Fishfiles

Accidents

I'm so dang sick of these insurance companies.

Called back this morning to State Farm.  They asked why I was calling.

"Your insured hit my wife last Tuesday.  Your insured said she ran a red light.  My wife said your insured ran a red light.  A third witness said your insured ran a red light.  I don't know why you need a police report when there wasn't a police officer there when the accident happened, but here's the police accident report number.  Now when can I expect a rental to be provided?"

Their response.

"We need some time to review the information we have, we'll be in touch.  We use a third party to get those reports to us and they usually take some time"

🤬

3 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I'm so dang sick of these insurance companies.

Called back this morning to State Farm.  They asked why I was calling.

"Your insured hit my wife last Tuesday.  Your insured said she ran a red light.  My wife said your insured ran a red light.  A third witness said your insured ran a red light.  I don't know why you need a police report when there wasn't a police officer there when the accident happened, but here's the police accident report number.  Now when can I expect a rental to be provided?"

Their response.

"We need some time to review the information we have, we'll be in touch.  We use a third party to get those reports to us and they usually take some time"

🤬

welcome to the red tape !..lol. i heard state farm is a total mess to deal with.

• Like 1

jeep, just go to the police station, get the report yourself, take it to your insurance, say..'' NOW FREAKING FIX THIS MESS '' !..LOL.

Wife just went up there and got it.  Took it to State Farm.  While she was in the office the claims dept from State Farm called to say they were accepting liability.

NOW we have another problem.  Estimate on repair says 7 days.  That means her vehicle will be fixed middle of next week.....while we're gone on vacation.

State Farm said that they will provide a "comparable size" vehicle, but that I have to rent it and they will reimburse me for it.   I'm so dang mad I can't see straight. 

So now I have to drive to Memphis, shell out a couple of grand to rent a vehicle, and then hope that these bottom feeding scum will reimburse me for it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Bummer , and if her car is ready and your out of town with the rental , they will likely cut of reimbursement as soon as her car is ready  , so a few days rental and mileage  might fall on you'll  ----    I went thru a  bad deal with the guy that hit my work truck , his mama had Farmers  ------    I have State Farm , nothing too good to say about them 

• Like 2

well....... being i thought she had told me all about all the damage to get my take on it but she never told me she smashed the right hand side...... , just the left..... wow! is he going to be angry!!! i reckon the only thing she has going for is he's not allowed on my property, or in my house, he might have been somewhat okay with left side ?? but that right side ?! NOPE! not a chance...... and the truck only has liability coverage..... y'all think this will buff out ????? lol ?? 

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

well....... being i thought she had told me all about all the damage to get my take on it but she never told me she smashed the right hand side...... , just the left..... wow! is he going to be angry!!! i reckon the only thing she has going for is he's not allowed on my property, or in my house, he might have been somewhat okay with left side ?? but that right side ?! NOPE! not a chance...... and the truck only has liability coverage..... y'all think this will buff out ????? lol ?? 

image.jpg

yep, it'll buff out...rofl.

It will surely buff out!! AFTER. You pull the dents, do a bit of body work, re paint & clear!! Then she look like new!! Bahahahaha! 

(I’m sorry!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

yeah..... i hear you guys haha, real funny, but fact is it's not my problem :D i can drive ;) i haven't had a crash in over 25 years.... last one i had was driving my friends long nose Pete and hopper trailor .... sadly i had to make a very sharp right hand turn at a for way stop, and one of the tarp Sadle (is what we call them) those items up top in the pic..... i hooked the four way stop sign, and snapped one off , and no i didn't stop.... cost me about $12 bucks to replace it, which was much cheeper then stopping and calling the police, and dealing with the insurance company / red tape .... they don't cut semi drivers ANY slack...... 

image.jpg

I finally got some resolution from both insurance companies.

Mine yesterday said they would waive the deductible now that the other party's insurance has accepted liability for the accident.  Wife's vehicle still isn't expected to make it to the shop until tomorrow.

Called State Farm back to pin them down on what they would and would not reimburse me for as far as a rental, and the woman I spoke with said "Well your wife wasn't at fault, and since she had a 7 seat SUV we will need to approve her a 7 seat SUV."  I replied with thank you (of course) and then said I didn't want to offend her, but would she possibly provide that in writing given that I was going to be on the hook for a couple of thousand in rental fees.  Her reply was "Well how about I just book the vehicle for you?"

So drove the wife over to North Mississippi this morning at dawn, and she's in a Toyota Sequoia until either she gets her car back, or we return from our trip.  The woman at State Farm said she would note that we would be out of town, and that if the wife's car is ready before we get back, that they would still cover the rental until our return.

So I guess ALL insurance people aren't bad.  Just most of them. 

At least we have that behind us now just in time for our trip.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I finally got some resolution from both insurance companies.

Mine yesterday said they would waive the deductible now that the other party's insurance has accepted liability for the accident.  Wife's vehicle still isn't expected to make it to the shop until tomorrow.

Called State Farm back to pin them down on what they would and would not reimburse me for as far as a rental, and the woman I spoke with said "Well your wife wasn't at fault, and since she had a 7 seat SUV we will need to approve her a 7 seat SUV."  I replied with thank you (of course) and then said I didn't want to offend her, but would she possibly provide that in writing given that I was going to be on the hook for a couple of thousand in rental fees.  Her reply was "Well how about I just book the vehicle for you?"

So drove the wife over to North Mississippi this morning at dawn, and she's in a Toyota Sequoia until either she gets her car back, or we return from our trip.  The woman at State Farm said she would note that we would be out of town, and that if the wife's car is ready before we get back, that they would still cover the rental until our return.

So I guess ALL insurance people aren't bad.  Just most of them. 

At least we have that behind us now just in time for our trip.

Good deal , I think you doing your home work prior to that conversation  had a difference on the outcome , if you would not have known what to ask and say , it could have gone bad when it was all over 

On 7/19/2021 at 12:11 PM, shadetree said:

@jeep, over here i had to go get the police report myself from the police department, cost me some cash, like 5 bucks or something ?, then i took it to my insurance company. the police will not just give the report to you here !..lol. neither insurance will act until they get a police report. as for the cost of insurance ?, mine goes by you're credit score !.

Credit score?  Are you $#/[[/ng me ?

Edited by 56Sierra

46 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

Credit score?  Are you $#/[[/ng me ?

i wish !..for real..they base your insurance rate here by your credit score !!!!.i found this out many yrs ago.

that's a new one on me too,  never heard of that before.... I'll have to check with my insurance company, i sure the !!!! pay enough! and have a good credit score.

Yep, they figure people with good credit are less risky.

I have good credit, so that's one thing I have going for me LOL

Down here if you got a lot of money ,  then you are  likely connected politically with the right people , so you don't pay tickets cause they get fixed , so those people  don't care about speeding and running red lights cause they don't pay anyways  -------      it is the people without money and / or connections , who would also have the worst credit scores , who actually have to pay the tickets , so that theory would not be fair around here 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Down here if you got a lot of money ,  then you are  likely connected politically with the right people , so you don't pay tickets cause they get fixed , so those people  don't care about speeding and running red lights cause they don't pay anyways  -------      it is the people without money and / or connections , who would also have the worst credit scores , who actually have to pay the tickets , so that theory would not be fair around here 

Oh nothing about it is fair.  It's all the way for them to maximize profits.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Yep, they figure people with good credit are less risky.

I have good credit, so that's one thing I have going for me LOL

believe me, i went round and round with my agent, blew up on him..i said '' what the freak does my credit score got to do with the way i drive '' ?..lol. yeah..i call b.s. !. but yes, everyone needs to call their insurance campany, and ask them if their credit score has anything to do with their rate ?, chances are..it will !.

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

believe me, i went round and round with my agent, blew up on him..i said '' what the freak does my credit score got to do with the way i drive '' ?..lol. yeah..i call b.s. !. but yes, everyone needs to call their insurance campany, and ask them if their credit score has anything to do with their rate ?, chances are..it will !.

They'll use anything they can to raise your rates.

"You have back hair?  We're sorry, people with back hair tend to be a higher risk pool"

• Haha 2

Ask 'em why females get lower rates.  At least they used to.  Maybe now with half the women updating their Facebook at every intersection the insurance companies may rate them higher.  What a screaming hissy-fit the gals would have if that were the case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

oh yeah..... there's nothing like a female driver, wow! talk about aggressive (at least the ones i know are) . you have no idea how many females driving I've seen on the phone, compaired to males, (when i get to haul) AND, From up in the cab, you see everything, even some things you wish you'd never see....... even cops not wearing seatbelts, and talking on the phone, kinda odd why it's illegal to use a cell phone while driving, but it's not for a ham, police or cb radio, i reckon it's all about the money, and power. 

• Like 1

Things can happen bad quick , be careful 

One of my good buddy's got hurt real  bad over the weekend  , he was following his son up an uneven rut , his son made it  , he got wiggly and says his hand came off the bars and thumb came off the throttle , the atv started to roll backward , when he found the throttle again with his thumb , he hit the throttle  too hard and atv flipped over  , his clavicle ( shoulder bone ) broke in 3 places and jammed down into his chest , the doctor said it almost punctured his heart , that was Sunday on Father's Day ,  he went for an operation this morning at 8 AM , talked with his brother and  still have not heard anything yet , I had  talked with him yesterday evening and he said he was hurting bad as he ever did in his life 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I debated on posting this.... Don't care to be a downer... But never the less ... I think i should because it's so redicious ..... A MCSD was killed a few days ago... Now i know most of them, and have heard of the fellah... Well..... I'm on about my regular day ending... And i get this voice mail... From mike (a good friend) says did i hear about what happened on highway 43 south  ( same road i  used to haul grain to laweranceberge on) so i call back.. He goes on about an accident that cost brad miller 68 years old and a 19 year veteran of the MCSD... Details were he was running traffic control for a highway painting machine... And was struck from behind by a driver of a speeding SUV ...word is he was texting... Now most of us now know it's very easy to spot those newer style led lighted patrol vehicles (especially  on a straight flat stretch of blacktop) ems and fire rescue etc etc .... But this guy apparently didnt.... I told mike no id not heard one thing on radio... But also the state of Tennessee is in the process of going all digital..... And as of right now the equipment to receive radio traffic is getting dam near impossible to find, much less afford, (already updated so I can pickup THP state wide) plus the fact the new system isn't up and running yet... So it's just a gamble if one was to go out and spend tons of cash update systems, told him i wasn't going to right now, and might get out of it all the way, because it's mostly bad news... And i do not like people calling me to ask me what happened, offering is deferent, but,  being asked is not much lower then rubber necking IMO ......so he goes on t tell me he had passed the officer sitting in his car doing TC ... Mike was hauling top soil for Davis trucking....well later when he was on the way back... Both sides of 43 were closed... Ems fire rescue were on scene and life flight was landing on the highway... Well an officer informed him he'd need to take another route, but mike being the nice guy with a bunch of friends asked what happened..the officer told him he wasn't going to say, but it would be announced on WKRN news 2 in Nashville.... Well apparently he found out before hand (i figured he would) so he calls me back tells me what happened... Said officer Miller was struck from behind, i said why life fight ? He said for the other driver ...... I'm like wtf!..... I said didnt you tell me he was at fault he said yeah, but they are concerned if he stays in Maury Regional someone will kill him for taking the officers life.... So they flight end him to Vanderbilt in Nashville .... We talked over a few things.. I said you know why this happened right ? He says yeah.... Main reason is because the speed limits change so much in such a short stretch..... I can tell yaw 1st had it's plain stupid one Zone is 35 ..... Then 45 then 55 then 65 and play it again over and over again... You can't have speed limits changing so many times in such a short distance!! It's burns me up that some idiot chose to set it up like that.... Maybe good revenue for speeding tickets among other violations..... But it cost an officer his life...to continue ..... Some of yaw have heard of the THP officer Harvey Briggs ?? .... I was best friends with Harv ..... And I'm here to tell you that mess was all fake..... And that balless little punk better never set foot back in the state of tenn... Because i know for a fact if he comes back for any reason.. He will never lieve here alive, and I'm jot talking about what I'd do... I'm refurring to most of the people on my county.... Harv was a very nice officer... And i saw the un edited video... I know for a fact Harv DID NOT KNOCK HIS MASK OFF, because harv had already turned around to walk off before that ! head took his off and threw it at the tree..... That's two of our officers down... Harv, well i know where he is, but I'm not saying.... I thought about calling him, but with what he's had to deal with, best i let him alone for now, but i others and! God know the truth.... I can't say right now what I'd do if i get my hands on him... But i know what other friends of Harv said....so yeah i hope he has enough hair on his balls to come back.... This is not a rant, just the way it is and it's going to be... This is the pricks pic..... He's not just caused trouble in my state .... He's also caused problems in other states. 

image.jpg

Odd thing happened to me on AL 180 westbound.   Speed limit 35 at a traffic signal.   Rounding a rt hand curve watching the traffic signal, I looked to the right and see a guy about 15' feet off the right side holding up a stop sign.  WTH!!!!.  My initial reaction was to apply the brakes until I was assured all was clear.   The guy behind me had a different opinion and nearly hit me.

What's you opinion?  I feel I I have the right to apply brakes at anytime and the driver behind me has the obligation to stop but also shouldn't hit the brakes unless there is a reason. 

I still have no clue why a stop sign was held up so close to my lane but know it wasn't even close to MUTCD standards.  I'm known to err on the side of caution.

What is the opinion of the group?  Blow by the improperly placed stop sign or apply the brakes until assured all is clear?