mrbb

critter pictures and ?

that's just plain cute !! lol ....  back when my grandfather was alive .... he had a apple head chihuahua ... named holly ... what always got me was she was always bark ,Iike crazy when the wind blew from the north ... no idea why .... because back then, all there, was, WAS farm land ... same smell from each direction ... whether a storm blowing in, or not shed raise Cain ... 

• Like 1

i guess this would fall under the (and ?) lately i had noticed my front yard was being torn up yet again .... (same issue as last summer) so .... i set one of my vox fm transmitters up... low and behold ... about 2:30 am this morning ... i was alerted to racket .... so.. i grabbed the (b---h) 12 gauge ... walked out and caught another dillo headed for china ... anyways issue solved ... what i don't get is why the same exact area ?? ..(no ants anywhere close) . and this one didnt hop up in the air .. like the others I've shot / killed. 

image.jpg

thanks! that's the thing, jeep ... there are no Grub worms ... (least where ive checked) in this area ... but around my wood pile ... the ground is loaded with them... but no sign of moles, or dillos ... there was some type of mushrooms around this area last year, where each one grew... there where mole tunnels , and signs of dillos rooting the ground up... I'll see if i can get a pic ... of the shrooms

Armadillo! What a crazy looking animal! I thought they were only in the movies 😎😁

Edited by Dredd
  • Haha 1

When I came home from work there was a turkey buzzard eating something in the middle of my yard.  When I investigated this is what I found.  No sign of any part of the rear half anywhere.  Not sure if it was a coyotes, bear or farm machinery.  I dont think turkey buzzards are predators just scavengers. Maybe the vulture found it and carried it to my yard?  

IMG_1334.jpg

• Sad 1

the only run in's I've had with deer ... with farms machinery has been with ether brush hogs .... or disk mower, times they just get chopped up with a hog, but with a disk mower, or disk bine they tend to explode ... it's a terrible thing to deal with ..a few I've had to finish off but, when they go through a disk bine the roller crimpers ... have the last word ... heard a few stories of  deer going through a combine ... there is no surviving that trip.... a rotary combine machine is even worse ... i would imagine a flail has to be the worst..of all!  because most times the animal is still alive ... sorry for the descriptive detail.... fawns just will not move before its too........ ive actually stopped cutting hay ... and tried to run them out of the field before ..... last hay season Dennis hit (disk mower) two in my front lot ... nether made it. 

the one in your pic ... doesn't look like a farm machinery mishap ..... it would be damaged from head to tail 

Edited by _Wilson_™

Wison what you are saying about farm machinery makes sense.  I was thinking it was a possibility because it looked like a clean cut.  Now that you have stated your experiences I understand that it would be mangled. 

• Thanks 1

I don't know what to think about that fawn , very clean decapitation , I find animals  tear it up more like this ( pic below ) 

fullsizeoutput_b55.jpeg

• Like 1

Dang...i passed 2 moose in the ditch yesterday & was going to turn around & snap a pic... procrastinated 😖

• Sad 1

Forgot this little guy.. & the g/f's camera took a better pic of the 2 eagles.

2 eagles.jpg

hmmbrd.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

might have just bothered the wrong hippo......

Hippos look big and dumb, but man they are savage. 

We had the kids at the Memphis zoo when they were little, and were looking at the Hippos, and my oldest says "I like Hippos.  They're so graceful, and they're not dangerous".

Wife and I still make fun of her for that (she's 17 now).

• Haha 1

On 12/6/2019 at 4:08 PM, Bighanded said:

we have video of gray and red foxes up on this stump, rolling around on it like it's catnip..trying to get that scent all over them...funny..and yeah, the deer come right up to it and smell it...you'd think they would be worried about it instead of curious.

maybe they just want to mask their scent? my sisters neighbor was mad at me cause the dog came over an would roll in horse manure. what she didnt know was that it was put in my sisters garden for fertilizer. she was lucky i didnt have pigs. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by LedFTed