dadstillsurfs

2015 TRX500FM1 Rear Shock

The TRX500FM1 is the foot shift, straight axle 2WD/4WD version. The boys and I duck hunt off it (yes its overloaded) and I use it for light hauling around our place. Will be dragging lots more brush and attempting to pull manzanita stumps this year in addition to the fun stuff.

I'm the original owner of this quad and its been great... except the single rear shock on the straight axle needs to be replaced.

I see Bronco makes a replacement  shock but I'm also looking for recommendations and brands to avoid from you folks.

Hi dadss,

I have used the Bronco shocks as replacements before and they were all good. Happy holidays!

• Like 1

If money is no issue and you want to go over board with  the best , WORX makes some really nice shocks , nitrogen charged with or without  an external  accumulator -------- on the rear pic it is an external accumulator , the front shock pic is internal , and note the adjustment ring it has   --------- if you have or get  a nitrogen bottle , regulator , hose and fitting , you can fine tune it for your wants , needs and desires  

IMG_4889.JPG

IMG_4891.JPG

IMG_4904.JPG

• Like 2

So I finally broke down and got the Bronco shock on the rear. Easy replacement and advertised to add about 25 lbs more capacity than stock. Good thing cuz I've got a rack on the rear for duck hunting gear and it gets fat a$$ me and my two boys to our duck blind. My Foreman is a 2015  TRX500FM1 and the replaced shock was the original equipment. "Doesn't owe me anything" as my Dad liked to say.

• Like 2

Duck hunting equipment , two boys and a fat a$$ is a BIG load >>>>  sounds like you need a pipe with eyelets welded on both ends  instead of a shock with 25 pounds more capacity --- LOL 

• Haha 2

On 6/2/2021 at 5:43 AM, Fishfiles said:

Duck hunting equipment , two boys and a fat a$$ is a BIG load >>>>  sounds like you need a pipe with eyelets welded on both ends  instead of a shock with 25 pounds more capacity --- LOL 

You're a funny guy Fishfiles... I'll keep the pipe and eyelets in mind tho.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

@dadstillsurfs how's the ride on the Bronco?  Been thinking about trying one on the kid's 300.

Works great for me.. I was looking to stiffen the ride and make it track more firmly (the old shock was original OEM). The middle of the adjustment range did that just fine. My 500 weighs in the neighborhood of 800 lbs, I add 300 lbs, so your results will probably be different. The Bronco product was the relatively inexpensive shock option. The other shocks that offer more adjustment are more $... in some cases lots more.

Let us know what you decide and how it works out.

Eric

• Thanks 1