckon squirrels are what they might be after.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PROV said:

Wolves are a beautiful animal but the large number of them is really taking down the deer population. Turkey Vulture's and eagles have really rebounded since they got rid of DDT. Biggest killer of eagles now is each other battling for territory.

I can see how people could say , " F " the eagles !!!   ----    I'll never shoot one ,  because of the $100K fine ---- but I could see how people would want to shoot them , there is a contractor / developer I have known for years in Chalmette La , he started a high dollar neighborhood development over 25 years ago , put millions of dollars into clearing , bringing in fill ,  laying water and sewer pipes , building road beds , fencing off the property , and the project is still sitting there unfinished because two  eagles  built a nest in the tree right by the entrance to the site 25 years ago and they come back every year to the nest , amazing that eagle was never picked off , $100K fine times two on a multi-million dollar investment is a drop in the bucket    

image.png

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Is they have finally opened a wolf season here Do to the fact that they are taking over. They reintroduced them into into the National Park National Park. Like that was going to keep them there. Is. They have decimated our elk population, I have seen videos of them killing for sport,  Leaving what they Is kill to rot, Or for scavengers. We can now buy tags I wish they would open it up like they did for coyotes here And allow them to be controlled by farmers and ranchers who are losing   livestock.

As far as eagles go we have them all over the place here. As far as eagles go we have them all over the place here, will see as many as 1/2 a dozen toa dozen sitting in an old dead tree together.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I can see how people could say , " F " the eagles !!!   ----    I'll never shoot one ,  because of the $100K fine ---- but I could see how people would want to shoot them , there is a contractor / developer I have known for years in Chalmette La , he started a high dollar neighborhood development over 25 years ago , put millions of dollars into clearing , bringing in fill ,  laying water and sewer pipes , building road beds , fencing off the property , and the project is still sitting there unfinished because two  eagles  built a nest in the tree right by the entrance to the site 25 years ago and they come back every year to the nest , amazing that eagle was never picked off , $100K fine times two on a multi-million dollar investment is a drop in the bucket    

image.png

Closing areas because of eagles is BS. I've seen tons of nesting eagles in populated areas. They are commonly seen in and over our town, along highways etc. Friend had them build a nest right over his cabin. They have a nest between a lake shore drive and a lake where we fish and they watch cars go by all day. You can't find a road killed deer on the side of the road without eagles and vultures on it. Sorry for your friend.

• Like 5

I like eagles, but they really should be relocated. Like Bill Nye once said, Man is an animal that also has to survive. Something like that...

I had 2 racoons (that likely live in the big maple out back of the house here) in my wood shed banging around in the night last night, big thud woke me up where they knocked a block of wood down. Not sure if they are a good thing for killing little varmints that live around the house, or a nuisance themselves ... -_- 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ATC4ever said:

I like eagles, but they really should be relocated. Like Bill Nye once said, Man is an animal that also has to survive. Something like that...

I had 2 racoons (that likely live in the big maple out back of the house here) in my wood shed banging around in the night last night, big thud woke me up where they knocked a block of wood down. Not sure if they are a good thing for killing little varmints that live around the house, or a nuisance themselves ... -_- 

I was tent camping once and heard a noise by my truck. Shined a flashlight on it and there were 3 racoons. One held the topper door open while the other 2 unlatched the lid to my food box. They ate my crackers. I hollered at them to get out of there until they left. The next night they took a bag of marshmallows out of the hands of a 4 year old at a site next to me. I wacked him with a piece of firewood. Night number 3 I got out my wrist rocket and some ball bearings. You should have heard the one howl that I hit in the forehead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On September 6, 2021 at 11:06 PM, PROV said:

nailed this one a fews years ago.... so far i havent seen one dilla sence.... not even one the road hit by a vehicle, and that is VERY strange....I've not even heard any of my farm friends say they have seen any... i don't know where they moved off to, just glad there gone, and the fire ant population is not as bad as it's been, maybe this was because of the extra wet / warm winter we had last season ? or maybe the fireants disappearing .... played a part ? 

image.jpg

• Like 3

This guy has been around for a few years now, but mainly showing himself at night. Started getting brazen past few months & the last 3 days in a row now (this very moment) is out running around the yards here trying to catch one of the squirrels.

foxxxy 1.jpg

foxxxy 2.jpg

• Like 3

He looks healthy and in general should be a good neighbor to have around.  They keep your rodent population down.  Not unusual to see one in daylight hours at this time of year.

• Like 1