Wheeler

Implement Paint - Re-paint Hood/Tailgate..

Wheeler I may have missed it but how did you clean clean the plastics up? Looks good, also the racks was that rattle can undercoating 

or spray gun?

39 minutes ago, Little Red said:

Wheeler I may have missed it but how did you clean clean the plastics up? Looks good, also the racks was that rattle can undercoating 

or spray gun?

I used Novus Plastic polish & Meguiars ultimate compound with power polisher. I ended up using the Dupli-Color Bedliner on the rack. Yes, rattle can..

Just used a whole can of bedliner on the rear bumper & the centre lift up part of the back rack. This time around I hung the plastic I had, as to make it a paint booth of sort. They look great!

1BA3E0B6-9CEA-4CDC-8E56-FFF167DBF8BC.jpeg

A5737827-6C6A-471F-A81F-40C9061D03C5.jpeg

DDD518C1-71C0-449F-9C92-176736F1C944.jpeg

325AF968-641B-4716-8E16-E45C5DF97F28.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 3

Once this cures she be good. I’ll have to get more bedliner so I can do my rims tomorrow.. 

E6C4A3F5-29EB-42DD-A18D-6F532049305A.jpeg

• Like 3

looks great wheeler ... ha! your stickler for detail, and custom mods, have you ever used any other brand of bed liner in a rattle can other then dupli-color ? 

• Like 1

@_Wilson_™ I have tried another brand (forget the name rite now) but wasn’t happy with it. This stuff just works & is super durable!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Little Red said:

Wheeler the pics look great. I still can’t get over how Bright the red is in the pics. 

Its very bright yes. But again it not perfect. The polish made it a lot better/brighter but the SC-1 brings it ALIVE & enhances the color!

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

when i redo my racks (added to the todo list) i believe I'll go with truck bed liner ....  the flat look i don't care for, and that liner coating doesn't look flat, more like a textured semi gloss. 

On 1/16/2021 at 12:53 PM, Wheeler said:

Well I found what I was looking for. Low gloss black farm paint. It says on the can u can thin & add hardener. I’m going to attempt to respray over the rustoleum paint I did on the bumper. This time I have plastic to make a booth, & I will wear my mask entire time!! I bought gloves so I don’t get it all over me, & I’m gonna use the new 3M PPS cups so paint doesn’t go all over & can paint at more of an angle. 

FYI.. as some of u know I made a terrible mistake the other nite. I was in too close quarters with not enough ventilation for too long. I paid the price heavily yesterday. In bed ALL day! Nausea, shakes, all out plain sick, massive headache! SOO PLEASE NEVER BE AROUND PAINT FUNES TOO LONG OR WITHOUT THE PROPER FILTER MASK (which I do have!!) 

04110DBA-F035-4447-9391-7A8BF82ACB32.jpeg

i went from krylon to plasa-kote. can painting,  i liked krylon at the time

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 4:48 PM, jeepwm69 said:

What is it about the paint that you don't like?

Once I gave up on the bedliner on the Jeep bumpers and switched to paint, I've never looked back.

This is what I've been using.  Oil based enamel.  This is red, but they sell it in black, JD green, etc

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/majic-tractor-truck-implement-oil-base-enamel-mf-red-1-gal-1030932?store=371&cm_mmc=feed-_-GoogleShopping-_-Product-_-1030932&gclid=CjwKCAiAgc-ABhA7EiwAjev-j457tlpy2NGGB8ITOiUItnzDqjWTY3rz9k_lKPXoCM5a0-sQwEy4rRoCCtwQAvD_BwE

i thought something was wrong with that paint because it took so long the get dry... i may have under estimated the paint..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LedFTed said:

i thought something was wrong with that paint because it took so long the get dry... i may have under estimated the paint..

Unless it's hot as heck, it takes FOREVER to harden.  Once it does it's tough as nails.

• Like 3

Well I’ve decided once the weather gets warm enough to paint outside, I am going to sand the bedliner off & attempt the spray gun method with that can of Krylon Implement I bought. I want a paint that’s durable, & easy to clean. I have the new paint gun replaced under warranty too. So it should spray much better than before. 

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

@_Wilson_™ never heard of it.. as some may know I got out the other day.. & have some mud on racks & rear bumper. It’s just stuck in there. Not what I want. But is great stuff!! I’m gonna giver another go with the implement/thinner/hardener mix...

The yellow safety handrails on my site are all industrial enamel paint & SOOOO DURABLE! That’s what I’m looking for & know tractor paint is similar. 

• Like 1

must not be avalible up north ? i liked the textured look, but yeah i can understand it being hard to clean, where as a smooth finish wouldn't be. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Ya I’ve never seen that stuff before _Wilson. Is it like a degreaser?

tire acid .....  won't hurt a thing, not even my plasti-dipped wheels, and will not hurt painted items. nor the plastic, although i read a while back black magic to them over, and is not close being as good as the original westleys. 

That Bleche White is good stuff for tires.  It kinda sucks the dirt out of the texture.