mrbb

critter pictures and ?

25 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

My understanding is it isn't legal to purposely feed deer here in Montana. This part of an article that I read to understand it better and to make sure I'm making a true statement. 

"States where no deer feeding is allowed include: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

However, baiting deer is allowed in these states: Arizona, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, New Hampshire, Mississippi, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Utah, and Washington."

I just know while growing up I was always told we weren't allowed to do it.

LOL.  Well that's interesting, because I see feeders set up next to stands all over the place around here.  I guess they're breaking the law and I didn't realize it.

I honestly thought the law must have changed.  I remember putting up "squirrel feeders" when I was a teenager with one of my friends, which was just a gravity fed PVC corn dispenser attached to a tree. 

Now I see feeders all over the place with stands not too far off.   

I haven't ever deer hunted much, so haven't ever really looked into it. 

Editing to add, looks like it IS legal, but only on private ground.

From Arkansas Game And Fish site.

Feeding/Baiting Wildlife Prohibited

It is unlawful to feed wildlife within the CWD Management Zone, except:

• Bait may be used to hunt deer and elk on private land from Sept. 1-Dec. 31.
  • Food plots may be used year-round.

Day after Halloween clean up crew , PumpkinSpice sno-balls , yum !!!! 

On 12/29/2022 at 8:42 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

I think i might have posted here about one that tangled with a bush hog .... And lived made a full recovery, and the people who saved it ... Well kind of turned into a pet deal... But someone had taken shots at him.... So being they didn't won't anything to happen to him, because he would come around just as that in video did... They put a big (hunters orange) collar on him.... And put the word out he was not to be shot as a trophy ..... Even TWRA got involved.... Far as i know nothing ever happened , but as time wen on the TWRA told them for a certain time they could have the animal come around .... But then ... After that, they were to remove the collar.. And not treat him as a pet... But rather run him off.... Well during this last stage.. We hand land rented close to there place.... Ad every so often  he'd come to visit... The longer he stayed run off the more aggressive towards people he became..... Haven't heard anything about that for years now.... For the most part he was gentle... But times he would want to play fight.... I'd have to get out of reach of him and those antlers.... Lol! Sucker wasn't the least bit frightened by machinery ... This is funny.... But one day we were shelling corn, and my pops had unloaded and we had to check something on the bine... And here he comes .... Ran me off... And made pops climb  back into combine cab.... Lol!.... I don't recall who it was , but someone called the people who saved it told them the buck was back had us stopped from working ... So they came baited him back to there place ....we had a good laugh and went back to work.... You just had to be there... Me looking down from inside the grain kart...and pops looking out of the combine cab..... With the What the ! do we do now ....expression on his face.... Haha! 

@bcsman @WonderMonkey ^^^^^ lol! This Is that critter I was talking bout! Oh n I got another... mind blowing... I recon we had some of the craziest cows ever... sigh... this other involves a latter.. hay loft.. n crazy mid size bull..... it's not anything like you imagine.... now make note I was still a very young fellas when this took place... but.. anyways here goes... pop told me they had put out some square bale alfalfa... in the hay racks which u fill from the loft.. they run mid ways up to opening on the side side of the loft floor... well from his mouth... he told me.. they came back later to put out more... walked up the latter to witness a bull standing in the loft..... eating.... he had ate hay laying on the latter steps..same time he was eating he was climbing the latter.. so there ya go... just crazy.... they had a heck of a time getting him back down the stairs... haha! Same farm... we had a 1st calf heffer springing... she didn't know what was going on so we had to chase that fool all over in the rain...if you can picture 5 people on a 4440 cab johndeere ... my bud moser was standing on the front weight box, pop his highered hand and another guy were inside in the warm dry cab... I was on the back riding standing on the small hay spears... I don't recall how many hours we chased that nut trying to rope her from a moving tractor without getting the rope hung in the wheels...I may not have made much money but ya gotta admit it was one great life.... lol! Crazy as !!!! Haha!