mrbb

critter pictures and ?

On 2/4/2020 at 4:43 PM, Fishfiles said:

LedFted , if you got any tasty recipes for dem red squirrel , post it up on da food channel thread for all to enjoy ----- I like them deep fried crispy myself 

just fried so far. red squirrels aint much harder to clean than the gray ones, bigger too. i like reds better.

That's an impressive critter ... Um, fish, didnt you have a good snake discovery in your shop ?? Seams..... Like i recall an old post about that... 

• Like 1

That is a crazy snake pic --- it looks close to 7ft  long ---- it looks like the snake is biting itself ----also looks like the snake has enough slack to make a move on that hand 

Hey Wilson , I have had a few snakes in the year but nothing like that 

• Like 1

Yeah, nasty thing!  That guy turned that thing loose, I have a friend who is friends with this guy and they like to go out and look for those goofy things on purpose. NO THANKS! That was an hours drive from me and that's too close for me. I've only had one encounter with a Rattle snake and that was enough, they usually just rattle to let you know they're there then slither off while you run away screaming like a little girl. LOL

• Haha 1

Friend of mine took this pick out in North Dakota while he was loading his water truck at one of the well sites. pretty impressive for a Plains Muley

2453.jpeg

• Like 3

Fish,

Here's a field of sausages! You guys probably don't have Elk down your way, nothing better than elk steak or Elk burgers, awesome stuff.  Magnificent creatures besides. This was my first bull, not big, only a couple of years old but boy is it good eating.  Those big ones can sometimes be a bit gamey.  I normally shoot the cows, waaaaaaaay better eating.  I always throw the first few chunks into the frying pan when I start butchering.

PICT0174.JPG

20140924_130510.jpg

imagejpeg_0_1572205524842.jpg

20191027_180324.jpg

20191027_213532.jpg

• Like 4

I'd take those! WOW, huge! Love fish too! what lake are those out of? I'm not a fisherman but do like fish, pretty sure those would dwarf anything we have in this area.  I got to go to Alaska a few years back and was able to catch some salmon, that was awesome was able to do a little shrimping as well, brought home 75 lbs of fresh shrimp along with the fish.

• Like 1

It's a lake I'm not allowed to name in Ontario north of International Falls, Mn. Buddies cabin only accessable by snowmobile or float plane. 

Very cool! A lot of back country lakes out there.  I have a friend who is always inviting me to go up to the Churchill River.  I don't even know where it's at other than it is in Canada. Have never been able to go due to the time of the year they go, Always busy with gearing up to sell fireworks.  Maybe some day, they are flown in by float plane and have a cabin they lease. Looks to be a great time.

Some good eating there  FF. Do the same thing with deer, first thing I do is strip out the tenderloins, chunk one up fry it in a cast iron pan in butter a little salt and pepper, getting hungry just thinking about it!

@LedFTed reference to our conversation in the virus thread ... here's a pic of that player .... left to my family many moons ago.... i don't mess with it, just keep the wood clean... I've been advised  not to use any kind of wood treatment... it's a pathe freres phonograph. 

image.jpg

• Like 6

Had this girl in my yard which is pretty unusual around here.

IMG_20200512_194716228_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/2/2020 at 2:06 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

@LedFTed reference to our conversation in the virus thread ... here's a pic of that player .... left to my family many moons ago.... i don't mess with it, just keep the wood clean... I've been advised  not to use any kind of wood treatment... it's a pathe freres phonograph. 

image.jpg

a bit different, from the player we had once. it was like that in an upright way. i dont remember if you could store records in the player. it was 50 years ago. or so. just got a few records my mom saved. old hank, and a few.

2 hours ago, PROV said:

Had this girl in my yard which is pretty unusual around here.

IMG_20200512_194716228_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

looks tender enough

a bit different, from the player we had once. it was like that in an upright way. i dont remember if you could store records in the player. it was 50 years ago. or so. just got a few records my mom saved. old hank, and a few.

this model has twin doors for a massive record collection ..... the ones that are still in it are very old ... and quiet valuable !! so i don't mess with them often ... and have never played them ... 

Edited by _Wilson_™